Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have 30 years to work ahead of me so seeing my portfolio collapse is not stressful because am working like never and am growing my work generated revenues however I understand the pain people who have retired and are 100% invested in TSLA suffer. I have learned a valuable lesson to deleverage and cash out a significant portion of the money needed for retirement. I will tell my grand kids with a frail voice « remember the covid tech bubble kids, when it burst we went down 90% and it took 30 years to recover the price of the shares I bought at $1250 »
Then my grand kids will remember me I have Alzheimer’s and that it took 3 years for the SP to recover and stop complaining to get attention.
Just remember to double down and tell them you had to walk uphill in the snow to get to a post office to mail a letter to buy the stock. Then walk back uphill to home, in the rain. Without shoes.

I know everyone here is aware of Rob's channel, but this is a good reminder. Go watch it, it will be good for you.

Also, maybe I missed it but I didn't realize that Tesla was proactively sending out these orientation session dates.
1667876686884.png
1667876706399.png

By 2028 there will be 20+ battery factories in the USA going that are the size of Reno. A couple will help feed Tesla. Most will feed competitors. I've lost count of all, was keeping track. There will be an explosion of capacity and competition and as Ford has shown Tesla is failing to meet demand and even the oldest OEM can exploit a gap in the market. My newly ordered Ford Lightning is just a simple work truck, all I wanted. Wish it had been a CT but could not wait 2 more years. It's actually a great design- easy to clean, roomy inside, space is fine. It's just not stainless steel. I wish it had a larger battery but that's about the only thing missing. Ok, take that back. Wish it had super charger network but I can even live without that.
Keep in mind Reno perhaps only supplies batteries for 1% of the worldwide vehicle market and more importantly this 20+ batteries will need to source the raw materials needed to ramp to their full capacity.

It is no accident Elon is talking about getting into mining.

We will have a saturated EV market when ICE sales are less than 5% of new vehicles, That might be as early as 2028, but 2030-2035 seems more likely.

The other reason I am confident about Tesla demand is work on the the up coming compact model. I don't think any other carmaker will be able to match the combination of specs, price and margins. This platform will be a group of high selling models.

The specs and margin of the Cybertruck and Semi will also be hard to match.

In the case of Cybertruck, i understand why some of buying a Ford or a Rivian, especially when a CT can't be purchased. And in part that is why I predict a steep drop in ICE market share at some stage, an average EV is often a better product than a good ICE.

Last edited:
This x100.

A CEO of a public company indeed has a duty to shareholders to act in the best interests of the company.

Alienating large parts of your global addressable market Is not in keeping with that duty.
He's just alienating super left leaning early adopters. And I get it, you really have to be super progressive to drop 6 figures on a car with zero charging network, barely any service centers, unproven ability for company to stay alive, and having multi year wait. There are not too many folks in this category and I see people here supported him can't even fathom at the thought that Elon is voting Republican.

I mean- he literally does

The CEO had a fiduciary duty owed to shareholders to act in their best interests.

You can certainly debate if what he's doing with twitter (or has done there in the past, or will do in the future) are in the best interests of Tesla shareholders or not-- but he owes that duty to the owners of Tesla nonetheless.

This x100.

A CEO of a public company indeed has a duty to shareholders to act in the best interests of the company.

Alienating large parts of your global addressable market Is not in keeping with that duty.
People laughed when Elon changed his title to Technoking...

He's just alienating super left leaning early adopters. And I get it, you really have to be super progressive to drop 6 figures on a car with zero charging network, barely any service centers, unproven ability for company to stay alive, and having multi year wait. There are not too many folks in this category and I see people here supported him can't even fathom at the thought that Elon is voting Republican.
In one of the other threads, someone (as well as I) made the point that the progressive left pushed Elon away by hissing and clawing rather than listen and try to ease concerns.

People tend to respond to kindness and Elon is no exception. Shoulda used the honey when you had that vinegar on hand because alienation goes both ways.

There will be a massive shareholder suit about this..mark my words.
Haha, and proves that Musk is selling more Teslas than ever to people you may or may not agree with?

I mean...Tesla is on the cusp of delivering almost as many cars in a Q than all of 2020...after buying twitter, after fighting with democrats, and after offering a horse to a non-existent flight attendant!

Has anyone got any clue what is going on? We went from $300 to $200 in a matter of three months. Is it all because of Twitter? If so, are we going to $100 from here, as the whole Twitter saga is not over.

In order for the SP to fall down to $100 by the end of Q4 of this year, we would need a PE of 25 to 28 or so, depending on where final Q4 revenues come in at.

Is that possible? In this market, certainly. I don't think its very likely our PE falls from 63 to 28 in a few months, but if the market environment gets much worse very fast I suppose it could happen.

As to what's going on with the TSLA price, yeah it seems out of whack to me. Macro pressures are pushing us down for sure, but the persistent downward pressures on TSLA do seem exaggerated even when compared to macro movements. I can only guess Elon's tweets and Twitter dealings are hurting TSLA, even though they shouldn't have any direct bearing on it.

This x100.

What you see as "Alienating large parts of your global addressable market", I see as fighting back against a political party that is acting against Tesla interest by: a. inserted anti-Tesla person into regulatory agency; b. dismissed Tesla as the EV leader repeatedly; c. tried to handout unfair subsidies to Tesla's competitors. It's entirely logical to argue what he's doing is actually in Tesla's best interest.

...Tesla has truly changed the game and some OEMs will rise to the challenge while others won't but it is clear Tesla won't be alone just a few years ahead.

It is clear Tesla will be alone just a few years ahead, if their genius AI developers keep up their current progress.

As I may have opined before, completed FSD will be another game-changer that no competitor will have unless they license the technology from Tesla. Such licensing will enhance Tesla's profits and cement Tesla's reputation as the leader in the automotive industry. Future projections that ignore this second great disruption are highly likely to be erroneous.

What you see as "Alienating large parts of your global addressable market", I see as fighting back against a political party that is acting against Tesla interest by: a. inserted anti-Tesla person into regulatory agency; b. dismissed Tesla as the EV leader repeatedly; c. tried to handout unfair subsidies to Tesla's competitors. It's entirely logical to argue what he's doing is actually in Tesla's best interest.
Giga Texas approved and built in record time(record time to US standards) while California forced Tesla to shut down during Covid and kept them shut down even though they were part of what was deemed as critical infrastructure. <--- real reason why Elon went red. California almost killed Tesla because it was not some cash printing machine that can sit idle with unlimited time. Can you imagine if it was shut down as long as Disneyland?

Giga Texas approved and built in record time(record time to US standards) while California forced Tesla to shut down during Covid and kept them shut down even though they were part of what was deemed as critical infrastructure. <--- real reason why Elon went red. California almost killed Tesla because it was not some cash printing machine that can sit idle with unlimited time. Can you imagine if it was shut down as long as Disneyland?
I keep saying he needs to pack up NUMMI and bring it all to Texas. No more half measures!