Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is for a 2018 inventory car. 2019 P100D with 21 inch wheels is $113k + taxes/fees. A 30K discount for a one year old inventory car with 2K miles is to be expected. Who would buy a one year old car for the price of a 2019? FYI, a 2019 Performance Model S is only $5k cheaper than it was in 2015 when I bought mine, despite what is certainly less expensive to manufacture. So margins are as good or better today than they were 4 years ago.
P100D was like $140k 6 months ago.

I've seen the idea floated that somehow if only Tesla created ride-share people with premium cars (whether 100k or 50k) would be very eager to become taxi drivers. May be we should create a poll here - but I find it very unlikely that more than a handful of people want to do something like that.

Well, If they bring back the roadster referral giveaway, driving for uber might generate 3 or 4 roadsters a year !

• Funny
Reactions: Donatas and EVNow
Do you believe Tesla is production constrained in the US ? Certainly not with respect to the S/X. Tesla could advertise and burnish the image of the S/X, rather than letting their marquee models die without a refresh or advertising.

I push Tesla to friends all the time in the Midwest and its a tough sell. You do not see Teslas here like on the coasts. Advertising is very important and effective in creating a brand image (combating FUD) and creating demand with mainstream consumers.
It's true. Here in Wisconsin, some people are curious about Tesla's but not to the point where many are buying them. I've seen a few more on the streets since I bought my 85D model S in 2015, but they certainly haven't taken off here like BMW/Mercedes/Lexus.

• Informative
Reactions: sundaymorning
After that rocket display, you’re going to question this guy and his team’s ability to transition us to EVs?

Get off my lawn!
I've to wonder how tslaq squares their Elon is a fraud thesis with Space-X obvious achievements. Are they into CGI theories (and probably moon landing was faked to be consistent).

Chanos' face does look like you'd need a Falcon Heavy in order to fully study it's topography.
Chanos looks much happier eating
giphy (50).gif

I've to wonder how tslaq squares their Elon is a fraud thesis with Space-X obvious achievements. Are they into CGI theories (and probably moon landing was faked to be consistent).

From what I’ve seen, they started off saying none of SpaceX’s stuff was all that great. That, of course, didn’t stick, so they moved on to claiming that he’s just a puppet figurehead and it’s other people doing all the cool stuff.

It's true. Here in Wisconsin, some people are curious about Tesla's but not to the point where many are buying them. I've seen a few more on the streets since I bought my 85D model S in 2015, but they certainly haven't taken off here like BMW/Mercedes/Lexus.

They're everywhere in Madison to the point where I see ~10 a day.

Thanks! Wow, I had forgotten all those details. Did you have this stuff written down or do you have that good a memory?

Memory like a steel trap, especially if I’m just wanting to hang onto the generalities. I have to concentrate a bit if I want to keep ahold of specifics like dates/numbers/names in the memory banks. I usually don’t do the latter. People already find my memory annoying.

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen, they started off saying none of SpaceX’s stuff was all that great. That, of course, didn’t stick, so they moved on to claiming that he’s just a puppet figurehead and it’s other people doing all the cool stuff.
But the whole cave rescue thing was belittling the spacex by saying how the sub was stupid. Of course they missed that technology is not always fancy buttons on nice dashboards, it is solving basic hardcore problems first and then making it fancy. That is why Tesla cars are not known for leather stitches or fancy buttons.

Reactions: M|S|W
They also list the dates for the reports to which they were originally attached. @brian45011 spelled it out before.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/999999999719000687/filename1.pdf
Clearly lists the date which is for the 10K filed on Feb. 19, 2019. It is likely that Tesla and FCA entered into an agreement that they will form the pool which was formally created 6 days later. In fact it would be surprising if the agreement between the companies to form the pool did not come before the actual forming of the pool. So keep on spinning.

Also it is most likely that FCA insisted upon confidentiality of the agreement because they don't want other car makers to also pool with Tesla while having definitive knowledge of the price FCA paid.