Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, look what volume showed up on NASDAQ Realtime at 4:18 pm today:

View attachment 745406

N.B. 1,864,554 / 2 = 932,277 shares, which is suspiciously close to 2 tranches worth of sales to cover Income Taxes on executing one of Elon's 2012 stock options (within exactly 1,814 shares of 2 tranches worth).

Guess we'll see later if the Forms 4 show Elon sold today (we live in hope, wot?) ;)

Cheers!
How could all those shares have sold all at once after hours without making a massive stock price drop???

I don't understand the "Invite to Texas" thinking.

When I look at that building I see a green revolution and less CO2 in the atmosphere.

Someone from an oil based economy (all politicians, no matter how they wash themselves) should see total destruction, if they open their eyes for two seconds.

All that can come of this is: people motivated and working to slam on the brakes.

It needs to be a fait accompli factory. Invite people to the day the 1 millionth CT comes off the line.

No word on FSD 10.7 it seems?

Sure there was. Elon tweeted this on Fri, Dec 10:

So if 10.7 ships any time this weekend, its right to time. But honestly, the 'next beta' doesn't mean much.

The REAL question folks should be asking is "When does DOJO come online?" It's been about a year, could be anytime now. THEN, we'll see an order of magnitude increase in NN training productivity, and a consequent increase in the number of problems the FSD team can solve per week/iteration.

The lack of DOJO is the single most critical barrier stopping the merger into the 'single-stack' for Nav-on-Autopilot (Highway FSD) and FSD Beta: Tesla simply does not have the compute necessary to add in all the baggage of the N.O.AP data set into the already bulky beta data.

When Tesla launchs DOJO, that will change quickly.

Cheers!

So, look what volume showed up on NASDAQ Realtime at 4:18 pm today:

View attachment 745406

N.B. 1,864,554 / 2 = 932,277 shares, which is suspiciously close to 2 tranches worth of sales to cover Income Taxes on executing one of Elon's 2012 stock options (within exactly 1,814 shares of 2 tranches worth).

Guess we'll see later if the Forms 4 show Elon sold today (we live in hope, wot?) ;)

Cheers!
I had weird feeling today that there were two periods during the day where the stock distinctly departed from the macros to the downside and that both instances could be Elon’s selling

Him finishing all 4 tranches today would be a Christmas miracle

…………I’m going to open my present and get socks aren’t I?

What short memories some of you have, or perhaps you don’t have the memories at all because you’ve not been following since 2012 or you’re not really paying close enough attention.

Not cool, man.

So okay then, it's the latter: You obviously haven't been following things closely here for long enough. :p

I am no man.jpg

Word!

Last edited:
How could all those shares have sold all at once after hours without making a massive stock price drop???

Pre-arranged trades are reported on NASDAQ too, often after-hrs, even though they do NOT go through the Order Book. Hence, no effect on SP. But all trades DO have to be reported, even though certain reports can be delayed for up to a day.

@Fact Checking used to write about this mechanism extensively, if you can find his comments with search.

Last edited:
People don’t pay for articles in the New York Times. Nor do the reporters there or at any other major news organization have story topics, tones etc dictated by some shadowy cabal. Way off base. I know that from up close and personal.

So you know all major news organizations "up close and personal"? You must get around.

Google returns multiple definitions of "M1 Visa." Would you please link the one you meant? Sounds interesting, thanks.
M1 Finance is a brokerage/investment service:

They offer a Visa credit card with perks for spending at places you hold stock.

Note: I have never used their service, I have only heard about it.

Last edited:
Prearranged trades are reported on NASDAQ too, often after-hrs, and do NOT go through the Order Book. Hence, no effect on SP. @Fact Checking used to write about this mechanism extensively, if you can find his comments with search.
To add to this, every single time you see a Tesla logo or upside-down Tesla logo AH in the chart, and Google doesn't filter them out so you always see them on the TSLA chart at Google Finance, what you are seeing is indeed pre-arranged trades, usually exercise of options. People have been calling them 'glitches' for years but this is entirely inaccurate. They are actual trades, occuring during the AH period, not glitches!

Pre-arranged trades are reported on NASDAQ too, often after-hrs, even though they do NOT go through the Order Book. Hence, no effect on SP. But all trades DO have to be reported, even though certain reports can be delayed for up to a day.

@Fact Checking used to write about this mechanism extensively, if you can find his comments with search.

Looking at the ticker from the end of today, a few transactions stand out (Timestamps in GMT):

TSLA: 932.57 count: 5110586 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:00:01.733

This is the closing cross, which was large.
Then later, a bit spread out but quite close together:
TSLA: 932.61 count: 916400 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:17:11.695
TSLA: 932.61 count: 972000 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:18:36.158
TSLA: 932.61 count: 888645 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:18:56.516

Could this be him selling three of the tranches? Math doesn't add up to 934091, but it is close. (Off by 25k in total)

Looking at the ticker from the end of today, a few transactions stand out (Timestamps in GMT):

TSLA: 932.57 count: 5110586 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:00:01.733

This is the closing cross, which was large.
Then later, a bit spread out but quite close together:
TSLA: 932.61 count: 916400 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:17:11.695
TSLA: 932.61 count: 972000 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:18:36.158
TSLA: 932.61 count: 888645 Timestamp: 2021-12-17 21:18:56.516

Could this be him selling three of the tranches? Math doesn't add up to 934091, but it is close. (Off by 25k in total)
Would AH trades that late still be reported tonight? Or would we have to wait until Monday to know if late AH trades were completed?

REMINDER: SpaceX Falcon9 set to launch Starlink Mission 2-4 from Vandenberg about 6 hrs from now:

First up is the launch of 52 Starlink satellites from the Vandenberg Space Force Base in California. The west coast launch is scheduled for Saturday, December 18 at 1:24am PST.

Would AH trades that late still be reported tonight? Or would we have to wait until Monday to know if late AH trades were completed?

The fact the trades happened is already reported- that's what you're quoting in your post.

Nothing requires same-day reporting by an insider (such as Elon) regardless of what time in the day they trade... though typically his trades HAVE reported same-day, they aren't required to...insiders have 2 business days to report via form 4.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sofie
Those were the days, huh? And the first fire. And the time Tesla took away adjustable suspension until the titanium shield resolution. And the cars not delivered December of 2013? because the seats didn’t get a 5* safety rating. SO, so much has happened.
@Krugerrand
yeah, having our EV club christmas party at that service center (we brought everything food wise) they sold a few Model S to some club members