Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love it! And when I clicked on that link to Elon’s tweet I was actually able to scroll through all of the replies, and then all of Elon’s other tweets without Twitter blocking me after the first two or three because I don’t have a subscription and because the previous managers felt I would be safer and better informed if they censured blocked me from Elon’s content. Seems Elon is opening up free speech at the speed of Tesla and SpaceX.

Last edited:
The company formerly known as Facebook has dropped from #15 on the S&P 500 down to #25 this morning:

Zuck.jpg

Snatching de feet from the JAWS of META. :p

Meanwhile, TSLA's weight in the S&P 500 Index is back up to where it was last Wednesday morning, before Earnings.

Tesla, Inc. is not a kingdom, and Elon is not King. The Board of Director's nominates the CEO, and the shareholders of the company vote to approve or disapprove the appointment. Elon could no more "appoint a successor" than the President of the United States can appoint theirs. Its NOT THE PLACE of the CEO to appoint a sucessor.

This is just more Wall St. B.S. justification for an excuse to bash the share price (while they're grabbing retail shares). They have an endless supply of false narratives. When the last one ('overhang') has run its course, they roll out the next one ('succession'). Then they replay the oldies ('demand', 'safety', 'exec turnover', ad nauseam). Then its 'Telsa needs a Marketing Dept'. Brother.

Want to know when they're lying? When they want something from you. Its chronic on Wall St.
I don't disagree at all about Wall St. But with Elon's shares, and the shares of his family and friends, he's pretty close to being able to appoint whoever he wants.

You must not have read what I wrote.

I did not and am not suggesting he leave the CEO position. Not at all. I hope he stays as long as he wishes. I’m just suggesting he appoint a successor as a contingency plan if the unthinkable happens, and let that successor have a little more public leadership role to demonstrate to conservative institutions that Tesla runs just fine without Elon in the weeds on a day-to-day basis.
That has been Zach IMO and he has been doing great on the calls. I'm happy to have Elon let him take more of the spotlight.

Would be hilarious if Bezos has to rent space on Falcon 9's to launch his Starlink competition satellites...
It would be, and yet Elon was asked this very question at a Q&A I saw online with him, when he was interviewed about SpaceX (sorry, don't recall exactly where).
He stated with no qualms that they would launch competitors' satellites (he just said "other companies'") as he found it unlikely Starlink could every meet 100% of all global satellite needs by itself. I appreciated his big picture viewpoint there.
Sorry, OT for Tesla but all things Elon seem to get a pass, for at least a reply or two (hopefully not more).

(edited for typos and emphasis)

Last edited:
My dude - it takes foresight, benevolence, and fortitude to do such a thing just based on the Roadster.

Thanks. Except that I didn't put a lot of money into the stock. I put in a small amount (relative to my portfolio) so that I could feel that I was a part of this company. The amount was no big risk for me. I met a guy who put his whole retirement fund into TSLA. But at the time that was an extreme risk. One I was not willing to take. And I'd have had no income to live on.

I'm sure most of us do. Is this even worth stating? Are you thinking that TSLA will never exceed the ATH?

I'm old. I have to ask myself, "At what point do I move that money (a very small amount when I bought the stock, but a very large amount now) out of an investment that pays no dividends, and never will during my lifetime?" Had I sold at the high, and put it into bonds paying 5 or 6%, it would have increased my income in my old age.

Water under the bridge. I'm not selling now.

Seriously. How can this many investors be this bad at math?

Its not the math, its the derivatives. Options MMs aren't going to give retail any money when they can print unlimited shares for free (and with no consequences).

Then Put holders want to drive down the SP to force their contracts into the money. It'll all end one day, but right now we're in this rut. The negative news cycle is cheap to create when compared to the profits they make by being short.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-10-28.09-55.png

Shortzes and wedgies pushed the SP down to tag the 10-day Moving Average MA(10). Doing what it takes to keep the T/A traders short narrative alive, while waiting for the FED meeting in Nov.