Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The conclusion I've drawn from the last few months of market behavior is that it really doesn't matter what company you invest in. A company is a company. The financial quality of an individual company is irrelevant. Record results? Record profits? Industry-leading margins? Doesn't matter. If the chat app I use to send pics of my junk to my mistress isn't showing stellar results, then everyone's in trouble.

The conclusion I've drawn from the last few months of market behavior is that it really doesn't matter what company you invest in. A company is a company. The financial quality of an individual company is irrelevant. Record results? Record profits? Industry-leading margins? Doesn't matter. If the chat app I use to send pics of my junk to my mistress isn't showing stellar results, then everyone's in trouble.
Energy has been doing well

Reactions: larmor
If that's the case, would there have been any way for the PMI numbers to look good?

Numbers come in high -> fears of inflation = market goes down
Numbers come in low -> fears of recession = market goes down
Numbers come in as expected -> continued uncertainty in market, waiting for other reports that point either towards inflation or recession = market goes down

Bears are having their once a decade orgy…all you can do is stand aside, politely watch (if you’re into that kind of thing), and try to avoid being inadvertently sprayed.

Fear mode

Reactions: UltradoomY
There are panel gap people and then there's the rest of us.
I'm not really a panel gap person but my March 22 Model 3 had a trunk alignment issue that service could only mitigate to some degree because the trunk panel was a different width than where it met the C pillars. The latest Sandy Munro video had a Model Y with a very noticeable mismatch between the front fender and the A pillar, never should have left the factory like that.

Breitbart for anything is as trustworthy as Business Insider for anything Tesla or Musk related.

Unlike BI, they laid out their evidence in the article for all to see. It's actually pretty convincing.

Don't dismiss the source without actually reading the article.

Gates, back in the early Apple / Microsoft days was known to be a very dirty businessman. I would not put this past him one bit. Plus, on other sources, he pretty much brushed off the question when asked if he had an open short on TSLA.

Like the source or not, this one is likely passing the "sniff test".

The detached observer might ask, if Tesla isn’t fit for an ESG grouping of companies, then who is? The nondetached Musk just tweeted, “ESG is a scam. It has been weaponized by phony social justice warriors.” Musk has a lot going on right now, so we can excuse his critique’s lack of nuance.

But we run an ESG company, and we’re here to tell you that Musk has a point.
The problem with ESG disclosure as a tool—whether for investors or even society—is that it is way too blunt a frame. As it is currently conceived, ESG is at risk of becoming little more than a marketing slogan, destined to confuse, or be labeled “greenwashing.” The risk is that the whole ESG concept gets thrown down the drain before it gets the chance to grow up.

So, what should be done? Here are a few steps that might help to ensure ESG gets the time it needs to develop.

First, those three letters need to be unbundled.

At this point I've lumped ESG into the likes of "free range" and "organic" as buzz words used to try and justify higher cost to the end user. There's no real point behind it and it's only marketing.

Energy has been doing well
Or may be starlink satellites can transmit power. Launching thousands of satellites globally, which still costs alot of money, just so people can check snap, fb, youtube and then advertisers make money does not sound like a great revenue stream. Distributed energy would be my guess at what is really going on, after all, there are a few sq miles of solar cells which can power a whole country but the distribution is a problem.

Unlike BI, they laid out their evidence in the article for all to see. It's actually pretty convincing.

Don't dismiss the source without actually reading the article.

Gates, back in the early Apple / Microsoft days was known to be a very dirty businessman. I would not put this past him one bit. Plus, on other sources, he pretty much brushed off the question when asked if he had an open short on TSLA.

Like the source or not, this one is likely passing the "sniff test".
Really? You read the article and you think its 'convincing'? The 'anti Musk' groups include black lives matter types groups, pro choice groups and pro net neutrality groups. How are they 'anti-Musk'?? In fact the vast majority of them are not anti-Musk. This makes the title wrong and of course fitting the QANON type narrative that Brietbart wants to portray.

The article lists groups but makes NO statement about how they could possibly be anti-Musk.

I would go one step further, some of the groups that Gates donated to are against the purchase of Twitter, and at the $54 level and the current market state, I am with them. That would in fact make the groups PRO TSLA because of the huge overhang the Twitter purchase is causing on TSLA and Elon's time.

Last edited:
There must be a point where the shorts realize they can't drive things any lower and try to force the pendulum in the other direction. Eventually the easy money will be going long. The big question is when "eventually" is.
Indeed. The question is when big money will whip out their calculators.

If the current P/E ratio (TTM) of 85 were to stay constant until year end, SP would be around $1088. (Assuming base case 2022 earnings of the Q1 EPS of $3.2 multiplied by four quarters)

= a 70% increase in the SP

Huge opportunity for those buying or holding.