Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bunch of production rate information (some new, some possibly old) in that Kolodny piece.

Fremont Factory:

August was one of the record months for Fremont in terms of production. The Fremont factory is now able to make around 12,000 cars per week and is aiming for 14,000 per week as its next goal, he said.

Berlin

He also said that Tesla’s team in Brandenburg, Germany, recently hit a milestone of being able to produce 1,000 cars on a rolling seven-day basis. Musk recently visited the German factory and the company expects it to ramp production to make 5,000 cars per week by the end of 2022.

Austin

Tesla’s new factory in Austin, Texas also hit the 1,000-per-week production rate.

Nevada Drivetrain

In terms of drive unit production, the Gigafactory produced 283,473 power trains in the second quarter of 2022 “feeding” the company’s Fremont and Austin factories.

Nevada Car Battery Production

At the same meeting on Thursday, Montgomery told Gigafactory employees that they need to get to a steady output of 8,800 high voltage battery packs per week to support Fremont’s new production goals, and “maximize all-wheel-drive builds.” He said August 2022 was also the Gigafactory’s second-best month on record for production, second only to October 2021.

Nevada Megapack

Reddick said Tesla can now produce 42 giant Megapack batteries in a seven-day rolling period. Tesla is on target to produce 442 Megapacks during the third quarter of 2022, representing an 85% growth over Megapack production in the previous three-month period.

Nevada Powerwall

The Gigafactory also hit and has exceeded a production rate of 6,500 Powerwalls per week. The Nevada Gigafactory made 37,600 Powerwalls in the second quarter, Montgomery said, and said the facility is on target to increase that by 22% in the third quarter.

This entire piece may have more useful information than all previous Kolodny articles combined! Please @The Accountant @Gigapress etc... tell me how much money Tesla is gonna print this Q3...

Last edited:
A bunch of production rate information (some new, some possibly old) in this Kolodny piece.

Fremont Factory:

Berlin

Austin

Nevada Drivetrain

Nevada Car Battery Production

Nevada Megapack

Nevada Powerwall

Please @The Accountant @Gigapress etc... tell me how much money Tesla is gonna print this Q3...
All this from a Kolodny piece? I am sure Tesla is a scam and Elon is a fraud message hidden there somewhere right?

All this from a Kolodny piece? I am sure Tesla is a scam and Elon is a fraud message hidden there somewhere right?

We know Goldman gave the go-ahead right ;)
News like this would have been nipped in the bud otherwise .... playas know how to play ....

anyway, looks like "beast mode" is coming ....

(How come the audio leaked ...spies everywhere ...)

I put in order for two power walls right before they started bundling with panels (we already have solar panels).

At this point, I am happy to wait until the next gen of the PW is announced/released. I expect it to be made up of LFP batteries, which are of course a better solution for home storage than Lithium. I don't know what the life expectancy is expected to be, but they should be greatly improved over the current PW2+.

The L in LFP means Lithium. While LFP might be better for home storage than other things it isn't better than itself.

Reactions: KBF and scaesare
So about this energy. Last Q was 801M in revenue.

So 442 megapacks = 900M in revenue
6500 powerwalls/week divided by 2(assuming most people buys two) X ASP of 40k(since they are forced to buy solar panels or roof) = 1.5B in revenue.

What am I missing here? Seems like Tesla's revenue run rate for energy should be around at least 2B/Q no?
Finally seeing the Energy ramp we’ve all been waiting for

Tesla looking into starting a lithium refinery in Texas. Louisiana is a secondary option

The 2024 Equinox EV, announced today, will be made in Mexico, like the Blazer EV. 250 mile range for the $30,000 base model that will be available sometime in the future. 280 and 300 miles for other trim lines, prices not announced. FWD and AWD availability.

Last edited:
How the hell does leaked audio get out????
You don't think Goldman has an app on paid employee's phones that records everything all day every day?

I'm drawing the same conclusion as those above. A Kololodny piece with all this actual reporting and information can only mean one thing.....hedge funds are all positioned for liftoff. Their minions will now do their part.

Interesting Gigafactory hints at the end:

Employees asked management to discuss whether and where Tesla’s next factory may be built. Lobbying activity by Tesla in Canada, and the company’s investments up North previously have stirred speculation of a Canada-based plant.

Sagar said, “I have some idea on the candidates but I don’t think I’m at liberty right now to disclose those candidates because of the confidentiality around some of those things.” He did offer, “There is an exciting future for North America and all around the Americas.”

The Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) youtube channel published clips of their test on the Model Y, including crash tests and collision avoidance from other cars and pedestrians.

Unfortunately it has zero video commentary and no description, and no comments allowed.

We need to twitter bomb this to dumb dumb O'dowd.

Tesla looking into starting a lithium refinery in Texas. Louisiana is a secondary option
I don’t know how many here are as tied into The Dark Side as I….well, as I have the wherewithal to be exposed to.…but the reason I am supremely hopeful this news becomes reality is because of how it could with finality slay the nasty little worm of truth that hides inside a lie.

What the EV haters like to jump on is the “All those lithium batteries are made in China” falsehood. But the kernel of truth there is that, to an approximate value of 100%, the final processing of battery-grade lithium is occurring in China. That’s a low value-added refining process at which China excels.

Were such refining to occur in the US, poof, that argument vanishes. Now, as for me, I wouldn’t invest in such: the ROI is pitiful. But in geopolitically sensitive times, I’m happy to find others are coming up to the plate.

You don't think Goldman has an app on paid employee's phones that records everything all day every day?

I'm drawing the same conclusion as those above. A Kololodny piece with all this actual reporting and information can only mean one thing.....hedge funds are all positioned for liftoff. Their minions will now do their part.

Interesting Gigafactory hints at the end:
I really hope Tesla is playing off different cities/states/countries for the very best offer for the new gigafactory - and at the end of the process when final “bids” are in, they accept them all and build in all the locations.

Not sure how we'll ever know. As long as FSD is L2, it's the driver's responsibility to ensure it's safe. Disengaging IS the right thing to do here with FSD Beta. If FSD has super human skills, I'm not sure a responsible driver will ever let the mothership know these skills are working.
pretty sure distracted drivers will

opening FSD to public release will make sure we have enough distracted drivers running FSD engaged - it's gotta be interesting I'd say