Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fox news and joe rogan makes me believe that the marketing campaign should start with the right wing demographics. Play on the traditional MAGA. I now believe that the truck might be the most important product for tesla.

Just a note: Joe Rogan is far from a right-winger. He describes himself very liberal, and as a regular listener to his podcast, I would agree him. He seems to get lumped in with conservatives because he’s an ardent defender of free speech & and listening to all sides— which used to be a liberal issue— so he’s had lots of conservative guests on his podcast. But he still has far more liberal guests than conservatives.

Good news: you’re reliable! I hope that makes you feel better. I’ve made a lot of money using you as a reliable indicator of negative investor sentiment, and then betting against that investor sentiment. It’s worked well so far.

Now I just need to find someone on this forum to be a reliable indicator that sentiment has become too frothy. Now that TT007 is gone...

That said, no one should call you a troll— you’re just kinda emo. You’re a passionate Tesla owner, and you’ve correctly identified the most concerning part of the P/D report: S/X sales. I think you’ve overreacted to that concern, but everyone is different & we are all entitled to our opinions. My muted emotional response to events has been helpful for me as an investor.

Hey, don't I get a cut!

I tell you what. I won't post any more. Instead, I'll send you my thoughts and feelings privately, and you tell me how to trade accordingly. We'll both get rich - instead of just you! :eek:

So indeed my broker, unless you manually adapt it, sell calls on closure day at market value 17:00CET onwards.
Keytrade sends a mail the day before an option expires with a very elaborate explanation on what your trading options are the following day, and this mail also clearly states that the default (i.e. if you don’t do anything that would prevent this) is auto-sell at 17:00.
You probably didn’t get that email for the option you bought during the pre-market hours, but you should have gotten the email for the option you already bought a long time ago.
Anyway, now you know :). Nobody learns option trading without scars. :)

Good news: you’re reliable! I hope that makes you feel better. I’ve made a lot of money using you as a reliable indicator of negative investor sentiment, and then betting against that investor sentiment. It’s worked well so far.

Now I just need to find someone on this forum to be a reliable indicator that sentiment has become too frothy. Now that TT007 is gone...

That said, no one should call you a troll— you’re just kinda emo. You’re a passionate Tesla owner, and you’ve correctly identified the most concerning part of the P/D report: S/X sales. I think you’ve overreacted to that concern, but everyone is different & we are all entitled to our opinions. My muted emotional response to events has been helpful for me as an investor.
TT007 is still here in the TA thread and on Twitter. When the stock is acting a tad bullish like last week and he starts posting in that thread with 5 charts, sell. It’s actually an amazing indicator

Also, whenever I say “WTF Elon...” or criticize Him, buy

All this talk about the SEC and the judge. Does all that REALLY matter if there is not enough demand to sustain Tesla short or long term?

I don't know why we're even talking about the SEC case when Tesla's deliveries were down 31%.

Yes, I'm scared. Now I know why Tesla was cutting prices and playing games with the announcement of the $35k car (looks like another attempt to bring people in and then hope they'd just go ahead and buy a more expensive model), and cut prices by thousands of dollars on inventory cars. I was hoping the Model S price cut was due to a new model coming out (whether a refresh or longer range), but in reality it was a desperate attempt to sell cars and get the deliveries up.

With all the games, Tesla could only muster up 63,000 deliveries. And even if you add the 10k in transit, that's a pitiful 73,000. Why will this get better next quarter? Or the next?

Someone tell me something to make me feel better. I'm a ball of gloom right now.

Cue the Care Bears...

TT007 is still here in the TA thread and on Twitter. When the stock is acting a tad bullish like last week and he starts posting in that thread with 5 charts, sell. It’s actually an amazing indicator

Also, whenever I say “WTF Elon...” or criticize Him, buy

Explains the reaction to his posts there recently. Hilarious.

If you do nothing else, watch from 1:25:20 on the Sandy Munro interview. He talks about the future of Tesla, and while he just says that they're going to be just fine, the way he says it is, well, interesting.

What he states about Tesla reducing wire to just 300ft or so and using bluetooth (his guess, but I don't think so) to various OEM parts is interesting.

And of course why you don't want to take up Toyota on their free patent deal on synergy hybrid system. Its old tech and Toyota has moved on to something better.

Got to hear John Mellott, former publisher of Atlanta Journal-Constitution, discuss the evolution of news media. He was very clear about the following points:

News is business.
Advertisers are the customers.
Readers/viewers are the product.
Media organization focus immense research on how viewer react to stories to optimize attention.

So from this perspective, journalist have a basic financial motive to report on whatever builds an audience, and news outlets will compete with each other for this audience.

How does this help us understand the onslaught of negative reporting on Musk and Tesla? We can think about how there is a market for such reporting. There had been an earlier market for news that featured how forward looking Musk and Tesla were, but this story got old after several years. Journalist who took a more critical view of Musk started to attract more attention. As the audience shifted to such stories, reporters competed with each other to get the attention of this audience. We saw mild mannered reporter Dana Hull go from being the Tesla fanboy's friend to becoming the trollfriend of $TSLAQ. This transformation only took about a year.

Well, I am starting to get the feeling that anti-Tesla sentiment has played out. It is bizarre, debased, and worse than all that not so interesting anymore. We may see the news media shift to new, more balanced, even sympathetic coverage. Even the Fox Business coverage is suggestive that playing Musk as the beaten down victim of the SEC who nevertheless struggles on to make great American cars (analogous to Trump getting beaten up over silly tweets) may just be the narrative that plays to their audience. So if the research shows strong response, Fox will keep pushing this sort of coverage. Moreover, because media outlets compete for audience, these competitors will be trying out new narratives around Musk and Tesla too. So I do think the anti-Tesla framing is overplayed and a loser for media going forward. Musk is too big a personality for the media to simply leave him alone. So I think we will see some new media framing. Once the industry figures out how best to grab audience again, the whole pack could start heading in that direction.

I do think Tesla is in a good place for this sort of media pivot. The stock price is thoroughly beaten down in spite of huge gains in fundamental, Musk is the "victim" of regulator overreach, Tesla bear predictions and shorts are an fn joke, Tesla is the one US automaker that growing aggressively at home and abroad, presidential race will include outlooks on job creation and ingenuity, and so on and so on. So there really are a lot of interesting story lines the media can latch onto.

But be careful. If the media pivots and the stock price shoots to $500 or $600, know that the media can pivot yet again and the stock price tumble back to $370 all over again. So don't lose your bearings in the next hype cycle.