Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I in the right forum thread? Looking for investing discussions, I'm sure there is another thread for GPU, APU, and/or CPU discussion and I can't seem to find it.

Let's try this: Austin and Berlin seem to be very close, if so, Q2 2022 numbers should start to reflect significant numbers of cars coming out of there which in my estimation would give a real bump to earnings for a looong time to come. Is there anyone that isn't a buyer at these prices? Just don't see how it isn't a good opportunity to jump in. It only goes one of two ways now, we all die or we all get rich, either way I'll throw my money in for more chairs.
I believe it is and everything you've said seems spot on. I guess the other Tesla bulls are focusing on Ukraine. I feel the sp has been driven down by both computerized short sellers (on proof from me though) and the general dislike by most of the media. Even when the news is incredibly good the general coverage for Tesla seems negative.

Long term we'll have the last laugh. All the way to the bank!

Am I in the right forum thread? Looking for investing discussions, I'm sure there is another thread for GPU, APU, and/or CPU discussion and I can't seem to find it.

Let's try this: Austin and Berlin seem to be very close, if so, Q2 2022 numbers should start to reflect significant numbers of cars coming out of there which in my estimation would give a real bump to earnings for a looong time to come. Is there anyone that isn't a buyer at these prices? Just don't see how it isn't a good opportunity to jump in. It only goes one of two ways now, we all die or we all get rich, either way I'll throw my money in for more chairs.
It only goes one of two ways now, we all die or we all get rich richer....FTFY

Auntie Cathie times the bottom.

Last edited:
Auntie Cathy times the bottom.

Remember how critical people were when she unloaded shares back in November?

I’m not the sort of person who tries to jump in and out of stocks, but I can sure admire someone who executed it so well.

The best I was able to manage was selling AAPL at 172 to buy TSLA LEAPs a couple weeks back when SP was around $840.

I’m not the sort of person who tries to jump in and out of stocks, but I can sure admire someone who executed it so well.

The best I was able to manage was selling AAPL at 172 to buy TSLA LEAPs a couple weeks back when SP was around $840.
She sold all her Palantir stock at the very bottom to buy some Tesla. I don't really call this a win.

Just to clairfy, $3.5B is the new total crew program cost, including the additional 3 flights. Original award was up to $2.6B, so this is around $900 million additional, $300 million a flight, $75 million a seat (assuming 4 astronauts and ignoring the value of cargo transport).
So, does this cover any additional work required as a result of Russia suspending its activities as threatened and then acted upon by Rogozin?

She sold all her Palantir stock at the very bottom to buy some Tesla. I don't really call this a win.
I don’t have a crystal ball so hard to say. If Tesla rises faster and more than Palantir from here, then it doesn’t matter what happened last week. Her mistake may not have been selling Palantir for Tesla now, rather buying it when she did!

I don’t have a crystal ball so hard to say. If Tesla rises faster and more than Palantir from here, then it doesn’t matter what happened last week. Her mistake may not have been selling Palantir for Tesla now, rather buying it when she did!
Apparently she didn't either. She dollar cost averaged down from peaks and sold at the very bottom.

Cathie for whatever reason acts more and more like retail investors lately.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: JustMe and Paul_SF
Apparently she didn't either. She dollar cost averaged down from peaks and sold at the very bottom.

Cathie for whatever reason acts more and more like retail investors lately.
Let's also not forget that she did a ton of her selling back in the 700's/low 800's last year. So in reality, she sold TSLA too early to buy junk stocks, got crushed on those, and then bought back into TSLA.

So net-wise, she's down.

She did not execute well. She bought a bunch of junk that fell harder than TSLA.

Reactions: hoang51 and M|S|W
And she agreed those assets were in a bubble when she bought them. Like what the heck is she doing?! Buy the dip retailing is not exactly what a professional would do.
I've been pondering these questions for the last few days: was it her fault for buying those SPACs at ATH or was it her investors' fault for flowing into Ark at peak euphoria? Could she have held on to the inflow without buying stocks? Was she required by her bylaws to spend the money as soon as she got them?

Last edited:
I've been pondering these questions for the last few days: was it her fault for buying those SPACs at ATH or was it her investors' fault for flowing into Ark at peak euphoria? Could she have held on to the inflow without buying stocks? Was she required by her bylaws to spend the money as soon as she got them?
If she agreed they were in a bubble and must purchase with inflows then buy stocks and hedge with puts. You can't just buy the stock knowing the valuation is not justified without any downside protection.

Reactions: Drax7 and Skryll
1646114110624.png

Yes there is

TLDR: most recent Cybertruck spy shots with bed cover & on the track.