Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Interesting viewing.

@ 11:30 into this video, Sandy mentions working with Fiat Chrysler on "other parts of Tesla" that he can't really talk about.

EDIT: It is hard to watch this video and not come out of it feeling incredibly good about what Tesla is doing. Everyone feeling unsure about TSLA should do themselves a favor and watch this video. Seriously.

Last edited:
People keep on repeating this point so I guess I have to quote myself and explain why I ordered a P100DL instead of an M3P a few weeks ago. More storage, more pull on higher speeds (eg when overtaking at 60-75 mph), HEPA filter (*really* can't stand the smell of exhaust fumes), better winter equipment (eg heated wipers, door handles that push through ice) and better sound isolation. I also prefer the exterior look of the car - which is of course subjective.

And finally, I wanted a car that no ice vehicle can match. Performance wise, a P100DL puts to shame almost any ice muscle car in existence and also takes the family on a holiday safely. There's nothing like it.

Do you disagree with these points regarding M3P vs top-end S?

I would also add, for me, I wanted aluminum because I hate the sight of rust. High end cars should have zero rust. Rust is like cancer!

• Funny
Reactions: oneday
So, Options 101: Learned Lesson #3

- If your broker has an auto-sell facility, you may want to understand when it's triggered and how to disable it

So what happened today was that I put a buy order during pre-market for $272.5 strike and got it for $1.20 - seemed obvious to me that $TSLA would trade up today, and I was right. I figured that we'd gravitate to Max Pain and decided to leave the call to close and pocket the $250 was my best bet.

Imagine my surprise when at 17:13 local time, that's what 11:13 NYC?, I received a sell email for said option at the market rate of $1.65!!

So indeed my broker, unless you manually adapt it, sell calls on closure day at market value 17:00CET onwards.

At least I got $45 out of it, no wait, have to deduct the $20 buy and $20 sell fee = $15, still enough for a few beers...

...except that I still had the $307.5 call there from earlier in the week, which the also sold for $0.001 - with a $20 fee = net loss of $15 :mad:

OK, it's not much loss, but would have been a nice little profit otherwise, if only I had paid a bit more attention.

And how stupid to force a sell on a call which is totally outside the money, that's surely just a scam, to collect money from the unwary = me.

Anyway, I learned a hell of a lot in this short, turbulent week. Has been fun!

- If your broker has an auto-sell facility, you may want to understand when it's triggered and how to disable it

So what happened today was that I put a buy order during pre-market for $272.5 strike and got it for $1.20 - seemed obvious to me that $TSLA would trade up today, and I was right. I figured that we'd gravitate to Max Pain and decided to leave the call to close and pocket the $250 was my best bet.

Imagine my surprise when at 17:13 local time, that's what 11:13 NYC?, I received a sell email for said option at the market rate of $1.65!!

So indeed my broker, unless you manually adapt it, sell calls on closure day at market value 17:00CET onwards.

At least I got $45 out of it, no wait, have to deduct the $20 buy and $20 sell fee = $15, still enough for a few beers...

...except that I still had the $307.5 call there from earlier in the week, which the also sold for $0.001 - with a $20 fee = net loss of $15 :mad:

OK, it's not much loss, but would have been a nice little profit otherwise, if only I had paid a bit more attention.

And how stupid to force a sell on a call which is totally outside the money, that's surely just a scam, to collect money from the unwary = me.

$20 fees? What the hell.
You should use a real broker, like Interactive Broker.

Reactions: Antares Nebula

The brokers should've let the 0.001 option expire unless if it was in the money. That just speaks greed.

If you want to get into options, should sign up with better brokers. IB is so far the best. Lower options comissions makes a lot of the strategies viable.

I would also add, for me, I wanted aluminum because I hate the sight of rust. High end cars should have zero rust. Rust is like cancer!
So yeah I’m a owner of a 15’ P90DL 2 week now and loving it! I can now really understand the love and fanaticism you owners have.

I would never ever go back to dumb ICE cars.
32CD6963-A331-4776-AAE8-2AEA54BC6B33.jpeg

Been on the road going to the SpaceX launch, so getting caught up (kind of with heave skimming) at charging stops. Missed the dip yesterday. Another perfect buying opportunity!

SEC getting spanked: Priceless.
For those into the SpaceX launches, a neighbor of ours,a college kid now, has a nice app: Next Spaceflight

I recommend that people always give 5 stars when they think it deserved and just send feedback to the dev if they have issues. There are plenty of folks willing to give bad reviews or otherwise pour out their bile with no sensitivity to what it’s like to be on the receiving end.

Surprising that right wing news like fox is so supportive of tesla, they were respectable and just misinformed by all the FUD. It is also the first time i watch them talk about tesla so not sure if this has been like this before. The world is upside down with left wing news like cnbc trashing tsla all the time.

I did also notice that cnbc muzzled one of their ultra bear host last time when tasha was on. (though becky quick still ran with her bias) Suggesting an attitude change in mainstream news.

Whatever was done to put pressure on cnbc. Double that effort.

Ps. I hope i got my left and right correct. Always confuses the two.

It's weird - I too am on the left, but am continually disappointed by my "compatriots" hatred for Musk - generally either because they hate cars and love "old school" public transit, or because they hate billionaires. The fact that he's a "celebrity" amps up their inherent dislike to 11.

@ 11:30 into this video, Sandy mentions working with Fiat Chrysler on "other parts of Tesla" that he can't really talk about.

EDIT: It is hard to watch this video and not come out of it feeling incredibly good about what Tesla is doing. Everyone feeling unsure about TSLA should do themselves a favor and watch this video. Seriously.

Some more choice quotes from the Sandy Munro interview video @ ~21:30 talking about how many other carmakers are buying Sandy's Tesla teardowns and analyses, and being flabbergasted by "analysts" and their analyses of Tesla's costs.

Edit: @ ~26:00 discussing China electrification efforts and implications for gas/traditional automakers.

Last edited:
It's weird - I too am on the left, but am continually disappointed by my "compatriots" hatred for Musk - generally either because they hate cars and love "old school" public transit, or because they hate billionaires. The fact that he's a "celebrity" amps up their inherent dislike to 11.
Yeah, I don't get that as well. He's doing more for leftist causes than any other single person.

Yep. This ends all the bears' arguments on here and everywhere else -

@ 21:29 - "I've found a new source of pain....analysts talking about things...where do these guys get their ideas from or where they get their information from is beyond me. But I can tell you one thing for sure, they didn't tear apart one of these cars..."

Fox news and joe rogan makes me believe that the marketing campaign should start with the right wing demographics. Play on the traditional MAGA. I now believe that the truck might be the most important product for tesla.

Someone tell me something to make me feel better. I'm a ball of gloom right now.

Good news: you’re reliable! I hope that makes you feel better. I’ve made a lot of money using you as a reliable indicator of negative investor sentiment, and then betting against that investor sentiment. It’s worked well so far.

Now I just need to find someone on this forum to be a reliable indicator that sentiment has become too frothy. Now that TT007 is gone...

That said, no one should call you a troll— you’re just kinda emo. You’re a passionate Tesla owner, and you’ve correctly identified the most concerning part of the P/D report: S/X sales. I think you’ve overreacted to that concern, but everyone is different & we are all entitled to our opinions. My muted emotional response to events has been helpful for me as an investor.

Fox news and joe rogan makes me believe that the marketing campaign should start with the right wing demographics. Play on the traditional MAGA. I now believe that the truck might be the most important product for tesla.
Yes. It doesn't matter who drives it, it's one more tombstone in the ICE graveyard.