Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We like to talk smack, and rightfully so, on the so called Wall Street professionals. But it sure looks today like they have a grasp of reality.

Shouldn't TSLA be tanking in sympathy with Ford on a red macro day? Surely Tesla has experienced a similar amount of unforseen expense?

One of the most reliably wrong people on the topic of TSLA (toilet boy from StandStill Capital) made exactly that prediction yesterday- though giving himself an out by saying if Teslas results did NOT show such a cost hit then it could only be due to fraud.

Because of course it's impossible different companies have different supply chains and cost controls and contracts.

One of the most reliably wrong people on the topic of TSLA (toilet boy from StandStill Capital) made exactly that prediction yesterday- though giving himself an out by saying if Teslas results did NOT show such a cost hit then it could only be due to fraud.

Because of course it's impossible different companies have different supply chains and cost controls and contracts.
Lol....I really don't consider him even crossing the low bar of being considered "Wall Street". Pretty sure he lives in his mom's basement.

For over a year now, there's been a chorus proclaiming how inexact the safety score is for predicting driver behavior. Now it's improved?
Participants of FSD Beta behavior is actually shockingly good. The national average rate of injury per 100 million miles driven is 78. So far after FSD beta completing over 50 million miles, we have yet to hear a single injury! You can almost make a case that FSD Beta is saving lives because of how it make testers extra attentive, causing less accidents and near zero injuries compared to the norm.

P.S, suck on that O'Dowd, Cummings, Markey, and Blumenthal

Near the end of his video, there was a disengagement while attempting to perform a forward-facing unprotected left, where it seems like the Tesla doesn't even perform a check for oncoming vehicles before attempting the left turn. I'm wondering if there used to be a specific case in the code for forward-facing unportected left turns that got removed, because Brandonee916 on Youtube ended up having his FSD Beta Tesla fail very similarly when attempting a forward-facing unprotected left turn as well. I'm hoping that this was a small bug that the internal FSD testers just missed - hopefully it is an easy fix on Tesla's side and they can issue a quick fix update relatively quickly.
This happened to me just last night. I was doing an unprotected left that FSD handled well in the past. But last night it assertively started to turn into the path of an oncoming car and I had to slam on the brakes. They need to fix this ASAP.

Participants of FSD Beta behavior is actually shockingly good. The national average rate of injury per 100 million miles driven is 78. So far after FSD beta completing over 50 million miles, we have yet to hear a single injury! You can almost make a case that FSD Beta is saving lives because of how it make testers extra attentive, causing less accidents and near zero injuries compared to the norm.

This is the 4D chess move -- all vehicles manufactured will now default to L2 FSD as the primary drive mode and the driver no longer constantly operates the wheel/pedals but instead needs to monitor the software at all times and correct where necessary. The software will intermittently and intentionally mess up to ensure the driver is constantly on edge and ready for the wrong thing at the worst time.

Accident rates will plummet, psychotherapy bills will skyrocket

In the immortal words of Slim Pickens, YEEEEEEE-HAAAA

slim.pickens+&+bomb.jpg

Please excuse this brief interruption as I am momentarily experiencing irrational exuberance over the SP direction...
Better yet, remember this guy from Shark Tank? This guy eats 4680s for breakfast.

1663686727693.png
(Please excuse me too, got excited at SP as well)

Last edited:
No. From what Zack said this isn't open enough for them to recognize the FSD revenue.

For one thing, some people even with a 80+ Safety Score still can't get the beta because they are on a newer firmware version. (I am on 2022.28.2, so even though I qualify they won't downgrade me to 2022.20.17.) Hopefully FSD Beta 10.69.3 will be at least on the 2022.28 branch, but that isn't supposed to get released until sometime next month.
And many (like me) cannot get FSD yet because we’re waiting on an invitation for the camera upgrade. Everything else has been upgraded in my 2017 S.

Market action is great and all...but we aren't even in the cat wisker twitch area .....yet.
Yeah, but when S&P500 down 1% while TSLA is up 1%, that makes @StarFoxisDown! ecstatic for beta outperformance, that's what we are celebrating...
The cat will have to wait for another day/week ;)

Or just really smart airbags... it's pretty hard to get "injured" in a Tesla.
Any idea on # of Accidents? (crickets)

Reactions: Nocturnal
For one thing, some people even with a 80+ Safety Score still can't get the beta because they are on a newer firmware version. (I am on 2022.28.2, so even though I qualify they won't downgrade me to 2022.20.17.) Hopefully FSD Beta 10.69.3 will be at least on the 2022.28 branch, but that isn't supposed to get released until sometime next month.

1663688347160.png

Gave me the impression that he got downgraded so he could get the beta. But I've been wrong about the beta recently so I'm not positive on my interpretation.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Last edited: