Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That day wasn't the ATH. That was the previous day, 2020-02-04 at 903.4M (split adjusted 15:1)

View attachment 900187

Missed it by that much...

3gkmbj.png

I guess this should go in some political thread, but it's not Twitter at least. To be fair, not many people get an audience with both congressional leaders.

Should be fine here especially since you’re not adding an op ed or using it to beat a dead horse.

Four seats on Tesla's BoD are up for re-election in May: Elon, Robyn Denholm, Hiro Mizuno and Joe Gebbia. Alexandra Merz has put together a great writeup on all Board members and their responsibilities.

Model 3 SR+ base now can be leased for 399/month after 4500 down.
This is a nice move. Remember Tesla keeps the $7500 tax credit on every vehicle they lease in the US since Jan 1 including S3X and Y. There is no price limits and no battery mineral requirements so this will not potentially reduce in March as the credit that comes when purchasing a car. Also no income limits on the leases.

I never heard of Lightyear 0... how many EV startups are there? Impressive cost reduction plans!

"The Lightyear 0 was priced at about $300,000 and meant to be produced in limited quantities. The Lightyear 2, however, is far cheaper, at about $40,000, allowing for mass production. The company says it will offer up to 500 miles of driving ranges and come with solar cells, which should net up to 44 miles on sunny days. However, it has yet to release full images of the model."

Assuming 4-5 miles pr KWh (pretty efficient) and 30% efficient cells (also pretty efficient), using the typical 5 hrs worth of full generation per day, that's 2kW of solar. That means a bit more than 6m^2 of cell surface area. That's a lot for a car... or there's some other factor I'm unaware of...

Last edited:
Assuming 4-5 miles pr KWh (pretty efficient) and 30% efficient cells (also pretty efficient), using the typical 5 hrs worth of full generation per day, that's 2kW of solar That means a bit more than 6m^2 of cell surface area. That's a lot for a car... or there's some other factor I'm unaware of...
IDK, 250K buys a lot of electricity and spare cars when you compare to a Model 3.

A close up of the Tesla Semi battery pack. Doesn’t seem like 4680s and structural packs are really a big piece of the Tesla Semi game plan. I’m sure if they need cells they can plug them in, but this seems like a pretty obvious candidate for soaking up their supply of 2170 cells for a long time to come.

Heck, looking at it, it’s likely extremely adaptable to lots of different cell types. It’s just bunch of boxes of cells. Also looks almost like you could unbolt them and replace them eventually.

Looks almost as bulky as the Hummer battery pack. With roughly 4x the capacity.

View attachment 899571
So this graphic that was tweeted seems to depict 9 modules in a 3x3 grid:

1674795635528.png

The picture from the post above has at least 2 rows visible, but given the apparently wider "center" modules and lack if any indication of a 3rd row, are we seeing a 2x4 arrangement?

1674624466600-png.899571