Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is everyone in Denmark as chilled as you? If so I'm going to have a fun time when I visit Copenhagen at the weekend :)

OT - but it’s for the greater good 😉

Nobody - even in Denmark - has the same amount of chillness as I do 😅

That said - Danes are in general big fans of irony and sarcasm. And Copenhagen is a wonderful city. Been living here for the last 12 years. Reach out in DM if you need any recommendations.

But be prepared. It’s winter in Scandinavia - Scandinavian winter is cold ❄️❄️❄️ Enjoy your stay 😁

I've been all in on Tesla for the past few years. Even after eliminating margins and deleveraging options, I put everything back into shares or less volatile options.

However, the past couple days I've sold off a third of my TSLA portfolio without putting it back. I'm planning to sell another third in the near future. It doesn't seem like the best time to sell, but I didn't think selling at 800 was great either when I needed to pay taxes.

I invested in TSLA because of Elon, and ironically am selling because of Elon. Being honest with myself, I would not invest with who Elon has become today. He's pursuing interests that are mostly irrelevant to the mission, and at worst detrimental to TSLA. He's becoming more "outspoken" with expressing his personal opinions on his bully pulpit.

Tesla is executing brilliantly. I can see it doubling or tripling. I can also see it going down to a PE of 30. If that happens, I'll buy again. If TSLA goes up, I'll be happy because I have enough left in my portfolio to make it worthwhile.

I may not be able to buy my own mountain or island, but all I really need is enough. I'll be forever grateful for this forum because it's enabled a lifestyle over the past year that's far beyond anything I could have imagined.

Good post. I'm not selling my shares, but at this point I completely understand how some investors are choosing to.

TSLA seems to be cancerous and stuck in a never ending downward spiral, and it seems like no good news or record quarters can break us out of this rut. Many people think Q4 ER will snap us out, I'm not so certain Q4 will break the trend.

I'm hoping time will break us out. Time to let Elon settle down, time to let the "bird thing we don't speak of" fade a bit. Time to let the macros improve which hopefully lifts TSLA up along with it. Time to maybe allow the BoD to address this nosedive and do something to improve the situation.

I'm fearful too much brand damage has been done. I'm fearful TSLA is nigh un-investable now for the big institutional investors who want nothing to do with a company which has an unpredictable, distracted, and political CEO running things. I'm fearful Wall Street has a death grip on TSLA and will beat it into the ground without mercy due to said lack of big investors. A PE of 25 in 2023? I'm fearful this is a real possibility.

I'm not selling, I'm nearly all in and holding LONG and hoping things improve. But then I have made lots of bad investing decisions in my life too. I think selling today would be a decision I'd later regret, but then maybe holding through this downward spiral is the actual bad decision?

Time will tell.... 😔

OT - but it’s for the greater good 😉

Nobody - even in Denmark - has the same amount of chillness as I do 😅

That said - Danes are in general big fans of irony and sarcasm. And Copenhagen is a wonderful city. Been living here for the last 12 years. Reach out in DM if you need any recommendations.

But be prepared. It’s winter in Scandinavia - Scandinavian winter is cold ❄️❄️❄️ Enjoy your stay 😁
It's colder in Liverpool right now... but be sure to take out a second mortgage to pay for the beers...

I'd like to see who in this thread actually believes 40-70% of Tesla's 2026 net revenue will be robotaxis + ride-hailing with a human behind the wheel

This analysis is basically saying robotaxis are almost everything and human-driven ride hailing is everything that isn't robotaxis. I didn't even know Tesla was expecting revenue from the vehicles operating as taxis with an owner sitting in the driver's seat.

2026 Bear case is $67billion in net revenue from non-robotaxi taxi operation and $51billion from robotaxis

I'm not there.

They seem to be ignoring Tesla Energy and Tesla AI (Optimus Subprime at the time of that piece being published was just Grimes in a suit dancing as far as they knew).

If you assume no significant Tesla AI profits from hosting or humanoid robots is fair for 2026; they still left out the obvious Solar PV, Powerwall, Megapack, Virtual Power Plant and those should be a noticeable chunk of profits by 2026.

I'd be taking their bear case for robotaxi's and pairing it with a bull case for Tesla Energy to make a more balanced Bull profile. Then lower the robotaxi numbers further to make a new bear case.

