Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel sorry for people who spend their hard earned money on markedly inferior EVs, e.g. MACH Es, vs Teslae just because they don't approve of the CEOs politics and are triggered by what they perceive that some others may think of them.
If I behaved that way I would never watch another Hollywood movie or TV show again. Then again, upon further reflection, maybe that is the right way to go. :)
I don't. Not if it's a conscious choice.

They are making a poor choice based on the herd they've chosen to graze with. It's hard for me to feel sorry for that. It reminds me of the people who bought XYZ phones because they heard iPhones used batteries with cobalt in them produced from child labor. While it is entirely possible it is true, trivial research reveals that most likely XYZ corp has no better policies on preventing child labor and often worse.

This post isn't about iPhones so please don't @ me on that. The point here is people who are willing to "make a stand based on principals" but are unwilling to put even a trivial effort into actually researching the topic deserve what they get. When it comes to car companies and CEO politics, there are few good choices out there.

Who among the TSLAnaires hasn't lost 7 figures in the past year. I lost 8 figures last year and most of that TSLA. Some progress this year, and last year was in fact mostly macros. Glad I didn't sell off my AAPL when I thought it had run its course. But we can't break out of this until something dramatic happens (new product and/or increased demand) and if people hate the company it is going to take more effort to get things going again.
Yeah, but going from $20M to $10M is different from going from $5M to $2.5M, it's still a 50% drawdown but example 1, him/her is still a decamillionaire. JMHO of course :)

I see this posted a lot lately....my question is how did you get to 7 figures....was it your hard work....sleeping at a factory somewhere?

Or did you click a few buttons on a computer?

Full disclosure, I "lost" over 5 million since we were at an all-time high....still have enough to sit around all day and chuckle at some keyboard warriors venting...whatever they vent.

Repeated warning to NOT engage in short term gambling fell on my deaf ears, causing several margin calls in the last couple of years.

My core holdings remain locked up tight....now I just HODL and wait for the inevitable rise.
It is the way....advise.

edit: Not directed at you @M|S|M MYP
I clicked several buttons (mind you!!!) I like to attribute to some luck, conviction, hard work and that I am blessed with a loving family and a good person (most of the time) :)

Especially given Elon's view that Optimus/Robotics may ultimately be larger than the auto side of the house...

Hah, I think this is an underestimate! Elon said Optimus could be worth more than the rest of the company combined. That's (roughly):
  • Auto: 1 unit
  • Energy: 1 unit
  • Insurance: 0.3 units
  • Everything Else: 0.7 units
  • FSD/Robotaxi: 4 units
The sum is ~7 units. So if Optimus is worth more than the rest of the company combined, it is also at least 7 units, or >7x the current Mkt Cap. This is $3.5T dollar valuation on Optimus.

I believe this estimate is also low. The TAM for Optimus starts with the global labor market, so much more likely to be 100x. Then with SpaceX, Starship, and asteroid mining, the TAM becomes our Solar System (unless you want to extract plantinum in the mines on 16-Psyche). And that's just in our lifetimes (interstellar travel will likely come in the 22nd Century, so let's not account for it just yet). Suffice to say I hope Tesla mostly leases Optimus on Earth (maybe take cash for the ones destined for mines in the outer solar system). ;)

Cheers!

Scandinavian? She's originally from the US and her dad is/was a major oil exec... (not doxing, she posted that on this site still findable via search)

The "hardball" question was previous addressed in his trial testimony and covered by CNBC in November.

Elon Musk says in court that he doesn't want to be CEO of any company and tries to walk back SEC insults

SpaceX cross-fertilization is arguably a bigger thing that, I believe, gets tracked:
StackPath
What a zinger question. 🙄 Someone looking for a ‘gotcha’ moment. 🥱

Additionally, mark my words - all the companies will end up under one umbrella.

Are there any? (ad creators that can do that)? All car advertising I've seen is about looking at the car driving the way no one ever drives, and would likely be illegal if attempted.
The ads will have to be off the wall…

Random things like (in no particular order, just how they are popping in my head):

The rescue chopper approach to a mangled mess at the base of a 250+ foot cliff followed by the surviving occupants (not the driver who AFAIK is tied up in the criminal justice system) enjoying an ice cream cone;

The life of one litre of gasoline, from source to smog…followed by the life of a batch of lithium, from source to recycling to become new again…

My wife's Kona EV driving to the dealership to get a software update…followed by a message on my phone saying I have another software update, would I like to install it now or in the middle of the night tonight…

IDK, nuanced stuff like that.

