Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
..sued for what, exactly?

It's not illegal to have a branded car show up in a commercial for something else (even another car! so long as the commercial is truthful), and there's nothing negative or slanderous about the car in the commercial (on the contrary the only references are that it is "a nice ride" and "electric")

More likely whoever was cleaning up the content of the advertisement just thought they'd make the side of the car look "cleaner" in an aesthetic sense by removing that stuff. I certainly can't think of ANY legal concern doing so would address.
I find it an interesting choice — Popeye must think the mention of “electric” and the look of the car bring them pizzazz. Wonder what % of viewers will notice the car enough to register a likely brand?

Reactions: ThisStockGood
Can't believe they're not actually. If so, big omission, hard to believe Elon allowed that to happen, especially in a place where Sunshine abounds. But I don't think it's necessary for Tesla or Boring to buy the company in order to make it happen.

Would be convenient for building structures on Mars though!
@Gigapress has posted on this before. Perhaps he will weigh in - if not, Boxabl is doing something very (statedly and intentionally) Tesla-like with mass manufacturing homes. The last video I saw from them (at a Las Vegas tradeshow) exhibited their 2-story (!) premade home (that fits on a Semi, not wide load - design requirement). But the Boxabl company line at that time was that they don't have a way to make solar work right now. My impression, from very little verbiage in the video, is that they want to achieve Net 0 or it's not worth doing, and they can't achieve that with existing solar solutions and their current houses.
YIMV (your interpretation may vary)

Well it's even more plentiful now!

But you're right, refining is currently the big issue, that's why Tesla may be building or acquiring a refinery. With their newly discovered Lithium, it sounds like a great opportunity for India!
I have not heard any updates on the Corpus Christi, TX Lithium refinery in a while. Are there any Corpus folks or Padre Islanders around who might have more local insight? (Edit: my best guess would be they are in permitting hell, but more accurate info appreciated)

Reactions: wipster
I thought that Lithium was plentiful? It's refining that's expensive and time consuming.
5.9-million ton reserve of lithium has been discovered in J&K, India. "Against the normal grade of 220 parts per million (PPM), the lithium found in J&K is of 500 ppm-plus grading."

Put's it in the light that it's not just there, but it's going to be easier to harvest/refine.

I find it an interesting choice — Popeye must think the mention of “electric” and the look of the car bring them pizzazz. Wonder what % of viewers will notice the car enough to register a likely brand?
“Electric Vehicle” and Tesla are synonymous to most people. Having the vehicle be Tesla shaped just confirms that.

5.9-million ton reserve of lithium has been discovered in J&K, India. "Against the normal grade of 220 parts per million (PPM), the lithium found in J&K is of 500 ppm-plus grading."

Put's it in the light that it's not just there, but it's going to be easier to harvest/refine.
Maybe cheaper CapEx wise vs easier?
It will have twice the yield per ton, but the processing doesn't seem like it will be much different. They could theoretically use a smaller plant for the same output.

• Informative
Reactions: MC3OZ and wipster
Maybe cheaper CapEx wise vs easier?
It will have twice the yield per ton, but the processing doesn't seem like it will be much different. They could theoretically use a smaller plant for the same output.
Less digging for the same output, less material hauled from the dig to the refinery (less trucks or less energy/fuel to haul it). Even if the refinery is on site you still have to haul it around the site. If it's off site then the transportation is an even bigger factor.

They are talking ppm so it's mostly just waste material but depending on how high above 500 it is vs 220 being the standard it's gotta be easier all the way around.

Because at the other end you have to haul away the waste material, considerably less waste to haul away if that ratio is more favorable.

Meanwhile, all new housing in Arizona must find 100 yrs of water, so I'm not sure they'll even get to solving power with these utilities here. Maybe with our new Governor, we'll see... I heard that she participated in exposing the water issue recently in Buckeye. The entire development is on hold now. And Scottsdale just shut off water to a pretty big chuck of housing to the North of it. I feel like about 50 other shoes are gonna drop soon. Water rights are gonna look like Wall Street with options and leveraging. The rights are based on first come first served (shares), then conditionally sold to other districts (floats). See where this is going?
Arizona's share of the world's water supply is so small, you'd need a magnifying glass the size of Hubble to find it on a photo like this:

(Let that sink in :oops: ) Yes, water isn't quite as abundant as we think it is.

1676241545626.jpeg

You joke, but it’s a poignant example of the real impact of Elon’s politics and tweets. This friend is a staunch progressive and his opinion of Elon has morphed this year from bemusement to outright loathing. Four months ago he would not have bought a Tesla solely for political reasons of not wanting to support Elon. But…but…today he is giddily texting about all the great features he’s discovering about his new MY.
It was just the drone flavor of the season. Time to move on to the next topic to feel strongly about.

I write as someone usually described as a liberal progressive.

Anyway this is the weekend and I will stop. I am happy your friend is happy as well.

Arizona's share of the world's water supply is so small, you'd need a magnifying glass the size of Hubble to find it on a photo like this:

(Let that sink in :oops: ) Yes, water isn't quite as abundant as we think it is.

View attachment 906541
Eh. While accurate, it’s also not really relevant. We live on the skin of our planet. If you skimmed all of the surface land on earth 10 meters deep and made a ball, it would be an even smaller ball.

There’s definitely more balancing required between the 3 and Y in the US, currently over 400 inventory listings for the 3 and closer to 50 for the Y.
Is 400 cars a big deal for the whole US?

Keep in mind Model 3 Highland is coming. I expect the process of selling Highland Model 3s might initially be similar to Austin 4680 Model Y.

If Tesla is going to ramp up Highland production, that may mean lower production of other variants, so some build up in inventory is perhaps a good thing.

Even if Tesla does a complete cut-over to Highland, there may be some delays in ramping production.

But we seem to be seeing more frequent price adjustments, so they probably are keeping a close watch on inventory.

Reactions: navguy12