Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure how you could have missed them:

View attachment 791149

Clearly shows coolant tubes between the cells.

While it likely can be cooling tubes, you can't put cells from one parallel string to cells from another string as canister is negative terminal point of cell and you would create dead short if put them together without insulator
I guess that solves the mystery of who got the new MY Standard, and why it’s not available to order. Hopefully, we can place an order soon.

A popular pro money manager that is active on TWTR has advocated for some advertising. Hells Bells, that light show was the schizzle and all you need! Even just watching online was out of this world. The view of Austin with the linear purplish wavy light, the morphing of figures in and out of light patterns, the cowboy imagery in many ways, just powerful imagery creating impressions. Nothing specific, but hard driving, feel good, we are bad arse, texas sized, world class. EV save the planet message was not hit hard, who blames them in oil rich area. EM was soupy (Y'all) and entertaining. Franz on sight was good.

4680 in production and in cars is the game changer.

FSD wide release good news, not a walking back statement.

So is Austin actually delivering cars now? The cars delivered at the event were to employees (at least some of them), so wasn’t clear that it’s actually proper operation yet and/or the Austin variant has completed safety tests etc. Are Austin vehicles actually heading to customers…?
Yes. Just because they are delivering to employees first doesn’t mean they are not deliveries.

They wouldn’t even be able to deliver to employees if the safety tests hadn’t passed.

I got what I wanted out of it. More buzz, confirmed 4680s in cars, confirmed CT/semi for 2023, tentative production of bots, reiteration of "massive scaling", a floor on the volume of batteries from Austin, Robotaxi specific vehicle (likely used in Boring tunnels too, based on model 3/Y frame perhaps?)

Yeah, it was a great show with some good info, I was just hoping for more new information or surprises I guess. Like we now know there is a Model Y Standard of sorts but there still isn't any official news about it, and what are the specs or details on the "made in Austin" Model Y's which were delivered last night? I would have liked to know more on that.

Reactions: kbM3 and Nocturnal
Yeah, it was a great show with some good info, I was just hoping for more new information or surprises I guess. Like we now know there is a Model Y Standard of sorts but there still isn't any official news about it, and what are the specs or details on the "made in Austin" Model Y's which were delivered last night? I would have liked to know more on that.
That's the only bit that I was expecting, clarity on trim levels.

To me that suggests that they won't be offering new trims with 4680s, which is surprising.

Reactions: kbM3 and Mengy
If Abbott actually cared he could call a special session for them to come vote on it.

He's always been able to do that, and never done it (for this matter anyway- he's called them for other matters)

We know folks at the event sat in SR AWD Model Ys, which seem to be the 279 mile EPA range cars we knew existed (but I think a lot of folks expected to be RWD)- but nothing announced, and not listed at tesla.com on the Y configurator which is kind of odd.

That's fully ramped production for a full year. They're not going to make that many this year in Texas.

Or the moved them out of state, completed the sale paperwork, and moved them back to the factory for tonights deliveries.

The law's pretty clear on this- and Elon himself has admitted it's a problem until the legislature changes it.

The other big news from the Giga Texas Standard Range AWD Model Y was the induction front motor. I'm pretty sure that's a first for a Model 3/Y!

That's the only bit that I was expecting, clarity on trim levels.

To me that suggests that they won't be offering new trims with 4680s, which is surprising.

I'd agree except for the fact the pink wrapped dual motor Model Y on the factory floor stated it was a "Model Y Standard" in the UI inside the car, and it appeared to have a top range of about 270 miles or so. So some new version of the MY does appear to exist, at a minimum in prototype form.

My hunch is this new MY Standard will be the initial 4680 car, sold as a new version so it can easily be differentiated from the Fremont MY LR and MY P.

Reactions: Ogre and Nocturnal
umm doesnt that imply that wide release this year still means when safer than a human will be this year.
I thought they'd already published stats that showed autopilot being safer than humans a while back. I don't think they've reached the 10x safer metric that Musk has long said would be the tipping point (when no one would be able to deny that its safer, so therefore it will get wide public approval and regulatory approval), but I think they've already shown at least 2x safer.

My hunch is this new MY Standard will be the initial 4680 car, sold as a new version so it can easily be differentiated from the Fremont MY LR and MY P.
Yeah -- and I would guess tha that they're going to start with that previously not-built model, then move one version at a time over to Austin as they ramp the factory up... so that there will be no time when a particular variant is built at *both* factories. Then when they've got parity, that's when they'll shut down the Freemont Y lines for re-tooling with the new designs (front and rear, structural battery, 4680, etc). I suspect it'll take all year to go through that process.

Tesla shouldnt be executing anyone so this is a good thing.
They will outsource that to Lucid's new factory in Saudi Arabia.
I'd agree except for the fact the pink wrapped dual motor Model Y on the factory floor stated it was a "Model Y Standard" in the UI inside the car, and it appeared to have a top range of about 270 miles or so. So some new version of the MY does appear to exist, at a minimum in prototype form.

True. I forgot about that. But when will they announce that they are on sale? Seems like that would have been a good time.

Yeah -- and I would guess tha that they're going to start with that previously not-built model, then move one version at a time over to Austin as they ramp the factory up... so that there will be no time when a particular variant is built at *both* factories. Then when they've got parity, that's when they'll shut down the Freemont Y lines for re-tooling with the new designs (front and rear, structural battery, 4680, etc). I suspect it'll take all year to go through that process.

Yep. We'll likely see another MY line being built in Austin very shortly for the revised 4680 MYP and LR (Future Production area???), once up and running Freemont shuts down for re-tooling, and after that production kicks into overdrive! :D