Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is this a key enabler? Smaller connectors are better, buy why would they be necessary to enable multiplexed wiring? Off the shelf multi-way automotive connectors are available with small pins for signals and larger pins for 12 V power, and multiple pins for 12 V+, and for 12V- can be used for even higher currents.
I think part of the advantage of going to 48v, which requires less copper, is that it make it possible for Tesla to use the flexible printed PCB/harness, which make installation easier to automate. (At least I think that is one of the things they said.)

Of course. Please note that I acknowledged that the reduced copper use is very significant. It was the other assertions that I see little merit in.

GSP
Body in pieces benefits from multiplex electrical architecture which benefits from 48V.
Multiple circuits or high current inline connections are not a preferred configuration (bulky and costly).

Like @MP3Mike mentioned, the new setup may be more like flex PCB or ribbon cable (thin crossection). Tesla may combine modules with the interconnects to reduce part count.

I agree the missing part thing is always an issue.

I think part of the advantage of going to 48v, which requires less copper, is that it make it possible for Tesla to use the flexible printed PCB/harness, which make installation easier to automate. (At least I think that is one of the things they said.)
POE comes in several standards of which 48v is one. I happen to use 24v which is less smart than the 48v version just as a detail.

IMO the point of 48v is about copper and cost. 48v actuators for Optimus will be small, efficient, light and affordable if the automotive line has already delivered the benefits of scale. I also suspect a 48v window motor will be smaller/lighter while delivering the same power. YMMV🙂

Why is it that every time TSLA has a good day, LCID's gotta have a good day too?

I mean JEEEBUS people (aka Wall Street investors), can't you see a difference in the quality of the two businesses? Nope. All EV companies in the same bucket for some reason...

Not sure why everyone's ecstatic here. TSLA ain't up because Tesla's a good business. Hell LCID is up MORE than TSLA today.

I guess the million dollar question today is:

Is $TSLA going up because it's too cheap and WS is realizing it or Is it going up because WS came to the realization that it is an AI company or ?

Funny you should mention this query as I was pondering it earlier as well.

What I came up with is that Wall Street is really just a whole bunch of people. Most of whom have dedicated themselves to taking the path of least resistance, much like people do everywhere.

When their collective semi-consciousness begins noticing more frequent mention of Tesla and Elon in a positive light they jump on the bandwagon. More so because that appears to be what the crowd is doing. This stems from the fact that their analytical skills are finely honed for planning where to eat lunch and what to do next weekend, more than they are for sorting out facts and figures and all that hard stuff their job title might allude to.

Likely, they have also gotten some negative reinforcement over their careers in regard to past attempts at decision-making based upon their own skills (or lack thereof) and have migrated to the safer "follow the herd" strategy. This way, even if the herd is wrong, there is someone else to blame and they keep their jobs.

Or, maybe it is something else entirely. That is the way it goes with complex dynamic systems, particularly when people have a hand in them.

Where shall we have lunch?
Might I suggest Milliways?

FUml7uvWAAYgmtR.jpg

Yeah, I was very surprised recently to learn that I too own more TSLA than either Gary Black or Ross Gerber. Like it dumbfounded me honestly. Why do they get invited to all these events and not me, I am a larger Tesla shareholder than either of them! :D
This is one of my biggest beef with Tesla IR the past few years. I guess they have more Twitter followers than me by 1000x so they get an invite? Probably is the right move for Tesla to have more exposure via social media but to me its really unfair that I'm lined up in an invisible line waiting to get an invisible ticket. When I see Tesla event tickets/invites advertised as a "lottery'' system but I keep see the same people over and over at these events I think hmmm sounds sus. Unless they have 100x more shares than you and I that we just don't know of? Unlikely.

Is $TSLA going up because it's too cheap and WS is realizing it or Is it going up because WS came to the realization that it is an AI company or ?
Because they were bored where the stock was idling for too long and wanted some $ volatility $. MMD is on hold until further notice.

Trading algobot is now AI based and has realized Tesla is one of the only companies with a product pathway with continuing profits, and will pivot to AI powered FSD. Hence AI algobots are ensuring their own survival.

This is one of my biggest beef with Tesla IR the past few years. I guess they have more Twitter followers than me by 1000x so they get an invite? Probably is the right move for Tesla to have more exposure via social media but to me its really unfair that I'm lined up in an invisible line waiting to get an invisible ticket. When I see Tesla event tickets/invites advertised as a "lottery'' system but I keep see the same people over and over at these events I think hmmm sounds sus. Unless they have 100x more shares than you and I that we just don't know of? Unlikely.
The popular YouTubers/ Twitter people can attend if any of their followers get an invite and didn't already have a +1.
DirtyTesla and Limiting Factor were both +1s.
I did get an invite, but timing didn't work (also need to set up SO as verified investor).

TSLA is just up because the market in general is up, I don't think it's anything deeper than that.

NIO +8.24%
NKLA +6.82%
FSR +6.56%
RIVN +5.72%
RIDE +5.71%
LCID +5.29%
WKHS +4.92%

TSLA +2.85%

Compared to other EV stocks, TSLA isn't up very good at all today. EV makers with very little to no production are up more than we are! :rolleyes: