Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not entirely accurate.

Tons of non-management folks are also salaried... most relevant to advancing Tesla products would be a large % of IT staff, programmers, sysadmins, R&D folks, AI folks, etc... Those are generally relatively high paying salaried jobs without being management jobs.

One can certainly believe the management portion of salaried is who Elon is targeting here, but it's inaccurate to portray the divide quite as you did.

Sure, it was an oversimplification, but not that much so. I basically didn't list out all the salaried positions like you did, but the MAIN POINT was that production (i.e. line workers) are the main hourly group, and they are not affected by this.

Respectively I think, ‘That could have been said in 90% fewer words and where’s the pizza graph. 🤷🏻
Grumpy cats are so hard to please

0F260541-0E94-4512-8331-13F82B83D00A.jpeg

Not sure it is all that 'obvious'. IMO, GM & Ford are too big to fail. No way this Admin lets the US-based and heavily unionized GM or Ford crater. Tesla just needs a lot of cash to ride out the upcoming storm.
With Elon's recent announcement of job cuts (which save cash), anyone want to change their 'thumbs down' response to my post from last week?

The 10% reduction doesn't make sense to me. Tesla has tons of cash, so they can easily withstand any economic headwinds. Only reasons I can think of to reduce staff is because they think their costs are too high so margins are being threatened, or they grew too quickly and realized they didn't need as many people as they thought. I don't suspect a demand issue because they aren't cutting back at the factories.
Or they are bloated and work from home induced a 10% efficiency drop which is now being rectified. Or combination of the two. Unneeded expense is never good business.

"The longer you wait to fire someone, the longer it has been since you should have fired them." -Elon

Recruiters are having a good week poaching Tesla staff.

Generally, in cuts like these, you want the bad people to leave, but in reality it's the good people that leave.
In most of corporate America yes, but at Tesla "the best" are mission aligned. They're not leaving for a 20% bump and a relocation to a cheaper zipcode just so they can work for a plodding "competitor".

I mean, try to think of a real world situation at Tesla where what you describe comes to pass. What AI programmer is leaving Tesla because of an email? Where are they going?

People hiring into Tesla are aware (or at least should have been) of the level of output expected; therefore, there cannot be any "taking advantage".
Also, the US salaried types usually do not have rigidly defined contracts, it's just at-will employment/ unemployment.
So Tesla is getting rid of underachievers. That should be good news instead of bad news right?

The "TESLA" logo written out in solar panels is beautiful, but it does seem like a huge waste of space. They could cram way more panels on the roof without it. Add some megapacks and Giga Texas is it's own utility.
That factory is blatantly visible from the Austin airport flight path.

“We dont advertise” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