Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't be a Debbie Downer when what you're saying is reality. Reality is the Debbie Downer here lol

Some people can get all excited and say "Now the runways clear for TSLA to go to the moon!". That's fine, I just don't think it's going to happen. I don't see how anyone can think that Elon's actions over the past year have helped with investor confidence.

Bare in mind, I'm talking about the stock and it's valuation. Tesla the company will continue to blow away expectations and execute amazingly like they've done every quarter since Q1 2021. But Wall St's not going to give them the credit for it. When your CEO not just erodes investor confidence, but sends it off a cliff, it takes time for the company to gain investor confidence back through execution.

To me, I feel for all the Tesla employees that have worked their ass off and executed like no other only to have your CEO torpedo your equity. Yes the employees that have been there for many years still have huge gains. Tell that to the employees hired since Q4 2020. I'm sure employees love being told "You need to have a 2-3 year time horizon and hold" when it comes to them needing to use their RSU's for life events that require them to sell now.

Since a lot of people seem to overreact to my posts, I clarify again, I have zero interest in selling any shares. I hold quite a few and it makes up a significant amount of my net worth. So my TSLA position isn't chump change that I take lightly. I'm fully aware of what the value of TSLA will be in just a couple years. But I have zero expectations for the stock over the next year thanks to Elon's actions and I can't really blame Wall St at this point.

This type of response is part of the problem. No one is saying Elon needs to cater to the stock and it's valuation. But don't do things that continually lose investor confidence. There's a difference. A big difference.
I can imagine some folks being exhausted by the constant drama, but with a pending stock split I struggle to understand why any investors would be selling now

More likely is that the shorts are piling-in given that we're at critical resistance levels on the SPY and QQQ indices, quite literally the boundary between the continuation, or ending of the bear market - a risk that the narrative totally slips away and into a bull market, and the best way to attack the indices is to attack the market-moving stocks, AAPL, TSLA, GOOGL, etc.

All opinion, of course

Someone told me Elon is done selling....someone told me Elon did not keep his word.....We have been through a lot with Tesla, some more and longer than others. What has history shown us? The best in the business wins out eventually, this will be no different. Hey, we all agree to disagree, but no one is forcing anyone to hold $TSLA due to Elon's antics.

Remember...Panic selling is often followed by panic buying. :)

I can imagine some folks being exhausted by the constant drama, but with a pending stock split I struggle to understand why any investors would be selling now

More likely is that the shorts are piling-in given that we're at critical resistance levels on the SPY and QQQ indices, quite literally the boundary between the continuation, or ending of the bear market - a risk that the narrative totally slips away and into a bull market, and the best way to attack the indices is to attack the market-moving stocks, AAPL, TSLA, GOOGL, etc.

All opinion, of course
As @henchman24 pointed out, Wall St simply doesn't believe Elon is done selling.

Not with this level of volume. This is definitely some genuine investors calling it quits.

We can say "They'll regret it", which they definitely will. But the reality is investors are bailing at this point
Nope, I'm not. That's what "they" want you to think. Investors don't bail, they ride it.

Have to agree that Teslas negative acquisition of Twitter is a huge blow to investor confidence as no one signed up for this. I say Tesla's acquisition because the transaction of all share transaction makes no difference when say AMD did an all share buy out of xilinx. However the big difference is Twitter's equity is not added back into Tesla. Tesla gets 0% of twitters' revenue or assets, however we the shareholder paid for it through Elon. Without us shareholders, Elon's shares are not valuable hence he can't buy a thing with them. This is probably one of the reason Tesla's valuation can be risky under Elon's random buys.

Yeah, you don't own Elon, either. Stop pretending you own his shares, or are clever enough to tell him how to employ them. U butt hurt? Sell. That's what u signed on for.

FYI, here's some supply chain news from one small corner - the music industry. Production is strong, get ready for excess inventory? I didn't pay for the study to break it down by country, might be interesting to see though. Also, they're selling the data so maybe a bit hyped as what the industry wants to hear. We'll see!

"Just released data for music and audio gear imports for the second quarter (three-month period April 1-June 30) reveal that the global supply chain is clearly back on track, producing products at rates that exceed current demand levels. The myriad of factors from COVID factory shutdowns to container and chip shortages that contributed to product shortages in the last 18 months have in most cases been resolved as evidenced by this latest batch of import data that show substantial increases in key product categories. The progress that most factories have made to address production problems comes at a time when the market is cooling off and inventory levels in the U.S.A are surging to uncomfortable levels."

(Edit: I might add that that this is a discretionary market. Question remains, will Johnny buy a new guitar or just some new strings?)

Last edited:
Yeah, you don't own Elon, either. Stop pretending you own his shares, or are clever enough to tell him how to employ them. U butt hurt? Sell. That's what u signed on for.

I get amused at the hubris of some people thinking they can tell the guy that literally made them millions (or more) how he should run his companies and what he should spend his money on.

Living in a simulation.

FYI, here's some supply chain news from one small corner - the music industry. Production is strong, get ready for excess inventory? I didn't pay for the study to break it down by country, might be interesting to see though. Also, they're selling the data so maybe a bit hyped as what the industry wants to hear. We'll see!

"Just released data for music and audio gear imports for the second quarter (three-month period April 1-June 30) reveal that the global supply chain is clearly back on track, producing products at rates that exceed current demand levels. The myriad of factors from COVID factory shutdowns to container and chip shortages that contributed to product shortages in the last 18 months have in most cases been resolved as evidenced by this latest batch of import data that show substantial increases in key product categories. The progress that most factories have made to address production problems comes at a time when the market is cooling off and inventory levels in the U.S.A are surging to uncomfortable levels."
We're starting to see a glut of inventory all over the place. I've actually held off on buying a ton of things simply because I know the prices for things are going to start dropping, in some places pretty rapidly, with the level of inventory I'm seeing.

More likely is that the shorts are piling-in given that we're at critical resistance levels

Short selling, or buying puts? (which causes a reflexive sale by their MM).

What does the Options Volume show us for this 1st hour of trading? If it's heavy put volume, then this is naked shorting, which will indeed become a larger headache for MMs come Aug 25th.

Paging @SOULPEDL for the chart.

Cheers!

Again, about your avatar. It's not always about you! ;)

Cheers!
Hah, Trying to see and think clearly. Perhaps this current stock price is legitimate.(at least on WallStreet)
Coming out of Q2 poor(in comparison) P&D, ER results, moving around 850-1000 probably on the table.
But Q3 P&D onward, should be back to the growth story, Tesla it just about to start becoming extremely profitable.