Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greener days are ahead y'all...we hope at least :)

1666993610712.png

1666993641095.png

1666993662413.png

1666993680082.png

Just in case there are any lingering doubts about whether Elon may yet sell shares to fund the acquisition of Twitter, here's my logic for why that probability is near zero.

Now that the deal is closed, how many people are fully informed about the financing? Teams of accountants, lawyers, some large banks and investors, and their lawyers. Probably at least 100+ people? If that many people knew with 100% certainty that Elon still had to sell, we would see frontrunning on a scale we haven't seen in years.

Even though we had some capping today, I saw no evidence of frontrunning on that kind of scale. So I think it's safe to put the Twitter overhang to bed.

This has now been posted several times today, but it’s meaningless without explanation. What are we looking at? The number of shares these funds hold? If so, how many did they hold before?

If there was net buying it didn’t prevent us from reaching a new low for the year this week. So it doesn’t seem to have much predictive value.

So much cheering when we lagged the nasdaq. Elon 100% sold today. Not sure why? Maybe to confuse the front runners. The question is how much he has left to sell. You guys will be singing a different tune on Monday if it continues.

This has now been posted several times today, but it’s meaningless without explanation. What are we looking at? The number of shares these funds hold? If so, how many did they hold before?

If there was net buying it didn’t prevent us from reaching a new low for the year this week. So it doesn’t seem to have much predictive value.
Also you are right. That Twitter buying post is so useless. Not only does it not tell us how much they actually bought but for every share they bought another fund sold. It’s a zero sum game. O except for Elons selling. Tell me which funds buy elons shares because that’s new money.

Last edited:
Mary is petty.

The sweet irony of a CEO who eschews advertising for Tesla buying a company that depends on advertising.

I am not so sanguine about Musk being successful with Twitter. The customers are corporate ad buying departments and the users are the product.

That is not a dynamic that plays to Musk’s strengths.

Last edited:
They’ve been front running for the last 3 months. You must have been on vacation.

That's my point. If they were frontrunning on a vague idea of Elon selling, imagine the frontrunning we'd see if insiders leaked to them that they've seen the financing arrangements and they know with 100% certainty that he still needs to sell.

The ink on the deal is dry. The financing has been secured. Likely dozens of people have seen it. And the lack of a major market reaction is a good indicator that the Twitter overhang is dead.

I never thought about what happened to the horses!

People said, "No way can the fancy schmancy automobile replace horses, they cost more than a middle-class person can afford, we would need tens of thousands of new gas stations, thousands of miles of paved roads, multiple huge tire and inner tube manufacturers and oil wells and refineries all over the country. It will take many decades for the transition. A horse can just eat the grass in any old field. Where will people fuel up? This kind of infrastructure doesn't happen overnight. If it happens 80% in only 10 years, I'll eat my horse!"

Like that?

People said, "No way can the fancy schmancy automobile replace horses, they cost more than a middle-class person can afford, we would need tens of thousands of new gas stations, thousands of miles of paved roads, multiple huge tire and inner tube manufacturers and oil wells and refineries all over the country. It will take many decades for the transition. A horse can just eat the grass in any old field. Where will people fuel up? This kind of infrastructure doesn't happen overnight. If it happens 80% in only 10 years, I'll eat my horse!"

Like that?
There was a transition period when horse-ICE hybrid vehicles were in vogue:

1667002570300.png

That's my point. If they were frontrunning on a vague idea of Elon selling, imagine the frontrunning we'd see if insiders leaked to them that they've seen the financing arrangements and they know with 100% certainty that he still needs to sell.

The ink on the deal is dry. The financing has been secured. Likely dozens of people have seen it. And the lack of a major market reaction is a good indicator that the Twitter overhang is dead.
It's definetly dry and the deal is done. Where do you think Elon got the extra few billion from? Do you think there is a chance part of it was from a loan? If it was from a loan, do you think maybe he needs to repay the loan?

But the "Wall Street China Wall". There's no way through that wall is there?

The sweet irony of a CEO who eschews advertising for Tesla buying a company that depends on advertising.

I am not so sanguine about Musk being successful with Twitter. The customers are corporate ad buying departments and the users are the product.

That is not a dynamic that plays to Musk’s strengths.

Some folks seem unaware that Elon would not buy Twitter to run it the way it has been run. Big changes are coming to the service and the customer base.

It's definetly dry and the deal is done. Where do you think Elon got the extra few billion from? Do you think there is a chance part of it was from a loan? If it was from a loan, do you think maybe he needs to repay the loan?

What is your purpose of being here? It's difficult to take someone seriously who uses words like "definetly". But well done, you made break/brake look like a typo!