Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, was hoping we'd finish over 900... oh well, the week is young (as I once was).

So I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but if the 3-1 stock split is approved Thursday as expected, how long do we anticipate before it's implemented?

Thanks and have a great week!
No one knows for certain, but I would bet TSLA shares it will be effective by August 31. That’s the end of the 6 month window for the ESPP (employee stock purchase plan), and it will be a positive for employees if the stock split is effective by then.

Its OK with me if TSLA doesnt do much or even goes down next couple days until we get the $ from the sale of our 2015 Model S so we can buy more. So lets hold off until late this week.

OK everyone?
I had 100 shares called away from me for a mis-timed covered call. So I would be grateful for an opportunity to buy them back for cheaper (he says as he ducks for cover).

I've noticed Tesla is being much more vocal about getting shareholders to vote than I've seen in the past. Also aware of the GME situation where some stockholders still don't have their shares after the July 18th split. Tesla also opened up the method for shareholders to declare and, optionally confirm, how many shares they own.

So I'm wondering if Tesla is trying to expose shenanigans going on with shares before / during / and after the upcoming split.

On YouTube Munro Live : Ford Interview | CEO Jim Farley, Chief Engineer Linda Zhang, and Chief EV Officer Doug Field

Ford CEO factually acknowledges Tesla's leadership, and praise Munro for helping the industry early on understand what is really happening in the automobile industry. He and the Ford execs answer Munro's pointed questions honestly. Respect.

Last edited:
I watched this earlier (hard to work still). It sounds so staged. But pay attention to Cory's face when their Chief Engineer claims that their Lightning "can do everything the F150 can do. It can Tow the same... that's why we had it pull the train." At that moment, Cory's eyes look down as if he sold out. The head was high just before it. Body language is all over this video in fact. (Edited names)

And the Supercharger question from Monroe "Have you thought about your own network" and the guy next to him is all tense, chin tucked in and says "We think of everything." Be prepared for a dance and a lot of nothing about a Frunk.

Last edited:
I've noticed Tesla is being much more vocal about getting shareholders to vote than I've seen in the past. Also aware of the GME situation where some stockholders still don't have their shares after the July 18th split. Tesla also opened up the method for shareholders to declare and, optionally confirm, how many shares they own.

So I'm wondering if Tesla is trying to expose shenanigans going on with shares before / during / and after the upcoming split.
They have had issues in the past when insufficient numbers of shares were voted which prevented proposals from being enacted, even though they had sufficient yes votes (even accounting for sufficient total votes).

The new shareholder sign up thing only pings you for one account/ brokerage, so as a share survey, it's a bit lacking.

On YouTube Munro Live : Ford Interview | CEO Jim Farley, Chief Engineer Linda Zhang, and Chief EV Officer Doug Field

Ford CEO factually acknowledges Tesla's leadership, and praise Munro for helping the industry early on understand what is really happening in the automobile industry. He and the Ford execs answer Munro's pointed questions honestly. Respect.

Didn't see your comments earlier. What tipped me on the staging was when Monroe actually said "Well actually, we haven't talked about this question..." then went right into the Super Chargers. Everything else seemed prearranged. No?

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre
No one knows for certain, but I would bet TSLA shares it will be effective by August 31. That’s the end of the 6 month window for the ESPP (employee stock purchase plan), and it will be a positive for employees if the stock split is effective by then.
Thanks mate! When I get off my ass and do a little research, I see that last time on the 5-1 split, the BOD authorized the split on Tuesday August 11, 2020 and the split occurred on Friday August 28 and began trading on the adjusted basis the following Monday August 31, 2020.

So pretty sure this split will happen either Friday August 19 effective the following Monday or Friday the 26th effective the following Monday.

Last time shares gained 80% over the roughly three weeks from just before the split announcement until the split became effective... wouldn't that be nice this time! Although I doubt it, guess we'll find out soon enough!

Since we can't make enough EVs this year or next year, IMHO, throwing a little money to decent hybrids is not a prima facia waste as has been stated here. Devil in the details and all, but God is also in the details ;)

Did I miss the part of the bill that limited the federal subsidies to "decent hybrids"? Also, I think I missed the part that limited hybrid subsidies to only "a little money". I was under the impression it would add up to many billions spent subsidizing hybrids mostly powered by gasoline.

Didn't see your comments earlier. What tipped me on the staging was when Monroe actually said "Well actually, we haven't talked about this question..." then went right into the Super Chargers. Everything else seemed prearranged. No?

Heh, sure Ford isn't a real challenge for Tesla now, but they are taking the challenge seriously - also what I found remarkable is that they are aware of it, admit what the challenges are, and were willing to do this interview with Munro. They aren't announcing flamboyant non sense plans like GM et al. For example on the subject of charging, they figured out a good way in - developing charging stations for commercial outfits, including financing. And clearly avoiding the consumer charging issue.

The interview is rather long, you can get a short opinion/ review from our well regarded Rob Maurer's video

tsla-munro-maurer-jpg.835536

Attachments

• TSLA.Munro.Maurer.jpg
    TSLA.Munro.Maurer.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Can someone point me to where I register my shares btw? Anyone can just PM me, I just haven’t had the time to do it yet

Thanks mate! When I get off my ass and do a little research, I see that last time on the 5-1 split, the BOD authorized the split on Tuesday August 11, 2020 and the split occurred on Friday August 28 and began trading on the adjusted basis the following Monday August 31, 2020.

So pretty sure this split will happen either Friday August 19 effective the following Monday or Friday the 26th effective the following Monday.

Last time shares gained 80% over the roughly three weeks from just before the split announcement until the split became effective... wouldn't that be nice this time! Although I doubt it, guess we'll find out soon enough!
<wishful thinking>After the share increase authorization, there will be enough for a 5-1 split, if they want. They could argue that the price has run up so much, the larger split makes more sense.</>

Reactions: wipster and Ogre
Can someone point me to where I register my shares btw? Anyone can just PM me, I just haven’t had the time to do it yet
Instructions are for GME, but it’s the same process for TSLA:

To register your shares and vote for the shareholder's meeting resolutions ( TL;DR vote FOR with the board, first 6 propositions, ignore or vote AGAINST for the rest).

Either check out specific instructions for your broker (in many cases you'll need to go look for an email from your broker about this)

OR you can also ask your broker via chat/ email/ phone what your control number is for proxy voting (it's a 15 digit long number) then enter that at ProxyVote – Sign In

Instructions are for GME, but it’s the same process for TSLA:

Not sure I see how to use this for Tesla

Last edited:
To register your shares and vote for the shareholder's meeting resolutions ( TL;DR vote FOR with the board, first 6 propositions, ignore or vote AGAINST for the rest).

Either check out specific instructions for your broker

OR you can also ask your broker via chat/ email/ phone what your control number is for proxy voting (it's a 15 digit long number) then enter that at ProxyVote – Sign In

Not sure I see how to use this for Tesla

correct, registering your proxy vote for the shareholder meeting is one thing (shares stay in your brokerage account)

direct registering your shares in your name is another (shares are removed from brokerage account and directly registered in your name with the issuer’s agent) and is NOT needed to vote in the annual meeting

two different things

Last edited:

can you point me to any credible source where GME shareholders haven’t received split shares yet (you can DM me as not to cause an off topic galore - just curious is all, thanks)