Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want TSLA in the Dow. That's the boomer index, and TSLA is anything but a boomer stock. Put STLA (Stellantis) in the Dow instead if they are so desperate to have an auto company in the Dow, which they aren't, because the Dow hasn't had an auto company for a long time now and no one cares if they do or don't.

I don't know if you haven't heard, but TSLA isn't an auto company like STLA is an auto company.

* AI
* Solar PV (panels and roofs)
* inverters
* Batteries
* energy arbitrage (autobidder)
* robots

I don't think everyone that wants to see TSLA in the DOW is thinking of it as an auto company when they do so.

I have a friend in the financial business, and he says the analysts are basically doing marketing for their firm. Positive recommendations are trying to curry favor with the company being analyzed or similar companies. Negative recommendations are trying to curry favor with competitors of the company. They want the target audience to use their firm for financial services like fund raising, loans, or buying their ETF/mutual funds. Target audience also includes fans or detractors of the company being covered.
How come we have not had a whistleblower from one of these big financial firms on their shenanigan's. Same with main stream media houses too.

How come we have not had a whistleblower from one of these big financial firms on their shenanigan's. Same with main stream media houses too.
WRT Financial firms:
1) The tools that Wall Street firms use (including MMs and hedgies) are totally legal per se. It is the manipulation that occurs, using these tools, that is the problem (i.e, illegal), ergo
2) Anyone who might be a potential whistleblower would have a very tough row to hoe to explain all this. Problem is, in my experience in the business, nobody really understood the ramifications of changes to trading regulations ensuing from the Madoff exemption and changes to the uptick rule.

WRT Media:

The media, for whatever reason, is captured by those who want to see America fail. Any indication that they are on the wrong side of the fence, they will change their tune. AIMO.

It's kind public knowledge that 90% of them are shills for their institution. Take JPM's ridiculous PT for Tesla. It's crazy right? Yet it makes perfect sense since Jamie Dimon hates Elon and he's still salty about the fiasco over going private years ago. Do you think Brinkman, the analyst is gonna override Dimon? Not if he wants to work ever again lol.

I think the whistleblowers are people like SMR, Rob M and Troy. They are free to point out the absurdities and gaping defects in logic in many of the mainstream analysists. Troy was even called out in one of the P&D post-mortems. The democratization of stock analysis is underway.

I reiterate my 01/07 Friday $1300 price target.
With TSLA we are watching aapl, amzn valuation in the making. Car manufacturing is capital intensive, and tesla has shown how to make profits despite this. Making more cars in a setting of car part supply chain 'shortages' is astounding and making a profit on them is as well. Just like apple and amazon (and others) there is a pivot shift coming for Tesla to energy and fsd-ai subscription service. While FSD may not be approved by regulatory bodies, it will have a huge impact on the insurance market which i would guess is watching this story unfold with keen interest.

Just did it.
Sold 10x -p1500 20/1/2023 for 530 credit per share.
Officially cleared my margin.

still interesting if the contract gets assigned at expiration in 1 year. That would be the equivalent of purchasing 1000 shares at 970 in 2023..
Better still, you won't need to pay taxes on that 530K you cleared for '21. Only when you sell, at adjusted $970 purchase price (Canada)