Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But how much was the price difference between the new AWD and old LR ? All else equal? 2-3k? With AP of course.

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 11.40.09 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Which is why they are bundling Autopilot with every Tesla model except the SR. That's genial, because Autopilot take rate is around 90% in community surveys.

where are you getting this information? the letter i see says "All Tesla vehicles now come with Autopilot bundled as a standard feature for less than the prior cost of the option."

Maybe the word "all" has some alternate meaning that i'm not aware of?

Tesla coming to grips that they can’t make profit on a $35k car.

Poor execution.

Sorry, bad logic, the more plausible reason is that SR+ is 85%+ of the orders:

"Since then, Standard Plus has sold at more than six times the rate of Standard, far exceeding our expectations."​

They also have more orders than they can fulfill, so they don't want lower margin SR sales to crowd out higher margin SR+ sales.

IMO either the SR Model 3 is now the only product they are willing to sell without Autopilot, or its price has been raised to $37k. There's no way they'd be throwing Autopilot in for free on their lowest-margin vehicle.
Can't it be included, just not activated unless the buyer upgrades to SR+ at a later time?

I just can't see them raising the 35K price so soon. I mean that's always been the promise. The sugar would hit the fan if that goes away, at least by the FUD bearers.

Reactions: Mader Levap
Tesla cracks me up. Does anyone really think the Tesla Network will be up and running in the next 3 years?

I'm really curious about the Autonomy day, but I feel like it's going to be a disappointment, i.e. "we stop at stoplights and stop signs!"

Neural nets aren't good enough percentage-wise to be dependable for FSD yet and getting an extra 5% in accuracy may not be possible...

where are you getting this information? the letter i see says "All Tesla vehicles now come with Autopilot bundled as a standard feature for less than the prior cost of the option."

Maybe the word "all" has some alternate meaning that i'm not aware of?

You are right, Autopilot is not excluded:

"Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats). "​

Plus they cited Autopilot as a safety feature, and they always bundled those.

I've deleted my comment, it's wrong.

Tesla cracks me up. Does anyone really think the Tesla Network will be up and running in the next 3 years?

I'm really curious about the Autonomy day, but I feel like it's going to be a disappointment, i.e. "we stop at stoplights and stop signs!"

Neural nets aren't good enough percentage-wise to be dependable for FSD yet and getting an extra 5% in accuracy may not be possible...
Tesla can obviously start to get their ride sharing software ready and may start with manned Teslas first. Similar to Waymo's with a backup driver in the car.

Last edited: