Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The world is selling everything and moving into USD/TSLA/AAPL. Not bad....from a selfish perspective.
Yes @TheTalkingMule - fully agree. And for me the best metric for this could be a transfer of massive amounts of money made in Big Pharma into tech in recent months. Recall that about $4.2 Trillion was passed out to invest a couple years ago, and a large but unknown amount went into Big Pharma stocks - and they grew in value tremendously over the past couple years. So there is a Yuuuuge war chest of Wall Street money that was available for 'the next Big Thing.' And, in the last couple months alone there has been a 10% drop in Pfizer while TSLA is up over 40%. Is it only a coincidence how so much of this happened just before the latest round of new Renewable Tech-friendly legislation was passed.........and just before this administration has started to declare Covid 'over'. It's almost as if Wall Street got the memo before the rest of us did.........................? Regardless, that huge war chest of money is on the move, and TSLA appears to be THE stock to own by those that were already 'in the know'. Good thing the collective consciousness of TMC has been 'in the know' long before this transfer of wealth was underway!

1663690391268.png

Yeah, but when S&P500 down 1% while TSLA is up 1%, that makes @StarFoxisDown! ecstatic for beta outperformance, that's what we are celebrating...
The cat will have to wait for another day/week ;)
As of this moment TSLA's TTM P/E is still lower than Amazons.....by like half a point.

So consider me............still unimpressed :rolleyes:

OMG. WOW WOW WOW WOW,,,,,,,,, Possibly the SP is up strong in relation to the market is the FSD BETA. Elon has done it. Sorry folks but FSD really is phenomenal like landing rockets backwards on a platform on the ocean. It drives better and quicker than I do.
I"ll bet many people will have FOMO and having 90% in TSLA is too low now.
Do I seem enthusiastic? I am. Watching FSD and using it is logarithmic in belief. Thank you Elon and Tesla and AI and all the great service I have gotton. The FUD must be ramping up but they are just Clowns panhandling for a hot dog.

As of this moment TSLA's TTM P/E is still lower than Amazons.....by like half a point.

So consider me............still unimpressed :rolleyes:
Gotta zoom out and look at the trend...

Tesla has been very, very strong given the market over the last month. Basically pushing the August high with the overall market down 9-10%. Amazon, down 12%.

I wonder how long they have been saving this Rolling Stone hit piece?
I read it. Doesn't seem like a hit piece, although the writers clearly don't have a deep understanding of Tesla. I was surprised to see that the harassment claims were also coming from women who worked in the sales and service centers. The writers were reasonably clear that there's no direct tie to Musk. But I think they're right that if he wanted the problem gone it would (mostly) go away.

The things that are dubious are their assertions that Musk's (in my opinion) childish fixation on 69 and SEXY encourage Tesla employees to harass women. And it's clear that they don't understand Tesla in general (really, the SEXY short shorts were part of a Model 3 marketing campaign???).

I find the claims of harassment to be believable and very disappointing. I'd like to know just how Tesla compares to other car companies in this regard, rather than just highlighting complaints about Tesla. It seems to be all too common everywhere to be surrounded by jerks while all you want is to do your job well.

Near the end of his video, there was a disengagement while attempting to perform a forward-facing unprotected left, where it seems like the Tesla doesn't even perform a check for oncoming vehicles before attempting the left turn. I'm wondering if there used to be a specific case in the code for forward-facing unportected left turns that got removed, because Brandonee916 on Youtube ended up having his FSD Beta Tesla fail very similarly when attempting a forward-facing unprotected left turn as well. I'm hoping that this was a small bug that the internal FSD testers just missed - hopefully it is an easy fix on Tesla's side and they can issue a quick fix update relatively quickly.

They've rewritten it twice so far. The real understanding to this is the process: They come up with a solution they think will get them to Level 5, implement it, train and tune the AI to reach it's maximum success rate, then realize they need more information/a different approach, and start the process over utilizing new learnings and ideas. They started with straight pictures, then when to differentials between 2 pictures (frames), then went to video. Now they're onto an occupancy network. Each time, they get closer. This last one might be the one. We shall see, but there is a method to their madness, and to non-technical people, it can seem neverending...

FSD is/will be never-ending.
To some it will never be good enough, to some it already is.

Asymptotic progress.
MODERATOR:
The FSD discussion in this thread has made far too many unprotected Z-axis turns. Useful information, conceivably of importance to the investment world, has been subsumed under a deluge of minutiae, of unsupported conjecture, of personal anecdotes, of Grand Statements, and of worse.

As certain participants have pleadingly informed, there are dedicated FSD threads. Use them. All Moderators are to understand it is Open Season on further such discussion for any posts that do not *convincingly* link the post’s material with how it affects or otherwise will be perceived by the investment world.

I read it. Doesn't seem like a hit piece, although the writers clearly don't have a deep understanding of Tesla.

Disagree. It adds a ton of irrelevant details to make Tesla and Musk look bad. The title alone is insane.

"This has been true since the South African became CEO and wrested control of the electric-car company from its founders in 2008."
(Don't forget that he is from racist South Africa and didn't even create the company!)
"He has 9 kids!"
(what a pervert! Must be sexist!)
"More like William Blake’s dark “Satanic Mills”...
(it's basically hell)
"Many of the examples in the video were of women harassing men. She couldn’t believe it."
(can you believe they would insinuate that women can be bad actors?)
"We are sitting in the deserted pool area of her apartment complex. It’s June, but she’s in a puffer jacket and occasionally shivers. I wonder whether it was because of the morning chill or talking about her experiences working at Tesla."
:rolleyes:

Tesla absolutely should fire anyone for doing things like these women have claimed. Tesla HR, management, and yes Elon have also clearly dropped the ball and will have to work very hard to overcompensate the other direction to fix this perception.

I'm expecting quite a bit of China demand FUD over the next couple of weeks until we get official Q3 P/D numbers.

For anyone that's been tracking these weekly numbers, it says we're up to about 44k through Sept 18th. I have no idea how closely these weekly numbers have translated to actual official monthly numbers by the CPCA. But let's say they're accurate. So to hit 100k for Sept, Tesla China would need to delivery roughly 56k in the last 12 days of Sept. Sounds like a stretch right?

Except for a couple caveats.

The first being that China just had a typhoon come through which is obviously going to delay deliveries of cars that are already at delivery centers. This affected the week that that tweet is covering.

The 2nd caveat is that as Tesla does in the United States, for the first couple of weeks of the last month of the quarter, cars are still being sent farther out distances so that they can be delivered in time for the end of the quarter. As in California, delivers happen in the final two weeks of the quarter. Which is why at the end of every quarter in the US, a disproportional % of deliveries happen in the US compared to the first 2 and a half months.

I believe it's something like 25-30% of all deliveries for the US happen in the final 2 weeks of the quarter. And that's because you're still getting cars delivered on the east coast and middle America as well as the west coast, all at the same time. This same dynamic will likely play out in China. But of course we won't know for sure until Oct 2nd, so enjoy the China demand FUD for the next 2 weeks 🥴

The 3rd caveat is that production was/is still ramping. So by that logic, there's a trailing data factor. Meaning there's probably a 2-3 week delay between increases in production levels week over week and when it shows up in deliveries week over week. This trailing data factor "gap" should be closed, at least mostly closed, in the final two weeks of deliveries since production will only be going to close delivery centers to make sure they're delivered before the end of the quarter.

There's also one other caveat that there was a RoRo ship that loaded up and departed last week, but I have yet to find anything actually concrete on this.

Last edited: