Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She and her husband have held TSLA positions for quite some time. There is an account on another app that tracks all of her stock moves so that retail investors can copy her moves, and indirectly benefit from the Congress's insider trading
It's only called insider trading when done by people inside corporate America do it.

When government officials do it, it's called Freedom-investing.

Last edited:
No rush, GM and Ford aren't going to qualify for it regardless. Why would they hurry when there is only downside for connected lobbyists?

EDIT: Imagine the frustration of all the people who delayed their orders until January or who planned purchases in the 1st quarter with the expectation this would be in place.

Haha, that last 30 mins was super disappointing. Even with macro's rallying, TSLA couldn't get back above 150. I suspect we're going to be really annoyed with the stock action tomorrow 🥴
Gonna take something major to change it that's for sure... perhaps Elon's anointment of a new front person?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I have no clue how to reconcile that last paragraph in that Reuter's article. "The department noted that under the law the critical mineral and battery component requirements take effect only after Treasury issues that proposed rule".

How can say for an example a Model Y that gets sold in Jan or Feb not get the full credit when the credit is not a spot-sale credit and instead a credit you get later when you file your taxes? How does that make any sense when a tax credit is based on during the entire tax year?

Many analysts would like to be a wolf, but the share price hypnotizes them into being a sheep.

It is far easier for us to stick to our convictions and follow the fundamentals, we don't have nervous clients questioning why our opinion differs from the market.

Almost all analysts are nothing more than tools of manipulators and the sooner one realizes that the sooner they can stop wasting their time listening to their ridiculous releases. They don't work for you for free, their clients are not even retail investors, they are the marks. Anyone who doesn't understand this is naive.

True, they have to pretend to offer some value, so they don't become irrelevant, but pretending in this game is not good enough. Even if they are able to add some clarity occasionally, the overall effect of the timing of their moves is to give an edge to Wall Street insiders who are in the club. It has nothing to do with being hypnotized by the share price and everything to do with trying to hypnotize you.

When was the last time you saw a brokerage analyst that required you to be a client to read their analyses? Or that charged a subscription fee instead of broadcasting their latest call far and wide over the newswire? They do it because they have big hearts and love to help out mom and pop investors free of charge. /s

What is it about this dynamic that cause people to be outsmarted by jellyfish?

The media and elected officials on both sides of the aisle expressing concern over Elon and Twitter just means they are getting real concerned they are about to get caught with their hands in the cookie jar IMO. I take this tweet as a sign that there has been at least some longer-term value to this rough and bumpy ride the last few months
Don’t you think it’s a good sign that finally someone is lighting a fire under the boards lower back? I applaud this. Doesn’t imply I like her (classical Washington establishment).

Actual text from Reuters:

WASHINGTON, Dec 19 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department said Monday it will issue proposed guidance for critical minerals and battery components requirements in March - a key component of the $7,500 electric vehicle tax credit overhauled by Congress.

That decision means electric vehicles that are not in compliance with battery sourcing rules could be eligible for $7,500 tax credits sometime in March. The Treasury also said it will by Dec. 31 "release information on the anticipated direction of the critical mineral and battery component requirements that vehicles must meet to qualify for tax incentives."

The department noted that under the law "the critical mineral and battery component requirements take effect only after Treasury issues that proposed rule." General Motors Co (GM.N) and Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) vehicles again become eligible for EV tax credits on Jan. 1 after Congress in August lifted the per-manufacturer cap on EV tax incentives.

This last bit is confusing to me.

The department noted that under the law "the critical mineral and battery component requirements take effect only after Treasury issues that proposed rule." General Motors Co (NYSE:GM) and Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) Inc vehicles again become eligible for EV tax credits on Jan. 1 after Congress in August lifted the per-manufacturer cap on EV tax incentives.
Does this mean that requirement is waved during the 1st quarter so everyone gets it or does it mean nobody will be able to collect the incentives based on the critical mineral components clause?

Either interpretation benefits GM and Ford who don't qualify regardless. It's just a matter of whether their customers get a boon until the IRS finalizes it or Tesla customers get screwed.

I have no clue how to reconcile that last paragraph in that Reuter's article. "The department noted that under the law the critical mineral and battery component requirements take effect only after Treasury issues that proposed rule".

How can say for an example a Model Y that gets sold in Jan or Feb not get the full credit when the credit is not a spot-sale credit and instead a credit you get later when you file your taxes? How does that make any sense when a tax credit is based on during the entire tax year?
Perhaps we should wait for additional information from a more reliable source.

16 billion people familiar with the issue have informed me that Reuters isn't reliable.

The department noted that under the law "the critical mineral and battery component requirements take effect only after Treasury issues that proposed rule." General Motors Co (GM.N) and Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) vehicles again become eligible for EV tax credits on Jan. 1 after Congress in August lifted the per-manufacturer cap on EV tax incentives.

That's... an interesting Interpretation...
Not sure it works that way...
They are going by this:
B) APPLICABLE PERCENTAGE.—For purposes of subparagraph (A), the applicable percentage shall be— ‘‘(i) in the case of a vehicle placed in service after the date on which the proposed guidance described in paragraph (3)(B) is issued by the Secretary and before January 1, 2024, 40 percent,
But not this:
(3) REGULATIONS AND GUIDANCE.—
(A)...
‘‘(B) DEADLINE FOR PROPOSED GUIDANCE.—Not later than December 31, 2022, the Secretary shall issue proposed guidance with respect to the requirements under this subsection.’’.

I think its the others way around: all EVs that meet the IRA requirements (other than the critical mineral & battery component requirements - which are yet to be defined) will get the full subsidy on Jan 1st.

Cnbc again with a pro-Tsla piece. Steve Westly, former Tesla board member, just on with positive Tesla view. Confirms, in his opinion, Elon stepping away from Tw is a good thing and emphasizing Tesla's dominance in the EV sector and solid company standing.
Sounds like “That’s a nice company there, be a shame if x didn’t do y.” if I ever heard one.

Reactions: Rarity