In a sad irony, the upstanding, queue respecting Scandinavian @KarenRei was denied opportunity to ask a question because of rude American line cutters.

She lives in Iceland, not any part of Scandinavia. It is considered Norden, as is it’s former master Denmark from which it separated via a public vote in 1944.

Given her also US background she should have been eligible to be heard.

Random things like (in no particular order, just how they are popping in my head):

The rescue chopper approach to a mangled mess at the base of a 250+ foot cliff followed by the surviving occupants (not the driver who AFAIK is tied up in the criminal justice system) enjoying an ice cream cone;

The life of one litre of gasoline, from source to smog…followed by the life of a batch of lithium, from source to recycling to become new again…

My wife's Kona EV driving to the dealership to get a software update…followed by a message on my phone saying I have another software update, would I like to install it now or in the middle of the night tonight…

True, but I don't believe the current crop of car ad creators are up to the job.

I love this post from Papafox (in his thread). It is an excellent prediction for today's SP activity.

Yup. Hard Capped at $175 since 10:54 ET. We Closed exactly ONE PENNY above the Capping price hit at that time (while QQQs climbed throughout the rest of the session). Fixed. :p

TSLA.2023-05-17.10-54.Cap.png

Never doubt the MMs. They are the most reliable actors on Wall St. They literally bank on it.

Honest question...probably only for those who subscribe that the MM and heggies are guilty as F#@& in manipulation of TSLA. How do TSLA shareholders ever get free from their tractor beam? Even if we have a breakout to the upside, we've seen them effectively push it back down extreme points over many following days/weeks. Maybe the assumption is that they can only perform this extreme manipulation when the market/macro conditions are poor and therefore we're just waiting for a helpful macro that creates almost non-stop positive pressure that prevents the manipulators from regaining any foothold? Asking for a friend.

Yup. Hard Capped at $175 since 10:54 ET. We Closed exactly ONE PENNY above the Capping price hit at that time (while QQQs climbed throughout the rest of the session). Fixed. :p

View attachment 938678

Never doubt the MMs. They are the most reliable actors on Wall St. They literally bank on it.
Wonder who the market maker is that got my portfolio to be up exactly 4.69% when I checked close to closing time /jknk

MODS:

Please delete today's comments starting from #413,732

and especially comments made after #413,839.

Thank-you.
Sadly, this is what it looks like **after** some aggressive moderation. It was even worse before. Wish they could put a moratorium on new posters on this thread around events, seems like that's when they crawl out of the woodwork.

Reminder. The stock was up nearly 4.5% today and people want to rehash old garbage? Bleh.

Honest question...probably only for those who subscribe that the MM and heggies are guilty as F#@& in manipulation of TSLA. How do TSLA shareholders ever get free from their tractor beam? Even if we have a breakout to the upside, we've seen them effectively push it back down extreme points over many following days/weeks. Maybe the assumption is that they can only perform this extreme manipulation when the market/macro conditions are poor and therefore we're just waiting for a helpful macro that creates almost non-stop positive pressure that prevents the manipulators from regaining any foothold? Asking for a friend.
I like to think the same logic applies to the parabolic run up we had. A combination of a massive short squeeze, retail buyers, low interest rates (This reason is probably a moot point). Probably not a fair comparison now since the float is so much more than what it was pre-split.
Tesla now is no longer viewed as hyper-growth, but their earnings expectations are still expected to be hyper-growth. (If that makes any sense). We will win again in the long term. No other company is doing or can achieve what Tesla is doing/will do in the next 5-10 years.

Nice, but I'd add some others that might precede those.

The greatest misunderstanding and concern appears to be related to range anxiety and finding a place to charge. I'd first emphasize the ease of charging in a home garage. To be followed by a description of the Supercharger network and destination charging stations.

Then regarding cost concerns, I'd mention electricity being chearper than gasoline, and EV maintenance being minimal, resulting in relatively low lifetime cost.

Last edited:
How do TSLA shareholders ever get free from their tractor beam?

How does rice get free from being white? How does water prevent getting wet? There is no Dana, only Zuul.

AAPL got hammered by Wall.E in the pre-iPhone days. AMZN too when they were in their hypergrowth phase. TSLA will become the darling of Wally, and it'll be like 'we never doubted for a moment'.

Hypocrites in expensive suits... They should all be relocated to the scab lands to do some dryland fishing :p

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited: