Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night on CTV News website (I have been an avid viewer for 40 years, still my daily go to for news) this article title caught my eye (screen image below):
View attachment 937289
Then the video below the title which is clearly a Tesla Model Y burning. So I read the entire lengthy article. It is about a class action lawsuit against ARC Pioneering Safety along with auto makers GM, Ford and Volkswagen. Tesla is not mentioned in the article. So anyone clicking the headline is provided with a two year old video of a Tesla on flames.

CTV News on-line has a reporting tool after each article, so I reported the err. This morning I see that CTV removed the Tesla video and replaced it with a photo image of ARC's headquarters. So all TMC here, if you have the opportunity to send correction notices, please do so. It works.

View attachment 937294

Interesting in the revised article, the reason for Correction did not mention the wrong video and advised that the impact of the claim against ARC, GM, Ford and VW was not as great as earlier stated.

View attachment 937297

Tesla should not give a red cent to paid media for advertising. It is equivalent to giving your lunch money to the school yard bully.
As I have said many times media is a mafia that demands protection money, or else …

Ripping out a production line at Fremont and replacing, possibly for Highland?

What I don't get is why they haven't put in a multi-storey carparking a long time ago. Even just a semi-permanent steel structure to get a second floor could free up a lot of space.
It would get them the wiggle-room to finally start cleaning up this maze/mess..

What I don't get is why they haven't put in a multi-storey carparking a long time ago. Even just a semi-permanent steel structure to get a second floor could free up a lot of space.
Yes but I think there has not been any space to build it. Sort of a Catch 22

They could build it a few blocks away and then use Boring Company tunnels to get employees back and forth

• Love
Reactions: TSLA Pilot

Because getting a permit for something that seems to be that "easy" in the Bay Area is a freaking nightmare. It's why Tesla went with "tents" for line expansion instead of permanent structures.

It took me 3 years of permitting to get approval for a 30" high, non-weight-bearing landscape wall. Not the same thing, I know, but everyone in Cali wants to have their hand in the approval of anything. Elon has repeated cited the permitting process as one of the major reasons that they didn't build Giga Texas in Cali.

Quarter 1 CNCDA report is now out:

Tesla share of 11.8% closing in on Toyota at 15.2%. Could be next quarter Tesla grabs the lead. Model 3 is the best selling passenger car, and Model Y is the best selling vehicle. Lastly, 24.2% of the vehicles sold now have a plug...

cncda0.gif

cncda1.gif

cncda2.gif

Yes but I think there has not been any space to build it. Sort of a Catch 22

They could build it a few blocks away and then use Boring Company tunnels to get employees back and forth
No, the other way around.
Find temporary off-site parking and provide continuous shuttle services during the construction.
And a 'simple' two story structure wouldn't take too long to assemble. Footing work could be gradually prepared in sections that won't block the normal parking operations, and a steel structure comes together really fast..

Last edited:
That Elon guy sure does work quickly...a few days after appointing a new CEO for the blue bird and he's off again accelerating Tesla.
Apparently he was partying until late at night, (maybe) showered and caught a few hours sleep on the overnight flight, and showed up a bit disheveled for his meeting with the French president. Macron took it as a win though because he needs Tesla far more than Tesla needs a French factory.

Then we may really hope that "at some point" is a diplomatic way of saying things by Elon.
France is infamous for its strikes (and on Cyprus you really do not want to have a factory).
I am pretty sure this was one of the criteria that Tesla took into account when starting in Berlin.
Although the graph (grève means strike in French) is a bit outdated, I think it is still pretty correct for the situation.
Of course this is only one of many criteria for choosing a location.
But I am familiar with at least one big American company that chose a location in The Netherlands and not in France because of this aspect.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 20.47.24.png

Then we may really hope that "at some point" is a diplomatic way of saying things by Elon.
France is infamous for its strikes (and on Cyprus you really do not want to have a factory).
I am pretty sure this was one of the criteria that Tesla took into account when starting in Berlin.
Although the graph (grève means strike in French) is a bit outdated, I think it is still pretty correct for the situation.
Of course this is only one of many criteria for choosing a location.
But I am familiar with at least one big American company that chose a location in The Netherlands and not in France because of this aspect.

View attachment 937966
As a French worker who went on strike 4 times last month, I concur.

A few possible objectives that I've seen articulated by the group for the Highland update are:
  • Reduce COGS
  • Update cosmetics
  • Enhance performance/specs (400mi, Ludicrous)

2 out of 3 ain't bad (no way they 'osborne' Model S). I look for a $35K refreshed 3 with ~260 miles range on LFP batts. Fleet/Rental sweet spot, too.