Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There will be lightning and thunder from the lawyers
A1DD25D6-071F-45E4-834C-00A28DEB8DE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow - April 4th will be a wild day.

I'm guessing people will be live tweeting (is that allowed in courts - probably at the discretion of the judge ?). Every tweet will send the SP up or down 5%. Hope she has a complete communication clap down till the hearing is over.

I'd expect her to take a week or so to give a ruling. Any experts take on this ?

I am considering going up for the case. I have contacted another TMC member for advice (thanks!) and been on the Court website. NO CELL PHONES allowed in court so may get nothing till after the case is over which I suspect could be around 3pm.

I just hope if I go up there are enough seats in the courtroom......

Tesla never gets any Chinese subsidies. So actually great news for Tesla cause every single local brand will take a huge hit.
In summary, Chinese subsidies down and Tesla just got comparatively cheaper.

Just to show the initial impact of diminishing subsidies on local brands, NIO stock is down 7.29% yesterday.

“Chinese Tesla”? Just stop kidding. Sure NIO made some great PowerPoint slides and spends a lot of money decorating their stores. But the actual car is meh. Its advertised range is impossible to achieve. NIO’s CEO recently even said building long range EV does not require too much technology. What? So he thought just adding more batteries is enough. What a clown. So naive.

Tesla’s PowerPoint slides are not fancy, Tesla actually build great cars.

Most local brands had been making cars according to the subsidy requirements, which is relatively easy in the past. Now that the standard is much higher, many simply don’t have the the technology to meet the requirements while being sustainable. This is only the beginning.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Doggydogworld
I am considering going up for the case. I have contacted another TMC member for advice (thanks!) and been on the Court website. NO CELL PHONES allowed in court so may get nothing till after the case is over which I suspect could be around 3pm.

Rent a wheelchair. You’ll get front row and have a place to sit.

(Settle down people, it was a joke.)

Pack the house and wear Tesla hat and shirts.

Considering all the people who work in NYC and can get there easily I don't think the court is ready for all the crazy Tesla people who show up. Hey you might get to see Mark B.S. as well.

Latest FUD is about SR deliveries being delayed with speculation that Tesla hasn’t built them. Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Delayed in Delivery – Buyers Complaining Is it possible that Tesla is waiting on EPA or some other certification? I notice there’s no efficiency rating here yet Gas Mileage of 2019 Tesla Model 3
Dana Hull has also joined the party pushing the FUD. Funny thing is a couple of folks have chimed in saying they got their SR M3.

That's good - but can be wild after 3 PM.

(first post here, but believe me, I've read all 1633 pages of this thread)

Lets put on pragmatic hat and imagine what could be plausible scenario for this event.
1. Some kind of spike is largely anticipated, a blast to 350-ish (as it did in October, journey to 250s reverted back to 350 in just 3 days)
2. Exact ruling will not be known till at least couple more weeks after the hearing.
3. We will get reports on how did the speeches go no earlier than 4:30pm EST (otherwise SEC will have to open new case on itself, judge Nathan and mr.Hueston)

What else do we know: $TSLA is a wallstreet favourite volatility machine, designed to make sickening flights. Especially when the chaotic movements are amplified by FUD campaign, or downgrading, or else. No naive 5% or even 10% stop loss can survive this and will be harvested.

So what I think, we gonna have slow growth to about 300 in next few days, which will be crowds of optimistic retail investors who already started buying the dip. During the Thursday April 4th speculations, theories and overall hysteria will reach its peak.

Evening April 4th we will get a tsunami of reports declaring SEC to win and Musk to fail, combined with tsunami of FUD publications thru cnbc, sickening alpha, BI and others, and friday April 5th will be the stop loss harvesting day, with prices plummeting to some horrible lows.

And only then the happy end - mid April:
- Alison Nathan releases her ruling in the way which saves Jay Clayton's face
- Musk will get very mild punishment and clearer definition of what sort of tweets is material and what is not
- Donnie gets his china deal finally signed and markets rally (that is said to be his major hope for 2020 elections)
- Institutions come back and not blocked by ongoing SEC case - $TSLA goes to the moon where next 2 years reciprocating cycle starts until modelY/semi/roadster rampening is finished.

Thoughts anyone?

Musk will get very mild punishment and clearer definition of what sort of tweets is material and what is not
Nope, Elon is under the guidance of Tesla. Tesla said the tweet was fine, not fine-able. Expert witness backed up that claim.

To get anywhere, the SEC would have needed to file against Tesla for having a system that does not conform to the consent decree. Unfortunately for the SEC, they have had a copy of that policy since December and never challenged it...

Nope. Have you ever seen racking for class A body panels? You can’t ‘stack’ body panels on themselves, you’d ruin the surface.

Then you’d have to make crating. Ever had to do crating for International across the ocean? The parts would have to be sealed, crates made, then those crates sealed. Um...no.

Send finished cars or nothing at all.
Shipping containers can be watertight, in which case they should not allow any extra moisture in, even during shipping across the ocean.

Tesla already has panels racked for easy movement around the factory (since they must batch panel production with more panel types to make than they have presses). Just add additional padding, tie downs, etc, perhaps run the rack through a jumbo plastic wrap machine, load into standard container - basically do more than gravity to keep things in place.