Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im hoping there is none of the usual after ER "Digestion" period. I want the people watching to do the Hollywood thing where they involuntarily spit out their beverage and mouths drop to the floor in utter amazement(Feelings of self ignorance)
That's my gut. Just not sure if we'll be shooting up from 900 at that time. lol

Im hoping there is none of the usual after ER "Digestion" period. I want the people watching to do the Hollywood thing where they involuntarily spit out their beverage and mouths drop to the floor in utter amazement(Feelings of self ignorance)
I'd love that, but we were saying the same thing just before the P&D numbers. We only got one wild monday.

Suits like this often have narrow time windows of stock ownership to be eligible to participate in the suit. You can look up what the requirements are.

I haven't bothered to do that but it's a good bet most of the suit members have missed most of the gains in TSLA since the lows of 2019 and are hoping to profit a little bit off their history of TSLA ownership, after the fact, through this suit. The term "TSLA shareholders" in the context of this suit denotes historical TSLA shareholders, not necessarily current TSLA shareholders.
Also seems likely some of them have come out well in long positions they are still in, but were contacted by an attorney trying to build the class action and said hmmm, potential free money.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Latest from Tobias Lindh

Me likey:
GigaBerlin.PNG

Why Stonk keep goin' down ?

Or maybe I should ask: why do I always buy the dip waaay too early, so that it ends up looking like I bought still on the spike :rolleyes:
Don't worry about it. The fact that you have the knowledge, drive and wherewithal to buy in is more than most people. It will all work out in the long run.

Also seems likely some of them have come out well in long positions they are still in, but were contacted by an attorney trying to build the class action and said hmmm, potential free money.

It's basically a given that the class includes people who still own TSLA shares and have never sold. You can bet the suit wasn't instigated by such people. It's likely the suit was conceived by people who have always hated TSLA and Musk and never owned the stock. They had to find eligible shareholders/ex-shareholders to make it happen.

I would assume the suit is structured in such a way that many long-time TSLA shareholders on TMC are part of the class unless they take specific action to exclude themselves. I probably bought my first shares too late to be included (I don't recall ever getting a notice that I was part of this suit). The usual reason why someone eligible might exclude themselves is because they thought they could extract a better settlement for themselves by suing individually.

Someone could also exclude themselves from a class-action because they are morally or philosophically opposed to the suit but I'm not sure this makes much sense because the damages are typically divided up amongst the suit members in proportion to how many eligible members there are. Excluding yourself from the suit would just leave more potential spoils for those who created the suit in the first place. So, it's probably better for eligible TSLA faithful to remain in the suit and, in the unlikely event the suit is successful, apply the winnings to buy more TSLA shares! :cool:

I got 10.9 last night. On my drive to work it did the 120 degree onramp turn better than ever (enough to pass as human and not get a honk for first time). The highway drive characteristics were much improved. Right turns into traffic were much better (staying in lane/smooth turn/smooth acc/no braking). It still had trouble with a right turn in my neighborhood where parked cars block the right lane of the street and it still did not use the shoulder/turning lane to enter my work parking lot (dangerous because access road speed is 50mph and it almost comes to a complete stop). I think so far this feels like the largest improvement since I have had FSDb. I closed my CCs this morning (if only I had waited 2hrs more).

Last edited: