Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likely more Reuters FUD, 93% of new maximum production rate sounds like the usual actual : maximum production rate.

Planned output at Shanghai for rest of year at 1.1 million cars / yr. That seems... in line with expectations?

Of course it’s Reuters FUD. Actual data just came out that was positive. So rueters just list sources to put a damper on the good news. The same sources they have been wrong at least 50% of the time when it come to Shanghai

What could possibly go wrong?

1E822478-D020-49E2-A8DB-896F0A0B28FA.jpeg

Of course it’s Reuters FUD. Actual data just came out that was positive. So rueters just list sources to put a damper on the good news. The same sources they have been wrong at least 50% of the time when it come to Shanghai
Also depends on _how_ it's 93%.

( 92 - 7 ) / 92 = 92.4%

That is, if they shut down for a week, and then ran at full output for the other weeks they'd be about 93%.

Infinite possibilities; but getting EV chargers at BP gas stations seems like a good thing.
Agreed. While that chances of it happening are near zero, I always hope that companies see the popularity and advantage of EV's... in this case additional customers with charging sessions to give them time patronize the convenience store.

Of course I had high hopes for things like GM's Bolt too, but often they feel like half-hearted endeavors... nonetheless I try to be an optimist.

What could possibly go wrong?

View attachment 857393

Possibly a lot I guess. But here in Norway Circle-K has built out a successful line of chargers at their stations.

Edit: At the same time several stations have Tesla Superchargers. Many have both available.

Last edited:
Agreed. While that chances of it happening are near zero, I always hope that companies see the popularity and advantage of EV's... in this case additional customers with charging sessions to give them time patronize the convenience store.

Of course I had high hopes for things like GM's Bolt too, but often they feel like half-hearted endeavors... nonetheless I try to be an optimist.
Tesla is already partnering with Sheetz, Wawa, Kum and Go. BP needs to cater to EV to stay relevant (could be overly strong wording).

Interesting thing is that with CCS support, Hertz/BP could use potentially use Tesla Superchargers. Unless they want to control billing directly. Still, who's equipment would you rather use?

Tesla is already partnering with Sheetz, Wawa, Kum and Go. BP needs to cater to EV to stay relevant (could be overly strong wording).

Interesting thing is that with CCS support, Hertz/BP could use potentially use Tesla Superchargers. Unless they want to control billing directly. Still, who's equipment would you rather use?

When reading the article, the bulk of these appear to be for Hertz's own internal use for their charging fleet. They do say some will be opened up for public use, but it sounds like most of this is "drop the car off nearly empty and we'll charge it up for the next customer . . . for a fee, of course".

Tbh, based on Tesla's mission, it won't matter which charging station you're using if Tesla's supposed strategy works out. Electricity will be abundant and overwhelming in its accessibility and availability worldwide. That's the target to hit, IMO.

Let me know if I'm incorrect, but one win condition is Tesla owning 100% of the EV and Electric Utility market...though, that's impossible based on how much it'd take to manage that gargantuan of a company as well as get to that point. A monopoly isn't in the cards if we want Capitalism nor Tesla to be a utility. I think the likelier scenario is Tesla owning 30-50% of the EV and Electric Utility market and the entire ecosystem being vibrant.

When reading the article, the bulk of these appear to be for Hertz's own internal use for their charging fleet. They do say some will be opened up for public use, but it sounds like most of this is "drop the car off nearly empty and we'll charge it up for the next customer . . . for a fee, of course".
This makes too much sense to not become the standard for renters of EV’s. Why would you have someone babysit a car while it charges instead of just letting them return it empty, and have it plugged in while you are servicing it or it is waiting for the next customer. Seems like a pretty simple (low-no cost) convenience to offer to customers.

The “fill up then return” model is obsolete when you don’t need fuel pumps.

They could just let the guests ride in vehicles equipped with FSD Beta 10.69.2.x. This is what they did at Autonomy Day also. (i.e. driving the latest FSD build). Since most people have never experienced FSD Beta before so it would make sense to let analysts/press/others check it out.
10.69.3 is supposed to be ready by then, but probably not on general release.
For reference in the UK, BP has chargers at its gas stations. Their network is called bp pulse. (Yes, lower case *sigh*). They created it when they bought the Chargemaster network in 2018.
Only some of them, the BP across the road from me doesn't.

Man, the hedgies etc. sure are lucky that TSLA had been pushed down a little extra over the past few days. What a fortunate coincidence for them.

Also, maybe Elon should buy Twitter and just shut it down. It's making people even more stupid.
View attachment 857414
In this case the idiocy is ironic.
NASA’s Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART), the world’s first full-scale mission to test technology for defending Earth against potential asteroid or comet hazards, launched Wednesday at 1:21 a.m. EST on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Space Launch Complex 4 East at Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.

Man, the hedgies etc. sure are lucky that TSLA had been pushed down a little extra over the past few days. What a fortunate coincidence for them.

Also, maybe Elon should buy Twitter and just shut it down. It's making people even more stupid.
View attachment 857414
Cause caring what some stupid person says on Twitter, and posting a screenshot in a thread that has nothing to do with that, is really intelligent….

If we could only stop posting stupid things like that and give them the clicks, but maybe that’s a little to intelligent even for some here. 🙄

/s