Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you do nothing else, watch from 1:25:20 on the Sandy Munro interview. He talks about the future of Tesla, and while he just says that they're going to be just fine, the way he says it is, well, interesting.

Edit: But seriously, watch it all. It's very, very interesting.

And one nice thing about these Autoline vids--they can be quite comfortably viewed at 1.25x speed. 1.5x if you're single-tasking.

If these are episodes true, I really don't like this behavior by Musk. It's just unacceptable, even if he's stressed and sleep-deprived.
Having said that, Bloomberg really likes to find dirt on him and publish it anytime they can. They don't do it with Bezos, and probably never did with Jobs. Someone really wants him to be fired as a CEO.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

@ 11:30 into this video, Sandy mentions working with Fiat Chrysler on "other parts of Tesla" that he can't really talk about.

3lz36090fxp21.jpg

Probably the Semi but imagine if they used Tesla drivetrain in the brown trucks. My understanding is that the truck is made by Chrysler.

If these are episodes true, I really don't like this behavior by Musk. It's just unacceptable, even if he's stressed and sleep-deprived.
Having said that, Bloomberg really likes to find dirt on him and publish it anytime they can. They don't do it with Bezos, and probably never did with Jobs. Someone really wants him to be fired as a CEO.

I mean this isn't even that bad? I mean we kinda know mid to late 2018 Tesla was a horrible, horrible place to work in no small part due to Musk feeling the pressure

Just a note: Joe Rogan is far from a right-winger. He describes himself very liberal, and as a regular listener to his podcast, I would agree him. He seems to get lumped in with conservatives because he’s an ardent defender of free speech & and listening to all sides— which used to be a liberal issue— so he’s had lots of conservative guests on his podcast. But he still has far more liberal guests than conservatives.

Joe rogan reminds me of joe plumber. So he has a big influence on ppl in that spectrum which may be more right wing. What I mean is, ppl in trades. Not the tree higgers, because what I am seeing is that tree huggers don't like tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Mobius484

Seriously these behaviors are "new" to you? Were you in heaven all these years?

Did you know in a boring place called Accenture people can get fired for unbutton their shirt's top button at the wrong time? Random "partners" go around the office scolding people are the norm there. Did you know some people died at their desk there for overworking?

Haven't you read the report about Amazon employees cry at their desks, some of them committing suicide?

Haven't you heard Steve Jobs could randomly ask somebody about what they have done for Apple that day and fire that person on the spot if he did not like the answer?

Do you know how many people try to commit suicide in Foxconn due to the immense pressure from Apple?

is there so many snowflake now that they don't know what the real world looks like? is that why lefties hate Tesla?

Grow up!

Last edited:

"By Dana Hull"

Seriously these behaviors are "new" to you? Were you in heaven all these years?

Did you know in a boring place called Accenture people can get fired for unbutton their shirt's top button at the wrong time? Random "partners" go around the office scolding people are the norm there. Did you know some people died at their desk there for overworking?

Haven't you read the report about Amazon employees cry at their desks, some of them committing suicide?

Haven't you heard Steve Jobs could randomly ask somebody about what they have done for Apple that day and fire that person on the spot if he did not like the answer?

Do you know how many people try to commit suicide in Foxconn due to the immense pressure from Apple?

is there so many snowflake now that they don't know what the real world looks like? is that why lefties hate Tesla?

Grow the f@#$ up!

I haven't bought an Apple product in all my life, so bring your cynism elsewhere.
If you actually read my post I did mention Bezos and Jobs, because I know that they are (were) assholes. At the same time, I don't find acceptable for a boss to yell or touch confrontationally an employee. You wouldn't accept it either, if it was you.
I do believe this is character assassination by Bloomberg, and at the same time the only one who needs to grow the f@#$ up is Elon. And maybe you.

Bezos gets railed on constantly for Amazon working conditions. Maybe not by Bloomberg, but I've seen numerous articles. Jobs, too, had his fair share of "Look what an asshole this guy is" articles / stories.

The bears have cried wolf too many times, which caused people in an investor forum to be blind optimists. I’ve shared my skepticism here a few times and ive asked questions I “shouldn’t have” and people accused me as a paid troll or whatever. Because I suggest that Tesla should advertise? And that people that I run into don’t even know what a Tesla is... Lol. Some asked me to post my position, which I did, and then I was told that I photoshopped it. Okay. Might as well rename this thread to echo chamber.

echo chambers are what lead to "how did you not see that coming" and should be avoided at all costs.

I haven't bought an Apple product in all my life, so bring your cynism elsewhere.
If you actually read my post I did mention Bezos and Jobs, because I know that they are (were) assholes. At the same time, I don't find acceptable for a boss to yell or touch confrontationally an employee. You wouldn't accept it either, if it was you.
I do believe this is character assassination by Bloomberg, and at the same time the only one who needs to grow the f@#$ up is Elon. And maybe you.

Knowing how the last "Elon is a horrible, unstable person" story turned out**, and knowing who wrote this, you should duly keep your skeptic's hat on.

** - Remember, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Musk? About how Musk ran up to an employee who had just gotten a good performance review, chewed him out for a system defect and fired him on the spot - then later fired his manager - and how he's overly sensitive to bad smells? Remember that? And how after the article came out, other employees claimed that what actually happened was that said employee had decided to "fix" a problem with a forming system by increasing the resin temperature to make it flow better, but as a side effect causing it to outgas. To the point that they were receiving complaints, and one employee had to go to the doctors, but neither he nor his manager did anything about it despite the fact they were literally making people sick. But of course, "Fired person wants to badmouth the person who fired them" doesn't make for as good of an article title, now does it?

Speak of the hype cycle! Nice post, @ClimateOptimst.
Just need to keep our eyes on the prize and get through the next 3 months till what's likely to be a much better P&D report. By then GF3 will be on the cusp of adding tangible new capacity and perhaps they'll be expanding GF1 simultaneously here in the states. Growth story mojo will return pretty quickly as the various factors confluence over the course of the year...

Don’t necessarily disagree(I did cite size as the exception), but I think for many/most people the apparently superior charging capability, better efficiency, apparently better degradation of the battery so far, more foreword looking features(internal camera and landscape screen making it clear it’s better tailored for FSD), track mode, etc. would scare them off an S/X for now.

Don’t mean to disparage your purchase(congrats on that, btw), just saying that the level of advancement of the 3 vs the S/X makes it seem like most would want to wait for similar/better advancements in those.

The Model 3 has been out a while.

Have we had a single "F!re" report?

The Model 3 has been out a while.

Have we had a single "F!re" report?

Probably should ask the shorts. They once directed me to a burnt Model 3 in a salvage yard, but said salvage yard was in Fremont and the car had no mileage on it (e.g. clearly not a customer car, and the damage didn't look like a pack fire regardless)

Last edited: