Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree with you, brother. Tesla needs to grow up and create an effective PR department. This is simply the cost of doing business for one of the biggest companies in the world. Elon does need to learn to delegate this function out. It would help to separate Tesla's corporate personality and identity from Elon Musk's.
Yes to all. And an important note, a professional public relations department’s job would be to establish and build relationships with auto and auto industry reporters, business reporters tasked with covering the industry etc, not just randos coming in over the transom.
Those relationships would allow the company to educate those reporters about not just the basics, but the nuances of TSLA, EVs whatever and the journalists would in turn have someone they could talk call when something comes up and talk with on background, a person at Tesla who could wave them off BS stories, or explain the real reasons why something that on surface looks bad, really isn’t.
There is honest value in that for shareholders.

Last edited:
I've been all in on Tesla for the past few years. Even after eliminating margins and deleveraging options, I put everything back into shares or less volatile options.

However, the past couple days I've sold off a third of my TSLA portfolio without putting it back. I'm planning to sell another third in the near future. It doesn't seem like the best time to sell, but I didn't think selling at 800 was great either when I needed to pay taxes.

I invested in TSLA because of Elon, and ironically am selling because of Elon. Being honest with myself, I would not invest with who Elon has become today. He's pursuing interests that are mostly irrelevant to the mission, and at worst detrimental to TSLA. He's becoming more "outspoken" with expressing his personal opinions on his bully pulpit.

Tesla is executing brilliantly. I can see it doubling or tripling. I can also see it going down to a PE of 30. If that happens, I'll buy again. If TSLA goes up, I'll be happy because I have enough to make it worthwhile.

I may not be able to buy my own mountain or island, but all I really need is enough. I'll be forever grateful for this forum because it's enabled a lifestyle over the past year that's far beyond anything I could have imagined.
Given Elon's track record, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for quite some time. As one of our members said (sorry, I can't recall who just now) "it's a knife fight".

Yes to all. And an important note, a professional public relations department’s job would be to establish and build relationships with auto and auto industry reporters, business reporters tasked with covering the industry etc, not just randos coming in over the transom.
Those relationships would allow the company to educate those reporters about not just the basics, but the nuances of TSLA, EVs whatever and the journalists would in turn have someone they could talk call when something comes up and talk with on background, a person at Tesla who could wave them off BS stories, or explain the real reasons why someone that on surface looks bad really isn’t.
That sounds good, but I doubt it will work because the media really only cares about ad revenue and Tesla doesn't give them any.

I've been all in on Tesla for the past few years. Even after eliminating margins and deleveraging options, I put everything back into shares or less volatile options.

However, the past couple days I've sold off a third of my TSLA portfolio without putting it back. I'm planning to sell another third in the near future. It doesn't seem like the best time to sell, but I didn't think selling at 800 was great either when I needed to pay taxes.

I invested in TSLA because of Elon, and ironically am selling because of Elon. Being honest with myself, I would not invest with who Elon has become today. He's pursuing interests that are mostly irrelevant to the mission, and at worst detrimental to TSLA. He's becoming more "outspoken" with expressing his personal opinions on his bully pulpit.

Tesla is executing brilliantly. I can see it doubling or tripling. I can also see it going down to a PE of 30. If that happens, I'll buy again. If TSLA goes up, I'll be happy because I have enough left in my portfolio to make it worthwhile.

I may not be able to buy my own mountain or island, but all I really need is enough. I'll be forever grateful for this forum because it's enabled a lifestyle over the past year that's far beyond anything I could have imagined.
Great post. Its been one heck of a ride that's for certain. I came to invest in Elon because of his noble mission in 2015, and until about 3 months ago I felt good. My brother who originally turned me on to Tesla back then, has started to call out Elon(in my face) for the things we all see and hear. Is that "noise"? Glad your investment has been a success, hopefully you hold on to a large chunk of Tesla and get to go back in soon.

What's another year or two when we've been in it for so long. HODL
Say it with me....
Cybertruck, Semi, Autobidder, FSD, Robo Taxi, Robot, Mega Packs, Dojo, Exo-Pod.....
Cybertruck, Semi, Autobidder, FSD, Robo Taxi, Robot, Mega Packs, Dojo, Exo-Pod.....
Model Y will be the world wide best selling vehicle in any class in a matter of months.

Although I could never speak for Buffet, it is not his style to get into companies run by people (person) who is a wildcard. It’s not all about valuation, corporate governance and stable leadership is important … it could be argued, tesla has neither.

Pains me to say as a long but I’m trying to be objective given the recent actions by Elon and inaction by the board.

Bargains are bargains

Tesla is executing brilliantly. I can see it doubling or tripling. I can also see it going down to a PE of 30. If that happens, I'll buy again. If TSLA goes up, I'll be happy because I have enough left in my portfolio to make it worthwhile.

