Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just learned Elon sold more TSLA shares.
I just learned today in the middle of my clinic from the oncologist calling on my cellphone that my 48 year old brother had terminal metastatic stage IV rectal cancer and he got admitted to the ICU today for terminal kidney failure due to cholangitis from liver metastasis and just watched him pass away at 9PM tonight. I was supporting him for the last 3 months through his cycles of chemo and radiation therapy, he had no metastatic and everything failed, they supposedly never saw an aggressive cancer like this, ever.
All this while I have been on call 24/7 for the 25th consecutive straight day on a total of 28 while one of my patient passed away during his hemodialysis treatment after his shoulder surgery.
The CPI numbers better be frigging good because everything is turning into a big pile of steaming crap lately.

Next time you think you are having a bad day, please get in line for the silver medal on the podium of the worst day ever.
So sorry for your losses, OrthoSurg. They make my recent hip surgery seem trivial. May the rest of the year be far kinder to you.

A Triumph Bonneville T120 to go with my Moto Guzzi V7 :)

I also used TSLA gains to buy a Model Y last year and a Model X that arrives in 3 weeks.

Congrats on the new ride.

Just pulled my Tiger 800XC out of the garage today to rinse the dust off and see if it still starts. It did!

It was bought in 2013, long before I had learned about Tesla, though I did buy a Specialized Turbo Levo e-mtb on margin against my shares late last year.

Happy trails!

I feel so much better now because I could not figure why the stock wasn't zooming....
Beginning on Friday and again this week, I suspected that Elon possibly selling was a reason for the share price walk-downs. We saw similar patterns in his previous sales. Now that he's done, the release of that pressure should provide encouragement to potential TSLA buyers.

Last edited:
I feel so much better now because I could not figure why the stock wasn't zooming....
Me as well. It basically felt like MM's were naked shorting at their ballsiest level to date. I couldn't figure out how they could possibly get away with that considering the split is around the corner.

All makes now thankfully, and there's about a 20-40 chance all these billions go back into some form of float squeeze. Whether that be Elon buying back shares or getting wild with an X.com plan.

X.com would be amazing IMO, but let's print a quick $12 EPS first, eh?

Interesting. I was under the impression he wanted to buy still but this tweet makes it seem like he doesn't want it. In any case I'm glad he's done selling... for now

He is saying, 'if the deal is forced (meaning no control over timing) AND some of the finacing falls through'. In this situation, court could force him to sell shares at a time of their choosing.
Buying with full financing: ok.
Not buying: ok.
Buying with requirement to sell shares/ raise assets: not ok.

One might see a future where he buys TSLA shares post TWTR conclusion.

Edit: correction: equity partners are (also?) people joining him in owning post-TWTR, either current shareholders or new private funds. Different category than bank financing.

Last edited:
A Triumph Bonneville T120 to go with my Moto Guzzi V7 :)

I also used TSLA gains to buy a Model Y last year and a Model X that arrives in 3 weeks.

Be careful out there! A 72 year old fellow was killed when a truck pulled out in front of his Triumph just a mile or two from my house last month. He was even wearing a helmet and leathers, but .... Pretty much a freak accident on a rural road that sees very little traffic.

Elon selling shares likely increased the supply of shares and will likely meet the demand created by shorts covering .
The chance of a squeeze that many here are expecting just cratered .
That squeeze is based on a hunch of some kind of massive naked shorting action going on in conjunction with MM manipulation and a dash of WSB hopium. With like 2.7% of the float shares that are shorted, mass squeezes are unlikely.

He is saying, 'if the deal is forced (meaning no control over timing) AND some of the finacing falls through'. In this situation, court could force him to sell shares at a time of their choosing.

Just to be clear, what Elon said is that the selling of shares today is to prevent mass emergency selling of shares IF the court forces him to buy Twitter and some of his partners drop off?

Or is he saying there might be more sales if the court forces him to buy twitter and some of his partners drop off?

Reactions: 30seconds

On another note, I can’t imagine this development will have no effect on TWTR stock tomorrow.

Just to be clear, what Elon said is that the selling of shares today is to prevent mass emergency selling of shares IF the court forces him to buy Twitter and some of his partners drop off?

Or is he saying there might be more sales if the court forces him to buy twitter and some of his partners drop off?

Pretty sure it’s the first one.

Elon thinks Twitter is a better place for his money than Tesla. Twitter.
Elon doesn't give a *sugar* about money at this point.

He has more money than he can reasonably or rationally spend in 100 lifetimes. He has enough in Tesla and SpaceX where he is assured he will be able to earn money fast enough to buy 1 Twitter or so every year.

It's not about which "Investment" is better. There is no point in having money if you can't use it. He wants to spend the money on something.

The first. This sale covers that contingency case and he does not expect to need to sell any more. His statement indicates that he doesn't expect the cash from this sale will be needed, but is playing it safe.

Beginning on Friday and again this week, I suspected that Elon possibly selling was a reason for the share price walk-downs. We saw similar patterns in his previous sales. Now that he's done, the release of that pressure should provide encouragement to potential TSLA buyers.

Agreed. When Elon has been "done" before IIRC the stock jumped up.

I gotta admit...I thought you were off your rocker when you thought it might be elon selling stock.