Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey - Last year, I sold some of my TSLA stock and bought a motorcycle. Did I think the motorcycle was a better investment than TSLA shares? No I didn't; but I wanted that motorcycle. Live Life! What did I do to earn that motorcycle . . .I sat on my ass and invested in Tesla and let Elon and others do the heavy lifting.

Elon wants Twitter. He's earned it Go get it. Live Life!
Please lets not even try to pretend that an individual selling shares is the same as the CEO of the company selling shares.

I just learned Elon sold more TSLA shares.
I just learned today in the middle of my clinic from the oncologist calling on my cellphone that my 48 year old brother had terminal metastatic stage IV rectal cancer and he got admitted to the ICU today for terminal kidney failure due to cholangitis from liver metastasis and just watched him pass away at 9PM tonight. I was supporting him for the last 3 months through his cycles of chemo and radiation therapy, he had no metastatic and everything failed, they supposedly never saw an aggressive cancer like this, ever.
All this while I have been on call 24/7 for the 25th consecutive straight day on a total of 28 while one of my patient passed away during his hemodialysis treatment after his shoulder surgery.
The CPI numbers better be frigging good because everything is turning into a big pile of steaming crap lately.

Next time you think you are having a bad day, please get in line for the silver medal on the podium of the worst day ever.
Condolences to you and your family.

He does love to sell when the SP looks like it is about to run away. Can’t say I am surprised. Many people here saw the action and suspected.

How else do you kill a rally after a subsidy bill basically written for the company (certainly in contrast to the other players) passes and a three for one stock split is on the horizon?

Damn we would have been at 1000 easy.

Love ya Elon! Make sure this money does not go to waste with your TWTR adventure!

Come on, give us a kiss tomorrow and say you have enough money… for now 😂

You mean the bill that has only passed the Senate but is still waiting for the House to vote? Kind of misleading to just call it "passed" without mentioning it's still pending or in progress.

I just learned today in the middle of my clinic from the oncologist calling on my cellphone that my 48 year old brother had terminal metastatic stage IV rectal cancer and he got admitted to the ICU today for terminal kidney failure due to cholangitis from liver metastasis and just watched him pass away at 9PM tonight. I was supporting him for the last 3 months through his cycles of chemo and radiation therapy, he had no metastatic and everything failed, they supposedly never saw an aggressive cancer like this, ever.
All this while I have been on call 24/7 for the 25th consecutive straight day on a total of 28 while one of my patient passed away during his hemodialysis treatment after his shoulder surgery.
The CPI numbers better be frigging good because everything is turning into a big pile of steaming crap lately.

Next time you think you are having a bad day, please get in line for the silver medal on the podium of the worst day ever.
So very sorry to hear about your brother Ortho. My prayers and condolences to you and your family. Thank you for the perspective.

You mean the bill that has only passed the Senate but is still waiting for the House to vote? Kind of misleading to just call it "passed" without mentioning it's still pending or in progress.
Seriously, it has passed. The house will not vote it down. It will be signed by Biden.

I will post pics of me eating my Model X hat if it doesn’t become law.

But thanks for the call out.

I'm so sorry to hear that OrthoSurg. My heart goes out to you and your family 😥

Hey - Last year, I sold some of my TSLA stock and bought a motorcycle. Did I think the motorcycle was a better investment than TSLA shares? No I didn't; but I wanted that motorcycle. Live Life! What did I do to earn that motorcycle . . .I sat on my ass and invested in Tesla and let Elon and others do the heavy lifting.

The important question is: what kind of motorcycle was it? :cool:

Tesla could sue and likely win something against ol Dan. But PR here would likely be a more effective move. Point out the issues in the video that could be edited and fakes.... and then show a test run doing the same with simultaneous views where FSD is successful. Post on YouTube, have Elon promote it, and let the 'cult' (I say this as an endearing term to all of us 😂 )push it. Barely any cost, no discovery, and publicly shame Dan O'Dowd.

Better yet, have some existing FSD Youtuber do it.

On the surface the anger and upset over this turn of events seems warranted in the same way that the whole taking private and funding secured anger seemed warranted, until in hindsight, when all the information came to light, it wasn’t and all the jumping to conclusions made certain people look like spoiled children.

So for now I’ll do what I always do and not take it personal, and wait until all the facts reveal themselves down the road, at which point I’m confident all that gets revealed will show that he did it the best way possible.

Just a thought:

As social media has played out this year with Facebook and Twitter pretty much stalling or, quite honestly, getting worse...

...is Elon Musk saving Twitter all for his singular account that reaches 102.5M people now to help propel Tesla and his companies?

Methinks he is aiming higher than this.

So sorry to hear about your loss.
My deepest condolences.

3B33A9F2-CEE1-4674-8430-E8B64E4BAB6E.jpeg

Elon is done selling (again)

Silly hoomans, gnashing of teeth drooling, pulling hair wringing hands...
First Elon thought he could get the stock lower than he did so he told all of you to buy the dip. That was his only mistake. He thought the dip was going to be deeper.
And he Boguht the day after the shareholders meeting because the MM's were ripe to support the closing Maxpain number LAST week, and he'd get to screw em again this week... The passing of the EV bill was perhaps his second flaw in his plan...he made more money than he thought he would on less stock....
And now the Shorts and whatever else are still going to get screwed when it comes to do the stock split for realz.
-The Ant