Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The March numbers for Germany are disappointing, but note that Tesla gets 2000 Euros less per car in Germany - the German EV incentive forces every manufacturer to reduce the price by 2000 Euros per car. (The total incentive is 4000 Euros, 50% from the government and 50% from the manufacturer.) Considering this, Tesla should ship as many Model 3s to other European countries as possible.

While you are quoting the German incentives correctly, I don't think one can draw such a simple conclusion from those numbers.

Tesla has set the price of the Model 3 differently in each of the European country, very likely after having looked at both incentives and what people can be expected to be willing and able to pay.

Tesla's prices are already taking the relevant incentives into account (with the disclaimer that Tesla is not able to guarantee that a given buyer will actually get a given incentive).

i'd only give them half a check for SR intro since they still have not introduced the model that they proposed 3 years ago. They have a "plus" version of it available now. I suspect they are not very far away from its release. Also it really was not "on time". If they can hit the target dates on the China gigafactory we should see some real fireworks in the share price. so far, the progress has been amazing.

criticism from one side for not releasing it on time, criticism from the other for releasing it early. Crazy how many angles people find to be critical of the company's moves no matter what they do.

TIL today thanks to Seeking Derpa.

Did you know that Audi and Jaguar have a lead over Tesla in the EV luxury segment?

Adding insult to injury for Tesla is that Audi and Jaguar are extending their lead over Tesla Model X and S in the EV luxury segment.

Tesla And Norway: We Hardly Knew Ya! - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

I don't trust anyone that thinks they look good in a bowtie. He is an angry Andy Richter.

I’m pretty sure delivery numbers will be out later today. My guess: 4:01pm ET.
Not 20 minutes after 4?

My guess this is all AP demo related. Tesla has really been thought of as blowing smoke up the FSD booty because the only demo was a pre-recorded video...but a live demo is on another level.

Also, Trump pulling back from his threat to close the Mexican border (after hours) last night, after doubling down on the threat earlier in the day (during trading hours -- try to keep up). may have something to do with it. Plus, good news on US-China trade talks helps.

See how easy it is to predict market moves with the clarity of hindsight?

While you are quoting the German incentives correctly, I don't think one can draw such a simple conclusion from those numbers.

Tesla has set the price of the Model 3 differently in each of the European country, very likely after having looked at both incentives and what people can be expected to be willing and able to pay.

Tesla's prices are already taking the relevant incentives into account (with the disclaimer that Tesla is not able to guarantee that a given buyer will actually get a given incentive).
The price must be the lowest in Europe minus the 2000 to participate in the incentive program where the government will give another 2000 Euros. So they can't just raise the price beforehand if they don't want to raise the price in all of Europe.

@KarenRei
based upon the Iain M banks logrhythmic scale of sentience, where are you (roughly) since you have internet access we have to assume you have excaped or were released voluntarily.

ai_box_experiment.png

The problem is that the people in the Galleries and Stores are doing this as a job, and really can't be expected to know nearly as much as people who are in the forum, drive Teslas, and have studied about the car and electric vehicles in general for months or years.
Indeed, and if we're generalizing from single samples I'd like to add that when I stopped by the Plano Service Center to deal with a problem on my last road trip the staff was courteous and helpful.

My guess this is all AP demo related. Tesla has really been thought of as blowing smoke up the FSD booty because the only demo was a pre-recorded video...but a live demo is on another level.

That a positive for sure, plus now that numbers are in for Germany, it's becoming clear that 'demand' was never an issue, and deliveries are going to be a large 'beat'.

Bare that, bears... :p

Cheers!

Not a chance.

I don't know if I would be so sure of that. Might be unassisted with occupant in driver's seat.

My reasoning follows that without that shoe dropping, I don't think there would be an event. Why would you call an event if all you could show was PCB that did not operate as well as the present board (due to the SW).

It might not be complete but even a partial but significant route would open some eyes.

Imagine that you are UBER and about to float an IPO and then TSLA calls this event, how does that effect the IPO plans? Would investors hedge their UBER dollars with a few TSLA dollars. If Q1 makes it 3 quarters in the black and the SEC trial is over (results understood), it makes it easier to jump into the TSLA pool with a toe in the water anticipating S&P listing etc.

Things to consider it seems.

How about this 7-lane roundabout in Swindon:

5 mini-roundabouts in an orbit around a big roundabout.

It's like a multiple-vortex EF5 tornado. :D
Having survived this/these roundabout(s) numerous times I do consider it/them to be one of the more difficult autonomy tasks around. That said, it/they is/are much easier than they appear to be from an aerial view. One should not attempt it if impaired in any way. If you are tempted to be in that part of Swindon on a Friday late afternoon I suggest rethinking your priorities. Doing so has not been my wisest move. Of course I have never done it in a Tesla.

TIL today thanks to Seeking Derpa.

Did you know that Audi and Jaguar have a lead over Tesla in the EV luxury segment?

Adding insult to injury for Tesla is that Audi and Jaguar are extending their lead over Tesla Model X and S in the EV luxury segment.

Tesla And Norway: We Hardly Knew Ya! - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

I don't trust anyone that thinks they look good in a bowtie. He is an angry Andy Richter.

Anton is a funny guy.

- 'Cramming in three years worth of backlog into barely one month of sales, was just that: A unique phenomenon'
- 'Audi and Jaguar are extending their lead over Tesla Model X and S in the EV luxury segment.'

So if Tesla releases pent-up demand (Model 3) it's a huge problem for Tesla, and if Audi releases pent-up demand (E-Tron) it's a huge problem for Tesla.

:confused:

i'd only give them half a check for SR intro since they still have not introduced the model that they proposed 3 years ago. They have a "plus" version of it available now. I suspect they are not very far away from its release. Also it really was not "on time". If they can hit the target dates on the China gigafactory we should see some real fireworks in the share price. so far, the progress has been amazing.
Lol, the 'introduction' of the SR happened on time. Rampup always takes some time, this has never varied with any Tesla product. When would you say the Model X was intro'd?

Elon himself said the SR would not enter full production until Q2, and that's part of the planned rollout. Executing well.

"Hot steel, on time, on target."

Cheers!

Reactions: humbaba and X Fan
not that i'm complaining, but this price action makes absolutely no sense.

i mean, don't get me wrong -- i believe the stock is still absurdly undervalued, but i have no reason to believe Wall Street would have realized that this morning for no particular reason. i'm certainly not buying that it's due to an announcement about a demo, and macros are basically flat.