Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit, I'm personally back in the black on my TSLA holdings! Woo. *don't worry, I just knocked on wood
I think this report is taking a little longer because they used this very counter to tally the produced cars. It rolled over, and now everyone's scratching their heads trying to figure out what to do :p
1.0x0.jpg
Don't give the fuddy fudsters more ammo. "Tesla sells zero cars worldwide!"

• Funny
Reactions: Fact Checking
Indeed, and if we're generalizing from single samples I'd like to add that when I stopped by the Plano Service Center to deal with a problem on my last road trip the staff was courteous and helpful.
This has always been my experience with Tesla service.

Start to feel bad for the retail shorts who piled in @260(if there really were any).
A few more rounds of this, TSLAQ will run out of fools to convince on Twitter, or maybe it already run out.

oh, there were. short interest always spikes when the price is low. they are hilariously good at finding the bottom and shorting it like crazy.

Why the stock is up 3% I don't know but anything to make the shorts more butthurt is okay w/ me.

Somewhat matches macros, but I can't believe this is macro driven. Nor driven by the self-driving news. At least not these things alone. I can only suspect that there's an institutional investor who's run the European numbers and decided, "worst-case deliveries scenarios are out the window". And has started a slow buy.

It would explain why we didn't see this effect in the premarket.

The price must be the lowest in Europe minus the 2000 to participate in the incentive program where the government will give another 2000 Euros. So they can't just raise the price beforehand if they don't want to raise the price in all of Europe.

I think SR and SR+ will not be included in BAFA by Tesla. So it will be only for M3P and LR so no problem there. P and LR have enough margin.

I don't know if I would be so sure of that. Might be unassisted with occupant in driver's seat.

My reasoning follows that without that shoe dropping, I don't think there would be an event. Why would you call an event if all you could show was PCB that did not operate as well as the present board (due to the SW).

It might not be complete but even a partial but significant route would open some eyes.

Imagine that you are UBER and about to float an IPO and then TSLA calls this event, how does that effect the IPO plans? Would investors hedge their UBER dollars with a few TSLA dollars. If Q1 makes it 3 quarters in the black and the SEC trial is over (results understood), it makes it easier to jump into the TSLA pool with a toe in the water anticipating S&P listing etc.

Things to consider it seems.

Elon recently said that FSD would be 'feature complete' by December. They're not there yet, and they're NOT going to demostrate any pre-alpha software to Investors <smdh>

In all likelihood, Apr 19 will be advanced summon, self-parking, stoplight recognition, and a prospectus on future plans for FSD. Hopefully with some good communications to package the narrative for the ever-doubtful financial media.

Last edited:
With the short trade in TSLA being so crowded, and given the potentially positive news from upcoming events, I wouldn't be surprised if another short with a sizable position is beginning to blink. JMO.

Yeah, we're setting up another Q3-ER-style scenario here. "Non-doom-and-gloom" deliveries and a "non-catastrophic" SEC ruling should be all that it takes. Actually strong deliveries, and Elon outright winning against the SEC, should be a through-the-roof scenario.

Most shorts will be blind to this until it's too late.

Considering almost no P3D owners have our damn spoilers yet, the pessimist in me wonders if the HW3 upgrade won't wind up taking 5 years to roll out.
Somewhat matches macros, but I can't believe this is macro driven. Nor driven by the self-driving news. At least not these things alone. I can only suspect that there's an institutional investor who's run the European numbers and decided, "worst-case deliveries scenarios are out the window". And has started a slow buy.

It would explain why we didn't see this effect in the premarket.
Even Cramer is saying that it's probably a good time to buy Tsla.
Cramer: Charts show why Tesla's stock could be set to rebound

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler and ggr
not that i'm complaining, but this price action makes absolutely no sense.

i mean, don't get me wrong -- i believe the stock is still absurdly undervalued, but i have no reason to believe Wall Street would have realized that this morning for no particular reason. i'm certainly not buying that it's due to an announcement about a demo, and macros are basically flat.

Somebody knows something. Based on this I expect the P&D to drop after market close today. Not an advice.

BTW., why doesn't Tesla release deliveries and production numbers together with Q1 financials?

The P&D report was only used to create FUD before, it's not like it's helping Tesla investors. No other consumer electronics firm is releasing such figures.

So why release it at all?

Auto makers historically released monthly sales figures. I'm not sure of the genesis, perhaps because auto sales were seen as a bell weather for the economy ("What is good for the country is good for General Motors—and vice versa" quote traces to the Eisenhower Administration); perhaps it made sense because of the seasonal nature of auto sales, in the same way that housing starts are important to the economy but also are seasonal and somewhat weather related, so monthly figures are more helpful than quarterly.

GM broke ranks a year or two ago and stopped reporting monthly sales, but most still do.

Just a guess.

Elon recently said that FSD would be 'feature complete' by December. They're not there yet, and they're NOT going to demostrate any pre-alpha software to Investors <smdh>

In all likelihood, Apr 19 will be advanced summon, self-parking, stoplight recognition, and a prospectus on future plans for FSD. Hopefully with some good communications to package the narrative for the ever-doubtful financial media.

I expect stoplights, stop signs, etc... but with a Waymo-style cheat (e.g. in a sandbox that they've trained to and run a thousand times - along with a safety driver. E.g., no surprises).