Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as already mentioned - 200 people a day for a month is a very good sample size.
No, it's not.

And even if you wanted to say that sample size is large enough (it's not anywhere close to larger enough), the real question to poll is "has your view of Elon must affected your decision to buy a Tesla over another EV?"

Because as has always been the case, value, convenience, and price always determine demand.......and no one beats Tesla in those regards. And this is before the IRA effects take hold that drop the price for consumers while at the same time adding margin to Tesla's bottom line which would then allow them to drop the price of the vehicles even more while maintaining 30% gross margins.

as already mentioned - 200 people a day for a month is a very good sample size.
The data is reported daily though. Not particularly useful IMO, even though I agree with the notion that Elon is not helping the company with this stuff. And no I don't care if he has always been this way or not, dynamics change.

That brings up an item on my wish list. Often, especially in the morning, I start my reading several pages back and I see posts that I would normally reply to, but don't because my reply would be way removed from the original post. It would be great to be able to have the option to change the view from chronological (as it is now) to conversational threading (Conversation threading - Wikipedia) so you respond directly to the question without going to the latest posts. Gmail has that capability as do others.

I realize it's probably not possible with the current software used for the site, but it sure would be convenient, especially if you're not up on the thread all the time.

JMHO
What you described is exactly how forum software works and has worked since the 1990s. Each forum is a collection of discussions. Each thread is a discussion topic. That allows users to choose which discussions they would like to participate in.

The issue is that many people here either do not understand this or simply prefer to use this single thread as a catch all discussion for everything.

The data is reported daily though. Not particularly useful IMO, even though I agree with the notion that Elon is not helping the company with this stuff. And no I don't care if he has always been this way or not, dynamics change.
You do know most polls are around 1000-2000 people total and they arent 1 day. Usually over a few days to a week.

What you described is exactly how forum software works and has worked since the 1990s. Each forum is a collection of discussions. Each thread is a discussion topic. That allows users to choose which discussions they would like to participate in.

The issue is that many people here either do not understand this or simply prefer to use this single thread as a catch all discussion for everything.
Fine with the catch all, but would love the option to view and post in conversational thread view.

Obviously no one knows for sure when FSD will do what's intended, but given what Tesla has accomplished over the last ten years, it's hard to imagine where they'll be in 2032. For example, my 2012 Model S had basic, not adaptive, cruise control. Now, my 2018 Model 3 literally drives itself. It's far from perfect, but it's pretty darn good, and THIS capability was developed since 2016 and the break-up with Mobile Eye.

I may be biased, but I question myself everyday if it's wise to have so much of my net worth in TSLA. That answer continues to be yes", not only because of what they've done with software, engineering, design and manufacturing to date, but what they plan to do in the future. Bottom line: Ten years is a LONG time in Tesla time, and as a long term investor...well...I have my popcorn ready.
^^^ This ^^^

Add in expo learning data volume and processing curves with Dojo ramping, I bet we're 1 hardware version from L3 next year, CT.
Could be around EasyStreets USA, possibly geofenced at first. Could do that now, and I bet Tesla knows where that is (lowest disengagement regions). I bet Chandler comes up (Waymos choice), and somewhere in Fla, or way up North but in the summer.

Job openings down.

Home buying down despite dip in rates.

Commodities.

I doubt we see 75bps, 50 at most. Chance of 25. (assuming the FED cares more about being right than being tough)
You do know most polls are around 1000-2000 people total and they arent 1 day. Usually over a few days to a week.
Getting into the weeds here but yes to the first part (assuming it's truly random which I doubt it is here). I didn't have access to the full article but this is a bunch of single day polls showing a trend right? Not just a single poll done over a month.

We would need to see the raw data to see if it's useful.

No, it's not.

And even if you wanted to say that sample size is large enough (it's not anywhere close to larger enough), the real question to poll is "has your view of Elon must affected your decision to buy a Tesla over another EV?"

Because as has always been the case, value, convenience, and price always determine demand.......and no one beats Tesla in those regards. And this is before the IRA effects take hold that drop the price for consumers while at the same time adding margin to Tesla's bottom line which would then allow them to drop the price of the vehicles even more while maintaining 30% gross margins.
You keep saying a sample size of 200 a day is not good, this is false. That is 1400 over a week and 6000 a month. plenty enough for a result with a few percentage points margin of error.

And no one was mentioning Demand. We were talking the results of a poll about Tesla favorability.

Think tailgate parties, beach gatherings and camping. It's useful to a lot more people who buy pickups than just construction workers.
So for these types of events I've been involved with, folks typically use:

- Portable/rechargeable BT speakers
- Portable/rechargeable PA/karaoke systems
- Battery powered lights
- Propane BBQs
- Propane stoves/lanterns

Are there specific often-used 120/240V applications for these sorts of events you are thinking of? I'm sure you could substitute a corded version of the above, but in my experience folks find the portability of the above much more convenient anyway. My guess is if you have one of those (DJ?), that's such a small segment, my point holds: it's not something used enough to justify it on the S3XY cars... makes sense for the truck.

And honestly, alomost all of these events have many (mostly?) trucks at them anyway, hence the common term "tailgating".

Good news

16E37683-5E31-41F0-9EB1-5B227303DB1F.jpeg