Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in NYC have been paid owner of FSD since 2018. I only get to watch it on videos.

I am consistently whacked as an unsafe driver. For example, I will swerve to avoid a cavernous pothole and suddenly the parked car 30 yards in the distance lights up and my car informs me that it has taken corrective action and saved my life. I will straddle the yellow line on an otherwise empty two way street that does not actually fit two cars in either direction so that I do not roll over the continuous potholes located in the middle of the road and suddenly the alarm is blaring at me to take control immediately! (Wtf, I am driving already…) and that corrective action was taken and the car saved my life.

Despite the fact that I am the guy who everyone cuts off on the highway because I do not tailgate which means there is a space to cut in, I am routinely informed that the car had to engage the brakes to save my life and avoid a forward collision. When I take a turn and juice it a little to safely clear the intersection which only allows me short windows of opportunity to do so due to the steady and relentless traffic, I am tagged as an aggressive turner.

So despite the fact that I have NEVER hit anyone or anything over 30 years of driving, I am an unsafe driver with a high score of around 92. I have been in accidents. Rear ended once by a crazy maniac of a driver and another rear ending sitting at a stop light.

I don’t think I would be able to use it much, don‘t think FSD could handle my drive much less merge on the GCP at this point, but this does bother me. In the end I am happy to subsidize Tesla as it is a two way street, but I have paid somewhere around 30k on three different vehicles for FSD, but have never actually been able to use it.

980 today?
Turn off the feature that provides lane keeping assist when you aren’t on autopilot. Those alarms shouldn’t affect your safety score either.

What are the factors contributing to your score being lowered? Aggressive turning?

So despite the fact that I have NEVER hit anyone or anything over 30 years of driving, I am an unsafe driver with a high score of around 92.

I wouldn't take it personally. I think the Safety Score is to some extent deliberately designed to capture the difficulty of the driving situation in your location. So it's not saying you're a bad driver, it's saying driving where you live is a riskier ordeal; and therefore maybe not the best place to run FSD Beta in its early stages.

I am hopeful that FSD Beta will go into wide release this year, though. I find it curious that Elon has a couple of times now confirmed the 8/20 date for 10.13. So I wonder if anything else significant will happen on that date.

Turn off the feature that provides lane keeping assist when you aren’t on autopilot. Those alarms shouldn’t affect your safety score either.

What are the factors contributing to your score being lowered? Aggressive turning?
Thanks will do.

The single biggest factor is forward collision warnings. It lights up randomly. My kids sit in the car and have a good time joking about it when it does. Usually when I am avoiding a pot hole and the car believes I will continue to accelerate into an object in the distance.

The competition is coming in India, with "pulsating performance" from a joint effort between Mahindra and VW

Article makes no mention of where will they get batteries.

No news right now so...
How many times has tesla done a stock split? Just the one time for 5x? I was here for that, and if that was the only time then all of us that have been here since before then got the 5x boost thing...Like when the stock goes up $1 now it is like it going up $5 back then....
So after the 3x split every dollar rise will be like a $15 dollar rise was 3 years ago?
Imagine, a $20 daily rise will be a $300 rise in each of your shares back then. That's ephen crazy.
I was just going over that with my wife last night! We are trying to imagine if Tesla goes up $30 in 1 day after the 3 for 1 split

just that 1 day would make most people consider that they suddenly got way richer if they are all in Tesla stock. (Like the 5 for 1 did)

😀😁😂😃😄😅😆😉😍😋😊😀😁😂😃😄😅😆

And it will do this..Time to consider a TMC charity.....

I wouldn't take it personally. I think the Safety Score is to some extent deliberately designed to capture the difficulty of the driving situation in your location. So it's not saying you're a bad driver, it's saying driving where you live is a riskier ordeal; and therefore maybe not the best place to run FSD Beta in its early stages.

I am hopeful that FSD Beta will go into wide release this year, though. I find it curious that Elon has a couple of times now confirmed the 8/20 date for 10.13. So I wonder if anything else significant will happen on that date.
Thanks, I don’t. I know that my commute is challenging.

I would still love to activate FSD here and there.

Patiently waiting….

idiot senator (and obviously uneducated about the topic)from illinois on cnbc just now spewing and stuttering complete nonsense about tesla self driving. as if some doofus politician holds more weight than some random twitter clown.
it never ends.
Please. Don’t contaminate us doofuses by associating us with politicians! They are their own unique breed.

I had some TQQQ and SPXL that I sold in Fabruary to buy more TSLA. They don’t do really well in Bear market those leveraged ETFs. The fees of the funds managers est the profits in sideway markets, in bear markets they collapse even faster

Very true. Especially with the triple leveraged products. You really want to cut those loose early in a bear market, which it sounds like you did, wisely. I'm much more comfortable with the 1.75x and 1.5x leverage on Apple and Tesla, respectively. It really boils down to how bullish you're feeling, and if you think we're pulling out of a bear market or not. So far, so good on the TSLL I picked up last week. My LEAPS give more leverage, but come with their own risks.

Some automakers will feel the pain of the new bill faster than I thought:

ev bill.PNG

Thanks will do.

The single biggest factor is forward collision warnings. It lights up randomly. My kids sit in the car and have a good time joking about it when it does. Usually when I am avoiding a pot hole and the car believes I will continue to accelerate into an object in the distance.
Hmm, I had that problem a lot when one of my bumper forward sensors was loose. Kept false detecting close objects. Are you sure that's not the problem? Because it's still live and active, the car doesn't know it's false reporting. Just a thought.

idiot senator (and obviously uneducated about the topic)from illinois on cnbc just now spewing and stuttering complete nonsense about tesla self driving. as if some doofus politician holds more weight than some random twitter clown.
it never ends.
When a politician does that it means he or she is wanting campaign contributions from the company they are bad mouthing. No doubt paying the Danegeld will stop the bad mouthing (at least until additional contributions are wanted).

^Quote from Elon's open letter in China yesterday.

That's the first time I can remember him saying anything about cheap clean energy unlocking carbon sequestration and saltwater desalination on a large enough industrial scale to solve climate change and water shortages.

Carbon sequestration (and hydrocarbon chemical synthesis using the captured CO2) and desalination are important elements in my model predicting an explosion in global human energy consumption as solar costs continue marching downward over the years. I am glad to see that Elon Musk is thinking these will be coming in the future.

Link to original post
He's been looking for good ideas on the Carbon Sequestration front for a while: XPrize Carbon Removal

it never ends.
This was truly amazing bit of FUD. Epic really. This will spawn a bazillion YT videos.

Slightly OT, but it’s to close the thought that AAA has trucks out there charging stranded EV owners: this program was suspended in 2019.

It’s easier to just tow to a charger. And probably faster.

This is a case of AAA falling victim to TSLAQ who convinced them that EV drivers would be getting stranded left and right with nowhere to charge. It turns out that electrical outlets are really common wherever there are buildings and humans actually fill up before they take a trip so running out of juice was an event rarer than they surmised and it made about as much sense for AAA to run a fleet of trucks with fast charge capability as it did to run a fleet of fuel tankers to fuel up hundreds of stranded ICE motorists.