All the best. Hope long term folks like you will come back at some point.
Really does feel like a lot of people with your feelings sold for similar reasons today -- 166M Vol just wow

That sounds good, but I doubt it will work because the media really only cares about ad revenue and Tesla doesn't give them any.
No, not faintly true. they have journalists assigned to many, many more topics and industries that don’t advertise. Sports teams don't, for example. That’s like a third of stories out there any given day.
Gotta fight the negligent kind of FUD with fact. The intentional kind out of say, certain shorts, that’s different.

Two thoughts:

1. Just wanted to leave this 2024 price target for Ark Invest on Tesla here for discussion (very few paths are straight, up, and to the right): Tesla Price Target: Tesla's Potential Trajectory During the Next Five Years

2. That'd increase market size for EV's quite a bit which Tesla is still a market leader for (market leaders ascribe 10-50% of the market generally)

The ARK link you posted is before both splits and has to be divided by 15 for every price target.

An updated post split URL would be ARK’s Expected Value For Tesla In 2026: $4,600 per Share and even that has to be divided by 3 because there was another split after that.

Last edited:
No, not faintly true. they have journalists assigned to many, many more topics and industries that don’t advertise. Sports teams don't, for example. That’s like a third of stories out there any given day.
Gotta fight the negligent kind of FUD with fact. The intentional kind out of say, certain shorts, that’s different.
Those industries don't advertise industry wide, so all are equal. Every other car manufacturer advertises except Tesla. Different ballgame.

Traditional automotive manufacturers are some of the biggest advertisers out there. Do you not think, with how much money they provide certain publications, that there might be some incentive to provide positive coverage to them. And less favourable coverage to their competitors who don't advertise (i.e. Tesla)?

The ARK link you posted is before both splits and has to be divided by 15 for every price target.

An updated post splits URL would be ARK’s Expected Value For Tesla In 2026: $4,600 per Share

Yeppers - In scenarios like these, with making an inflection point based decision, I like to look back on history to determine what exactly happened at other, different inflection points. The root goal is to get a "law of averages" or balanced perspective. Heck if I know what's going on, just trying to analyze in real-time.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Those relationships would allow the company to educate those reporters about not just the basics, but the nuances of TSLA, EVs whatever and the journalists would in turn have someone they could talk call when something comes up and talk with on background, a person at Tesla who could wave them off BS stories, or explain the real reasons why something that on surface looks bad, really isn’t.

I don't disagree, but I'm going to "devil's advocate" a counterargument here.

If you have a PR department for auto and auto industry reporters and business reporters to interact with, you then have an avenue for those same groups (or the sales departments in their businesses) to push and target you for spending advertising. When you then tell them that "Tesla doesn't spend on advertising", they will eventually reply back with something along the lines of "so you want us to write about you, but you don't want to help our business by advertising?". That then creates friction, friction which then . . . causes them to be less positive and truthful about what they write about you.

I'm 100% with you, I wish Tesla had a PR department to dispel the FUD and set records straight. Just . . . don't expect a lot of changes unless that PR department comes with an advertising budget to go along with it.

An updated post splits URL would be ARK’s Expected Value For Tesla In 2026: $4,600 per Share
I'd like to see who in this thread actually believes 40-70% of Tesla's 2026 net revenue will be robotaxis + ride-hailing with a human behind the wheel

This analysis is basically saying robotaxis are almost everything and human-driven ride hailing is everything that isn't robotaxis. I didn't even know Tesla was expecting revenue from the vehicles operating as taxis with an owner sitting in the driver's seat.

2026 Bear case is $67billion in net revenue from non-robotaxi taxi operation and $51billion from robotaxis

Well, I took a 3-month hiatus because I couldn’t keep my eyes open in this rollar coaster. I am now questioning everything. Sell it all and put in a long term savings account at 3.6% interest or just hold I guess and hope we don’t lose everything invested. 😪

Sell and take a loss? Why? Do you sleeping in a bed, with a roof over your head? You have food? Is your cell phone charged?

Better IMO to chalk this episode up to life experience. In January, you had FOMO and were buying as fast as you could. Now that the SP has been cut by 60%, you question yourself and your resolve.

This is the emotional response the Hedgies try to evoke from retail investors. That's how they steal your $$$. Never underestimate the dark side.

My advice is, if you're young, healthy, employed and patient, you can still profit from this situation. But you're not the only person here today saying that they won't buy more at this bottom. DCA is the way forward, with money you can afford to be without for a number of years. And dear God, avoid MARGERINE!

Paging @StealthP3D for the color.

Cheers!

Adjusted for inflation we’re almost at +8 % today. So… I’ll continue my gif making and chill out on this board. In months like these we need a little laugh now and then. That’s my way of thinking at least. And yes, I’m keeping all of my TSLA shares. The path is clear - Tesla is gonna rock the world and it’s just a matter of a few years before everybody will know. It’s an opportunity for investors to say the least. Neither investment advise, nor sarcastic ☺️ for once 😉
Is everyone in Denmark as chilled as you? If so I'm going to have a fun time when I visit Copenhagen at the weekend :)