Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some muppet sold shares for $975 this a.m. :p

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-04-25.10-10.png

Cheers to the Longs!

Some muppet sold shares for $975 this a.m. :p

View attachment 797259

Cheers to the Longs!
THIS Muppet's lowball buy order at $966 happened at 7:17 AM! Never hurts to leave a lowball, GTC buy order sitting around for just-in-case. Not that I'd make it a cornerstone of my investing strategy, but it's cute when those go through anyway, even if it was only for a few shares.

(Edit- I replaced the same order for 3x as many shares, greedy bugger that I am.)

MM realizing EM doesn't need to sell any Tesla shares

All Twitter BOTS and clowns that hate Elon will need to use his service or find another one.
How about twitterQ :)
The QQQ turned pretty positive(Tsla still lagging behind). As I said I think there was a bear trap set up last week after Netflix's miss. Put options went through the roof and people were still buying. This week we may just see some massive trap for those bears.

The details on the Saudi PIF funding confirm what many on this thread inferred. So in that respect, it's not news.

But it is interesting to note the shifting context. The funding for Musk's Twitter go-private is a list of everybody-but-Goldman. For the Tesla go-private, only a few were smart in looking toward future business. For example, Silver Lake. It appears that Goldman Sachs insists on a poisoned well -- maybe they think that they will always be able to be on the other side of the table to Musk, as with Twitter. Did Musk have a bad experience with Goldman in the Tesla go-private beyond the $200 million that it is demanding of Tesla?

Last edited:
Received paperwork late last week from JP Morgan regarding upcoming TSLA stock split. They detailed it as a 20 to 1 split based on “preliminary” information. Do not know if I missed the info on this thread, apologies if I did.

Passing it on as an FYI.

All the best!
😱 20-1?! My cost basis is going to be a few dimes. No way.

The details on the Saudi PIF funding confirm what many on this thread inferred. So in that respect, it's not news.

But it is interesting to note the shifting context. The funding for Musk's Twitter go-private is a list of everybody-but-Goldman. For the Tesla go-private, only a few were smart in looking toward future business. For example, Silver Lake. It appears that Goldman Sachs insists on a poisoned well -- maybe they think that they will always be able to be on the other side of the table to Musk, as with Twitter. Did Musk have a bad experience with Goldman in the Tesla go-private beyond the $200 million that it is demanding of Tesla?
Only in my most fevered fantasies do I imagine that it was my strident admonitions in this thread many years back against ever doing further business with Goldman that persuaded Tesla to part company with that despicable nest of scorpions. Presumably, Mr Musk & co not only have been intelligent enough to learn that themselves, but like me…on somewhat of a different scale…have the wherewithal to tell them to do something anatomically impossible…even for scorpions…to themselves.

I am interested in the corvette vs roadster comparisons. I think the hybrid is a quick way to get all wheel drive for the corvette and not lose the gas-guzzling, fire-breathing, noise-producing v8 that ALL Corvette owners expect...until GM discovers that secret hidden supply of batteries that must be somewhere....right? Keep looking Mary, I'm sure you'll find it...

To me the vette is one of the few places a hybrid makes any sense right now..... The corvette team managed some legit engineering wizardry with the traction and suspension setup on the C8, the only vehicle with an MSRP comparable to a P3D that offers a comparable 0-60 time.

But they're pretty much at the limits of what RWD can do there- so adding a smallish battery and electric motor to the front wheels is a lot better solution for being able to improve performance than trying to invent a new ICE AWD setup for that platform.

Obviously BEV would be better still- but they don't have the battery supply to do that (and would rather put the few they have in giant trucks that in theory do more for them emissions-penalty-wise than in a light corvette)

The roadster will obviously spank the he double hockey sticks out of anything that comes of this, but given the price difference- it should.

We're entering a fresh era for Tesla. 2015 we had a palpable moment where investment turned away for fossil fuels and acquiesced to renewables being the future. 2018 saw Tesla ramping Model 3 production.

5 days ago Tesla announced all the forces aligned against them have failed and they can no longer be stopped. No debt. Billions in earnings each quarter. Nobody seems to appreciate the gravity of this turn, but that's par for the course.

Expect Elon to say some seemingly outlandish things from here on out. We all hope these things will be positive and productive, but I'm ok with Elon being human and not nailing it on everything he has to say.
I agree, but obviously I’ll be hoping for fireworks, pot stirring and bus driving from Elon. 🤷🏻

Perhaps because the twitter BOD hired Goldman to advise them on how to fight the takeover?