Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as @mongo points out, there are a few items in that picture that appear incorrect.

No, it is beyond that to fully incorrect.

There is no cabin glycol loop as shown
Pack does not have a cooling blower
No refrigerant reversing valves

Real 3:
Has only one Glycol reservoir (super bottle).
The drive unit is used as the pack heater.
PTC heater for cabin
Has AC condenser
Has AC evaporator to glycol
Has AC evaporator to cabin
Has glycol cooled modules

(Edit, ok it does have a pump, compressor, radiator, pack, front and rear drive units, charger, and a refrigerant/Glycol heat exchanger, but that's about all they got right.)

No, it is beyond that to fully incorrect.

There is no cabin glycol loop as shown
Pack does not have a cooling blower
No refrigerant reversing valves

Real 3:
Has only one Glycol reservoir (super bottle).
The drive unit is used as the pack heater.
PTC heater for cabin
Has AC condenser
Has AC evaporator to glycol
Has AC evaporator to cabin
Has glycol cooled modules
Apparently I was being too kind... you are right.... it's worse than I gave it credit for. ;)

Reactions: mongo
... and beating NASDAQ by 50%...

Yes, but that's the expected correlation, due to:
  • TSLA is more sensitive to China news (both good and bad),
  • TSLA is intraday ~2x sensitive to NASDAQ movements, which usually goes away by the end of the day. (i.e. intraday short/long day-trading effects),
  • TSLA is also currently sensitive to millions of shares worth of CALL and PUT options sitting close to the current share price, and the big Friday LEAP expiry date on the 18th is only 3 days away. This exaggerates price movements due to automated delta hedging and time value (and related market maker inventory) draining away.

Unless I am missing something here, if the price goes below $320 anytime from now until February 15, the owner of those puts can put their stock to the seller at $320 per share. That's $32,000 per put sold. If "a lot" of puts is 10, that's a $320,000 obligation, if "a lot" is 100, seller of the puts will have to come up with $3.2M.......I hope I have misconstrued something here.
Usually you don't get early assignment. There's always some time value left and it's always more profitable to sell the option back to the market instead of exercising.

God, I am so close to breaking even on the shares I bought just before X-mas! I am glad Tesla has posted record deliveries, 240% YoY growth, and the Model 3 became the No1 premium sedan in NA - the market has reacted so rationally to all of that! :D

Of course, it was rational. You just forgot 1 important underlying thesis:
"Tesla is losing money on every car they sell" -- Bob Lutz (and the whole TSLAQ team)
Majors growth in deliveries and record breaking market position, logically leads to faster bankwuptcy

The weird thing with USA is that all demographics seem quite anti-Musk, even progressive liberals. I can only put this down to the continual FUD campaign from the media. Must be a bit soul-destroying for Elon, who works tirelessly to improve all our futures.

I'd be quite happy for Tesla to get out of the US completely, seems a very toxic country now and I'm not sure it's going to change for some time. I'd never move to the US, the idea of walking down the street where everyone has a gone terrifies me.

Do everyone a favor and cool it with that crap. Talk about divisive.

Price action wise,
Negating yesterday’s bearish price action is bullish
Also Implies sold out bulls may need to re buy
And new shorts may need to cover

If you buy today, yesterday’s close is a good stop loss price
For short term swing traders

ON topic:
Looking strong today!

Off topic:
I apologize if it’s been talked about already, I try really hard not to skip pages here, but twitter has sucked some time latwly(too entertaining)...

Of course, it was rational. You just forgot 1 important underlying thesis:
"Tesla is losing money on every car they sell" -- Bob Lutz (and the whole TSLAQ team)
Majors growth in deliveries and record breaking market position, logically leads to faster bankwuptcy
Loved seeing Neil degrasse Tyson and ol’ Bobbie Futz yesterday on bill maher.... made a bet on climate science.. lutz doesn’t believe all the worlds science, instead he thinks the one scientist who works for the petroleum industry is right!

Weirdly, I'm actually kind of sad that the SP is recovering so well. After a month of trying I finally got my bank to transfer my stock to IB, so I never have to mess with them again and can now convert it to calls more readily. But it's more beneficial to convert stock to calls at a low SP than a high one. I could sell stock high hoping for a low, but we're running out of time before the Q4 report. Hmm, what to do, what to do...

I guess the high theta burn (given how little time is left) argues for holding unless a very good opportunity presents itself.