Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Significant call wall at 1100

1640788173202.png

Obviously TSLA is poised for big moves come P and D and earnings, but let us not forget everyone already knew the Elon was almost done selling, and that the final announcement begs for a 'sell the news' phenomenon. I am not predicting any real decline, but I would be equally surprised to see a huge move up before confirmation of Tesla's 'yet another record' quarter.
I think my eyes will be qqq. Retest 400 this am then strong bounce. This might mean MmD for Tesla and then end up green.

I agree with you that financial planners et. al. prioritize their interests above yours. But I don't think it follows that the all-in approach is universally better. In retrospect, of course that approach has worked best for us TSLA investors - hindsight's always 20/20. But I don't think it's wrong to consider that any force majeure event could, for example, take Elon out of the picture, would impact those all-in people more than those who weren't. How about we agree not to fault those who choose a different risk profile by diversifying.
But if your advisor is any good then they should have been recommending leaning heavy into TSLA, no? Anyone can suggest you diversify to spread risk but when there's a smoking rocket on the launch pad is that the right advice?

All futures except for Dow in the red.
TSLA a big fat green.
I can virtually see you all smiling with an "I told you so" in your eyes.
Restraining yourselves to no let it come out of your mouth.
Congrats everybody here, even if it's just premarket.
This will work out just fine.

I recommend avoiding the temptation to let the share price dictate how you feel about your investments. While it's true that only the share price can tell you what you could sell your investment for right now, that is only significant if you want to sell your investment right now.

Share prices are spastic and not good indicators of much of anything except for what they are - the current price someone will pay you for your shares. Share prices are best looked at dispassionately and as a point of minor curiosity, not as an important metric of how your long-term investments are performing. Look towards the company's performance for that. The time to start paying attention to the share price is if you think it's fully valued, the company has run out of steam and it's time to exit. I hope I don't see signs like that for many years!

You only need a 70% to pass and get your Series 7, and the average a few years ago was that it was taken 3 times with a passing grade in the 70s.
Long ago a few colleagues and I were having barroom bets. Two of us were induced to take the test. One of us had securities knowledge from an operations perspective, but zero about sales knowledge. The other had gone to graduate school with us but had exactly zero securities background. They both studied for a single day. They both had passes the first time.

None of us has ever paid any attention at all to opinions of salespeople in the securities world.
Offhand it seems we've all done well finncially.

Last edited by a moderator: