Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And so what if they do "deliver"? They aren't producing at the scale of Tesla, they aren't growing at the rate of Tesla. They don't enjoy the margins of Tesla. And the EV portion of the market is growing all the time. It's not a zero sum game, meaning the (currently limited) success of others is not detrimental to Tesla. Just as Apple is not negatively affected by others selling smartphones.
True - not a zero-sum-game. But they just won't have 70%+ ownership of the EV market like they do in the US - Tesla has such a good lead they should keep the Iphone like dominance. Kia and others will have maybe 60-70% EV sales in Europe to Tesla's 30-40%.
And I was wrong about the Model Y costing £50k in Europe - it starts at £55,900 - that's about $65k in the USA - but UK has 20% VAT and cost of Worldwide shipping is high until the Germany plant starts.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: rsm287 and 82bert
Anyway - I'm interested in Tesla once it stops falling - but $810 still seems pricey to me!

So you missed out on the $792's then? ;)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-01-28.10-20.png

SP back above the MA(200) Opening Lower-BB by 10:20 ET.

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
Couple notes on that.
Model 3 with the basic 18 wheels at $44,990 is October. June is the 19 wheels and total cost is $46,490
Model Y with the basic 19 wheels at $58,990 is December. August is the 20 inch wheels and total cost is $60,990
You probably hadn't noticed that specifying better wheels OR white seats brings the delivery forward. (3+Y)

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Bingo, EM should have taken a page from CEO Barra's playbook. When they asked about the $25K, start talking about the efficiency and production numbers that will come from AUS and BER. How it will lead to even better numbers in future quarters. Or take a page out of every other Automaker out there," we do not discuss future products" (and yes, Elon has used that one before). Can't spin positive news as negative, if you give something POSITIVE!

Instead we get a condescending lecture on Jetsons robotics and an often delayed FSD. Go over to the Model Y and 3 sections of this forum. Where the majority talk of pride in their new Teslas. They are not going to rent their cars out to have strangers do who knows what inside of there cars.

I guess its cool one day we can all aspire to be Hertz.
Note to self: Next time Elon says he's going to join the conference call, close out any open call positions.

Do you all remember the posts with a vertical timeline of factory building comparisons?
“First roof, Dec
First concrete jan ”

Anyone able to update those?

I don’t know where to find them, but you should be aware that Giga Berlin is larger than Stage 1 for Shanghai, and Austin is larger than both.