Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the feeling of about to be heading into uncharted waters. Action! Adventure! Suspense! and MB a love scene for the ladies.

Most of all I want, in this order(Will NOT settle for anything else or these being rearranged ......!)

1. QQQ Back over 400
2. Giga Somewhere to start production
3. ER in line with The Accountants estimates
4. Moodys Upgrade.

Everything else.... is everything else.....

The fact that Wall St. takes AJ seriously is clear evidence of a disconnect:

ValueAnalyst on Twitter: "“Tesla shares could drop to $10” Adam Jonas. May 21, 2019."

Not the brightest bulb on the tree. :p

Cheers!

You should not confuse the AJ effect as anyone taking him seriously, but rather simply note the correlation between his price target raises and stock activity. One does not need to stretch imagination too far to envision how analysts and traders might establish symbiotic relationships within veritable organizations such as MS. 🤪

Reactions: Tim S
I think on recent flyovers they were constructing some kind of conveyor structure on trusses, similar to the raised auxiliary line trusses in Shanghai and Berlin , but car sized and enclosed, from Paint/plastics? towards the tents...
The video I saw said that conveyor was to carry the cars from the paintshop to the GA tents.

The location makes sense.

They currently tow cars from paint to GA.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I have a reservation for a 7 seater Plaid X, expecting delivery end of year.
Maybe it’s a supply shortage issue?
Could be, or maybe they just haven't contacted the non-NA Plaid X 5/7 order holders yet. In the USA they have contacted people and said you will either be upgraded to 6-seat for free, or you have to downgrade to the non-Plaid to keep a non-6 seat cofiguration.

They have already changed the site so you can no longer order a 7-seat Model X Plaid. (I checked NA, Norway, and Germany.)

I was not clear on the 4680 path in US as to approx when and on which cars. He said no mix of cells on same model and trim but then seemed to contradict that. When would all Ys have 4680's and on which ones? Clearly not on 3's or in Germany to start.

When he is saying no mix of cells on the same model, he is referring to no mix on the same TRIM. We already have different mix on different trims. So he is speculating that Model Y Performance may get the 4680s to start.

1642020255217.png

Here's hoping they make it eventually. Owned a 6 seater in the past, clearly the coolest config.

But 7 seats wins handily for utility.

The version that makes the most sense to cut is the 5 seater.

Yes! Which just makes this even more spectacular.........

1642019869453.png

...........as this was a screenshot of a TMC post on July 1, 2020 - before the 5:1 split. In only 1 1/2 years TSLA is now building a very nice level of support at 5x what it was just 18 months ago. What a ride. Disneyland 'E'-tickets only

When he is saying no mix of cells on the same model, he is referring to no mix on the same TRIM. We already have different mix on different trims. So he is speculating that Model Y Performance may get the 4680s to start.
Yes, speculation. If it were only the Y performance then it would be very few cars. Seems like a real mess to have one cell in one trim and different in another unless they all have the same construction. I guess we will know more soon.

Reactions: LightngMcQueen
Yes, speculation. If it were only the Y performance then it would be very few cars. Seems like a real mess to have one cell in one trim and different in another unless they all have the same construction. I guess we will know more soon.
Well LRs having 2170 nickel and SR has CATL's LFPs so they are already doing this.

And yes we should expect few out of the gate as they ramp this tech. My prediction is Semi+Model Y performance. Eventually it'll switch over the LRs of model Ys, cybertruck and roadster. It may be stuck here for awhile because they haven't worked out the front/rear casting for Model 3s yet. I also don't see them changing their latest S/X packs unless the Plaid+ comes back.

Generally speaking you have to have the IQ of a 16+ year old to even be CONSIDERED to be allowed "hang around" inside a hangar.
That rules out TSLAQ entirely.

Paying someone to tool you around is one thing...... being involved is another
:p

Nice. I was a bike courier and from age 19-26 didn't own an automobile. Im easy going. Roof/Eats/......

Once the Home is acquired the next quest will be unlocked(New Tesla). Im hoping my remaining shares and my current investments in crypto currencies will provide that next leg up.... But gotta get this first Mission Accomplished!
GO TESLA
GO TSLA
GO QQQ
GO AWAY GORDO
So just want to figure out what u end up doing with your tsla gains.

You own a model 3? Then going to buy a house? Have you quit your job yet? Did u buy a condo somewhere in between? Was there a souk searching travel? Drugs alcohol marriage?

Just got a call from Tesla that they arent going to make the 5 or 7 seat plaid X but that they will cover the $6500 up-charge if I change my order to the 6 seat. If they are doing this for a lot of customers this could affect margins a tad.
With all due respect, pricing at Tesla is mostly based upon "what will the market bear" . . . and not so much on "what does it cost us to make it."

Thus, the margin impact will be negligible I suspect as the cost of the extra hardware for the six-seater version, over and above the other two versions, is likely well under $1k (my WAG). They used to charge an extra $6.5k because they could.

So just want to figure out what u end up doing with your tsla gains.

You own a model 3? Then going to buy a house? Have you quit your job yet? Did u buy a condo somewhere in between? Was there a souk searching travel? Drugs alcohol marriage?
Have no gains yet! Still holding all. Been buying TSLA since 2015 and Solar City before.

No Model 3, House is the first goal. Drive a Volvo. No Condo either, I rent half of a duplex. I work as a independent contractor in the entertainment/event production industry, Still doing gigs. Lots of travel, lots of soul searching. And Yes, I was married to drugs and alcohol =)

If I didn't have TSLA stock right now, I would be hurting and wandering aimlessly through the world.
Banks said my taxable income was too low for them to give me a mortgage in Jan 21.

Funny..... Ive been banking with them since 1994, and have 800+ credit score.
You would think being a customer for nearly 30 years would perhaps side step some of their BS. Im sure im not the riskiest investment for them. But I get it(I suppose) they are trying to avoid another 2008. Nearly my entire adult life has been in a recession. CPI and 10Yr bond ROFL. CNBC ROFL. BANKS ROFL.
Such a joke.

First home will skip that morgage process entirely. Once we land at around $1600, all that becomes possible for me. What I'll do then in regards to the stock ownership I have no idea. What I WILL be doing will be reading the forum when that day comes. The Split is the true test of my HODLing. If it runs to 1600 and a split is announced........ I would (Happily) be forced to hold in anticipation of holding onto a larger number of TSLA shares for the next part of my life. If we run up to perhaps to the number @The Accountant & Homer Simpson have in mind and no split is announced, I will be racking my brain.

Y'all the best Thx for listening.
I post this same article about every 6 months when Ive been charting and doing math and am very *******(You Decide!)

Cheers
Just FYI: Don't even think of selling TSLA shares to fund your new home. If you do, it will likely be the most expensive home you've ever purchased, by many times, as you will have lost the appreciation from the massive TSLA future share growth.

There are a host of ways to borrow against your large TSLA portfolio; here's one:

Others are sure to have other suggestions along these same lines.