Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are hoping for the wrong solution to your problem. What you need to do is invest in a company which has a CEO you feel more comfortable with, a company other than Tesla. Because, "spoiler alert", Elon isn't going anywhere, so you can either divest from TSLA or come to terms with Elon as the CEO.
Agreed and that’s the long term strategy. Great company and talented people but not the right fit for us anymore.

Cheers.

Agreed and that’s the long term strategy. Great company and talented people but not the right fit for us anymore.

Cheers.

Would be curious if you leave TSLA what you replace the investment with. Even if I hated Elon (which I don't), I can't find any current company as well run with nearly as large a TAM to replace the investment with.

Would be curious if you leave TSLA what you replace the investment with. Even if I hated Elon (which I don't), I can't find any current company as well run with nearly as large a TAM to replace the investment with.
Yah for sure. It’s probably a few years away and who knows things may change by then. Age will play into it as well. Time will tell.

I wanted to take a moment and give thanks to CNBS for going against their nature and flooding today's video selection with clips from one of the best interviews of Elon by MSM, ever.

Not that I've clicked on any of them, but, it would seem that some people with un-scrounged couches may have.

Let this be the beginning of a new era of accurate reporting, journalistic integrity, and the end of Tesla-bashing.
(okay, maybe I'm getting too hopiumlly carried away with this last bit)

I wanted to take a moment and give thanks to CNBS for going against their nature and flooding today's video selection with clips from one of the best interviews of Elon by MSM, ever.

Not that I've clicked on any of them, but, it would seem that some people with un-scrounged couches may have.

Let this be the beginning of a new era of accurate reporting, journalistic integrity, and the end of Tesla-bashing.
(okay, maybe I'm getting too hopiumlly carried away with this last bit)
Indeed. Advertising is the lifeblood of the media. Since Faber spent significant time questioning Elon about Tesla advertising (which CNBC bosses would've loved), that may mark the end of egregious Tesla FUD on CNBC, and perhaps by the media in general.

Looks like the butt isn't detachable, since that is where the tow hitch is located

Pro tip when off-roading, always remember if you have a hitch installed, sincerely someone who tried to climb a steep dirt section, couldn't, and the hitch dug into the ground when reversing and got royally stuck

q4700u568g0b1.jpg

Cheers.

I think that would be an investing mistake personally, but kudos to you for admitting it and planning to take action on it. People need to invest in ways they are comfortable with because we all need good nights of sleep, and the volatility of TSLA is not for everyone. :cool:

Looks like the butt isn't detachable, since that is where the tow hitch is located

Pro tip when off-roading, always remember if you have a hitch installed, sincerely someone who tried to climb a steep dirt section, couldn't, and the hitch dug into the ground when reversing and got royally stuck

q4700u568g0b1.jpg

I look at the empty space and dream of there being a place to securely store the hitch undercover when not in use.

Reactions: GhostSkater
probably highest ROI is going to be showing some key word based ads for those searching for things like a CR-V, RAV4, etc. A lot of these ppl may simply be blind to the Model Y value proposition. Ironically, Y is selling very well in the US. If anything the 3 may need more demand but probably highlsand is a decently big demand driver i think.

May be we will see some Y ads both in Europe and US primarily of the adwords type or the billboards style. Traditionally very cheap to execute with really high ROI.
It is sad that many generalize almost all marketing activities as advertising.
There is little
Doubt that Elon has had a ‘baptism by fire’ regarding highly targeted social media
activity. Tesla has been there for
some time, but not explicitly promotional.
Now that will change.
The only question is if Tesla will adopt the broadcast advertising practices of those low margin competitors.

There is little
Doubt that Elon has had a ‘baptism by fire’ regarding highly targeted social media
Now that will change.
The only question is if Tesla will adopt the broadcast advertising practices of those low margin competitors.
Seemed to me like he was laying a bit of a trap in the discussion of advertising, describing what Tesla “might” do as something artistic and educational, and subject to confirmation if proved to be productive. How on earth does anyone prove advertising‘s effect on sales, especially if thematic and artistic? Might we guess he realizes some advertising might be required to sell the Model 2 in volume, but we won’t see any before then other than a few teasers (since we’ll remain in product shortage for some time)?

There is little
Now that will change.
Twitter CEO Linda Vaccarino should be able to advise Elon on the best platforms for advertising Tesla cars. She also could suggest ad makers that can create commercials in line with Tesla's objectives.