Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plz let me borrow your Plaid Model S for some "experimentation". I pinkie swear I'll give a full kinematic analysis

6spo3x.jpg

Thanks! I figured it would be more, but just saw an article that stated you only need 1.25 G's to do 2.2 seconds 0-60.

it's really hard to accelerate at more than 1.5 G's when your thrust is dependent upon contact with the ground, which you're only being pressed against at about 1 G (disregarding downforce, which is probably negligible on a Model S, particularly under 60mph).

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
...However I have yet to successfully use a CCS station in the US. Admittedly the ones I have tried have been EVGO and EA, but my half dozen attempts have all failed due to maintenance and/or interface failures.
How do you know that the "interface failures" cannot be related to the physical connector itself? You are also disregarding the different underlying standards for the communications signaling and protocols, which can also contribute to "interface failures."

I sense a change in the Force.

I Am One With The Force and The Force Is With Me. (StarWars)
Yeah there has been a lot of upgrades lately and TSLA has been moving differently the last few days compared to the rest of the market. In the past when I’ve seen this it’s usually the start of a run. My buddy always jokes with me that I say people should buy TSLA all the time. Yesterday I texted him that I think now is a good time. Just to hopefully prove my timing right I bought some leaps today. Not only do I think I will make a lot of money off them but it’s more gratifying to show my buddy that I called it haha. I guess will see..

Elon was saying how the US would only need X miles of panels and Y miles (1 sq mile) of batteries to handle all of our power. Just a thought experiment and then Dumb Dumb says "umm achtually we only have a small amount of battery storage currently". His comments don't even make sense in context of the topic being discussed.
I am not really sure a 1 sq. mile area of batteries is enough to power US for 24 hours. Even if you double or triple stack them with Powerwalls

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: WattsHappening
And does anyone really believe it'll be $30k? Even the base base model? I'm betting $35k after $7500 rebate.

eh? you are suggesting the next cheaper, smaller model from Tesla will cost $42,500 USD before rebates?

Tesla already sells the Shanghai Model 3 for less than that (from $40k USD for cheapest model, depending on country)

$30k USD might be a tough target (especially with perhaps a couple of years of inflation before the next model arrives) - but I would expect it to be substantially cheaper than the Shanghai 3&Y base models.