Our Trojan completely missed that Tesla Shanghai sent a 'RoRo' car carrier for the China market last week (Guangzhou, I think). Those ships carry 3K cars. 13k + 3k is 16k That's why the 'weekly insured data' appeared low.

But @Troy didn't think about this. :p

【Dec.08.2022】Tesla clears inventory at Shanghai Port \Giga shanghai\4K \496 | Wu Wa on Youtube
I'm not following why Troy insists that Tesla will cut production in the last week of this month. I saw news from Reuters and Bloomberg last week but has there anything been confirmed? I must miss something.

Adjusted for inflation we’re almost at +8 % today. So… I’ll continue my gif making and chill out on this board. In months like these we need a little laugh now and then. That’s my way of thinking at least. And yes, I’m keeping all of my TSLA shares. The path is clear - Tesla is gonna rock the world and it’s just a matter of a few years before everybody will know. It’s an opportunity for investors to say the least. Neither investment advise, nor sarcastic ☺️ for once 😉
But what am I supposed to do with your coat?

Good post. I'm not selling my shares, but at this point I completely understand how some investors are choosing to.

TSLA seems to be cancerous and stuck in a never ending downward spiral, and it seems like no good news or record quarters can break us out of this rut. Many people think Q4 ER will snap us out, I'm not so certain Q4 will break the trend.

I'm hoping time will break us out. Time to let Elon settle down, time to let the "bird thing we don't speak of" fade a bit. Time to let the macros improve which hopefully lifts TSLA up along with it. Time to maybe allow the BoD to address this nosedive and do something to improve the situation.

I'm fearful too much brand damage has been done. I'm fearful TSLA is nigh un-investable now for the big institutional investors who want nothing to do with a company which has an unpredictable, distracted, and political CEO running things. I'm fearful Wall Street has a death grip on TSLA and will beat it into the ground without mercy due to said lack of big investors. A PE of 25 in 2023? I'm fearful this is a real possibility.

I'm not selling, I'm nearly all in and holding LONG and hoping things improve. But then I have made lots of bad investing decisions in my life too. I think selling today would be a decision I'd later regret, but then maybe holding through this downward spiral is the actual bad decision?

Time will tell.... 😔
We start seeing articles like this: Tesla stock is trading at its ‘cheapest valuation’ in years, Wedbush’s Dan Ives says

“Ives — a former Tesla bull who made headlines in mid-November for removing the EV maker's stock from Wedbush's best ideas list — isn't too far off on Tesla's stock being noticeably cheap relative to historical norms.”

Which reminds me of this:
“The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.“

We’re at a point where Wall Street has more to gain on the upside than on the downside.

At this point, the above is no secret and not surprising. However, I'd like to see the articles where Tesla demand is increasing among the new crowd Elon is courting. Are there? Can someone post them? Legitimately asking and not sarcastic.

My advice is, if you're young, healthy, employed and patient, you can still profit from this situation. But you're not the only person here today saying that they won't buy more at this bottom. DCA is the way forward, with money you can afford to be without for a number of years. And dear God, avoid MARGERINE!
But...but...it tastes so good ......at first.

Time will tell.... 😔
Well this ain't our first rodeo... but right now it feel like it could be the last... oh the fear!

The problem is TSLA's straight decline and disconnect from the macro since November has absolutely nothing to do with macro - it's intentional short pressure, contrary to the macro environment, just like today which should have given TSLA a big boost, but the opposite happened thanks to institutional short sellers/short hedge funds.
Today was an odd day and much different than the last bullish cpi print from NOV. Losing a 8-10% gain today for many companies was common today.

There are always interminable corruption and conspiracy stories circulating when TSLA is getting clobbered yet they evaporate when it’s on a tear.

Are the market forces uniformly malevolent or do they hop on board when the stock is doubling?

I’m curious because the market manipulation excuse is more closely associated with TSLA than any other stock I’ve traded.
Here’s another conspiracy story. Let me know what you think of it.

A poster named @mach-edriver has arrived to this forum touting the Mach-E, posting a barrage of FUD and vitriol in the Twitter thread, claims to have no investment position in TSLA until today and then mysteriously decides to also start posting FUD in the main thread. I think @mach-edriver is a troll along with several other trolls who have inexplicably appeared on the TMC investment forum in recent months.