Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI for those who don't regularly watch the YouTube videos from the crew that files around the Austin Tesla factory. The Tesla train yard in Hutto is being expanded from the current two train loading docks to now have 6 docks. There is also work taking place in the field immediately next to the train loading area. Gonna be a lot of new Tesla's taking train trips in the very near future :)

Great way to cheaply move a great number of cars out of and back into Texas? Doing it by trailer would cost a lot more (and truck drivers are perhaps still hard to find).

They pretty need to state outright, they're planning on hitting 50% delivery growth for 2022. Otherwise the stock is going to be pummeled until we get some data showing they're on track for it.......so mid to late Nov
I'm betting they will say something like "We will still hit our guidance of 50% growth in productions, but might be a stretch to hit that in deliveries as we are unwinding the wave."

Hope Elon does not mention the war....

1666211815241.png

???

I haven’t looked this up so I have no idea to what he is referring. But I take it as a positive sign that he is Tweeting obscure tweets today.

EDIT: book published in 1709 about right of kings and rights of people. Like I said, obscure.

“The Voice of the People is the Voice of God”

My guess is this Tweet from Elon confirms his Twitter purchase, confirms his views on the collective consciousness, and confirms his views on censorship by Big Tech at the same time. How is that for a $44 Billion “Up Yours” to those trying to control the narrative. They need to unveil the 1st Tesla semi tonight just to help deliver Elon’s brass balls to the earnings call

I'm betting they will say something like "We will still hit our guidance of 50% growth in productions, but might be a stretch to hit that in deliveries as we are unwinding the wave."
And if they do, the stock will go down and be dead money for the next 1-2 months.

They need to project confidence, anything but and the market will punish right now.

Sure they did:

View attachment 865468

They paid down non-recourse debt. (to $2,335M from $3,086M)
With their big cash position and rising interest rates they now get $86M instead of around $26M interest income the previous 3 quarters. And by paying back debt their interest expenses are also going down from $126M a year ago to $53M now. So it makes sense to pay of their debt as much as possible.

revenue was below WS expectations

Lower than expected ASPs from the rampaging US dollar was a risk noted earlier, looks like that might have been the case.
It's kind of BS because when you take regulatory credits out of the equation (which WS always bitches about), 3rd qtr 22 handily beat 1st qtr 22.

And if they do, the stock will go down and be dead money for the next 1-2 months.

They need to project confidence, anything but and the market will punish right now.
The market has already punished plenty. A miss was priced in through the P and D. TSLA is down 30% in the past month, that is a percentage point a calendar day. If we had hit the numbers everyone here was guessing the SP would be up 30 points now in AH. As I write it is down 7.5 points.

Not saying it will skyrocket tomorrow, but SP will probably not be punished. Could be green based on what CC tells us.

I think it will just muck around where it is in the 210 to 220 range.

Then we get to stress about macros again. This is where we might get another leg down.

The stock is probably dead money the next one to two months regardless, short of FSD suddenly becoming spectacular.

"We continue to believe that battery supply chain constraints will be the main limiting factor to EV market growth in the medium and long terms." oh?
Would like some color on that in the CC.

"We continue to believe that battery supply chain constraints will be the main limiting factor to EV market growth in the medium and long terms." oh?
overlaying that with their statement from last earnings call that "in the first time of Tesla's history, battery supply is no longer a limiting factor", my read: Tesla sees themselves as one of the few (only?) players of actually being capable to fully execute against (and take advantage of) the impending growth of the EV market.

It's kind of BS because when you take regulatory credits out of the equation (which WS always bitches about), 3rd qtr 22 handily beat 1st qtr 22.

Yep, I noticed that as well. Technically Q3 beats Q1 pretty handily, if not for the reg credits.

Again it's all good long term, but the right now in our face numbers will probably not make Wall Street gleeful.

Yep, I noticed that as well. Technically Q3 beats Q1 pretty handily, if not for the reg credits.

Again it's all good long term, but the right now in our face numbers will probably not make Wall Street gleeful.
Missed expectations....sigh

Edit: More like didn't exceed expectations enough. Bucking fastards...

overlaying that with their statement from last earnings call that "in the first time of Tesla's history, battery supply is no longer a limiting factor", this means that Tesla sees themselves as one of the few (only?) players of actually being capable to fully execute against the impending growth of the market.
This.

"We continue to believe that battery supply chain constraints will be the main limiting factor to EV market growth in the medium and long terms."

Tesla is talking about EV market growth, not Tesla EV market growth. In other words: other EV makers/OEMs are not doing enough to support exponential growth like Tesla is doing, as explained on Battery Day and as will be explained further on Master Plan part 3:

- Tesla buys all batteries they can from existing suppliers, as much as they can make (Panasonic, CATL, ...)
- Tesla is trying to ramp 4680's as fast as possible.
- Tesla is possibly getting in to mining or at least setting up contracts with raw material suppliers.

Tesla is just saying in the Q3 update that the mission needs more batteries. And that even Tesla - with the best access to batteries in its future - will be supply constrained.

"Master Plan part 3 is about tonnage" - Elon