Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a fundamental difference between a moving object and a "completely" stationary object. They know that FSD won't hit a moving object and that there are situations where FSD could hit a stationary object.........and they're clearing taking advantage of this.
Damn you can be a Debbie Downer sometimes StarFox...

/s

• Funny
Reactions: wtlloyd
Guaranteed they ran that test 50 times with slightly different colorations, configs, etc....until they got the Tesla to hit the mannequin.
Also someone pointed out that perhaps FSD or AP was not even turned on for this test.

1660077751627.png

Damn you can be a Debbie Downer sometimes StarFox...

/s
? I was agreeing with that post.

A child, well pretty much any person or real animal, will have velocty/movement to it. Even if it comes to a standstill, FSD has already registered the movement it was making before it came to that standstill and correctly assigned it.

Verses this test where they put a completely stationary object (doesn't matter if it's a object that resembles a child/human/animal) in the path.

There was a similar test done by January 7, 2022 by a Taylor Ogan reported on Twitter and CarBuzz comparing a Model 3 and a Lexus using Lidar... seemed like a set up then, probably the same now.

Yeah, I have 0% trust that this "test" is even remotely authentic. No oversight by an independent agency. This O'Dowd clown could have easily just paid some kid to run down the mannequin. Let's see them replicate this test with supervision from the NHTSA, etc.

Second days in a row with way below average volumes for the big techs, some of them below 50% (e.g. AMZN 37M vs 80M)!

QQQ 38M vs 65M
GOOG 14M vs 30M
AAPL 65M vs 80M
META 17M vs 30M
TSLA 28M vs 31M

TSLA was at average volume. If TSLA had traded at the other's volume averages the past two days approximately 30 million fewer TSLA shares would traded hands.
Minor nitpick... isn't Apple's average more around 70m?

What that really tells me is big money doesn't want to be holding the bag if tomorrow's numbers come back poorly. Not really selling into it, but not buying either.

Reactions: wombat9
? I was agreeing with that post.

A child, well pretty much any person or real animal, will have velocty/movement to it. Even if it comes to a standstill, FSD has already registered the movement it was making before it came to that standstill and correctly assigned it.

Verses this test where they put a completely stationary object (doesn't matter if it's a object that resembles a child/human/animal) in the path.
Sorry mate, read it wrong. At least I said my response was sarcastic...

Interesting info from Rob Maurer...

From July 1 through July 15, the Model Y line at Giga Shanghai was being upgraded. That leaves July 16 through July 31 for the entire monthly production of 27,458 Model Y. Over those 16 calendar days, Tesla averaged daily production of 1,716 Model Y vehicles, or just over 12,000 per week - a new record production rate for the Model Y in Shanghai.

Restarting production after implementing upgrades likely involves some inefficiencies, so Tesla should be able to continue to push that production rate higher in the coming months. The current rate would already yield production of more than 50,000 Model Y vehicles per month from Giga Shanghai.

With the Model 3 production upgrade now complete, Tesla should be set up in August to eclipse June's record production of 70,928 vehicles

Interesting info from Rob Maurer...

From July 1 through July 15, the Model Y line at Giga Shanghai was being upgraded. That leaves July 16 through July 31 for the entire monthly production of 27,458 Model Y. Over those 16 calendar days, Tesla averaged daily production of 1,716 Model Y vehicles, or just over 12,000 per week - a new record production rate for the Model Y in Shanghai.

Restarting production after implementing upgrades likely involves some inefficiencies, so Tesla should be able to continue to push that production rate higher in the coming months. The current rate would already yield production of more than 50,000 Model Y vehicles per month from Giga Shanghai.

With the Model 3 production upgrade now complete, Tesla should be set up in August to eclipse June's record production of 70,928 vehicles

I hadn't seen the production numbers yet for July........39k........I'm very happy with that :)

Means very big things for Aug and Sept in that Shanghai didn't need some long runway from restarting production after the upgrades to hit the new production levels. I believe most of the Q3 estimates that I've seen that are around 365-370k deliveries are all predicated on the notion that Shanghai is going to need a couple of months to reach the new production levels. Seems like that won't be the case.

Another person points out the warning message. That's gotta be "AP not available" or "AP won't brake if your foot is on the pedal".
View attachment 838779
Oh good, they did press on the accelerator. So they didn't spend longer than 5 mins trying to get a Tesla to hit a cardboard kid. I got worried they were trying to do some kind of legit testing.

Moving the goalposts here. Maybe just because you are used to working at top tech companies you think everyone does. Again, 90% of the tech world does not work at these companies. You know the first five companies you listed turn away fifty applicants to one job. The income limit is basically irreverent to Tesla. Nobody gets a tax credit now... and Jan 1'st, 90% of people will. Those 10% who are above the income limit, don't need the credit and it is not a major factor for them in deciding car purchases.
MODERATOR:
This barely topical subdiscussion was
moderately annoying at first. That a subset refuses to cede the Final Word means - no surprise - that I get it: NO MORE.

Article about Tesla's FSD hitting a child came out a hour ago and argo went nuts on selling

...oh wait it's a child mannequin
...oh wait it's by the same people doing commercials trying to get FSD banned.

Another person points out the warning message. That's gotta be "AP not available" or "AP won't brake if your foot is on the pedal".
View attachment 838779

So if they did not let the FSD drive but claimed it did - that would be a clear cut case of fraud.

IANAL. And the laws of US differ from my country. But still.

Sigh.....now I really hope Tesla goes after this guy. Sue him into insolvency.
I'd love to see that too.

But if Tesla sued then this Dan O'Dowd character would be entitled to discovery. Then he can explore every nook and cranny of Tesla's FSD program and find more ammunition for more FUD.

I figure Tesla will probably just ignore it. Let FSD success speak for itself.

Oh good, they did press on the accelerator. So they didn't spend longer than 5 mins trying to get a Tesla to hit a cardboard kid. I got worried they were trying to do some kind of legit testing.
They had their driver sign an affidavit that they did not use the accelerator: Art Haynie Affidavit.pdf

Of course it seems to me like they perjured themselves:

1660080620189.png

They weren't using it as instructed if their hands weren't on the wheel.

And from one of the videos, it shows that it was complaining at them for not paying attention before it hit the dummy.

1660080707784.png

From the "raw" footage: Frame.io