Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there's been a lot of wrap conversation, but that polished SS finish is absolutely stunning to me, personally. I hope they don't show fingerprints like many genuine SS appliances do. Ironically, I think the SS fingerprint "resistant" solution for most appliances was either a clear coating or to not use real SS. It will be interesting to learn what Tesla has done here...

EDIT: Most owners would likely acknowledge that closing your frunk without leaving smudges is difficult enough with conventional paint. When will Tesla start to make these frunks automatic? I'd pay for that retrofit (only through Tesla) in a heartbeat!
My thoughts too - that CT is beginning to look like a finished product

Not directly Tesla-related. Cruise still finding it tough going. The last time I saw a Cruise car in Austin it was driving with its wheels on the dotted line between lanes!
here is a conspiracy theory for you folks:

at this point cruise/GM may be trying to get robotaxis banned and get the public against autonomy since they have already lost to Tesla FSDb... it wont work long term but could certainly delay FSDb/robotaxi approvals

I know there's been a lot of wrap conversation, but that polished SS finish is absolutely stunning to me, personally. I hope they don't show fingerprints like many genuine SS appliances do. Ironically, I think the SS fingerprint "resistant" solution for most appliances was either a clear coating or to not use real SS. It will be interesting to learn what Tesla has done here...

EDIT: Most owners would likely acknowledge that closing your frunk without leaving smudges is difficult enough with conventional paint. When will Tesla start to make these frunks automatic? I'd pay for that retrofit (only through Tesla) in a heartbeat!
Unless you're going for the weathered, stained & smudged desert rat look, I would suggest that a clear wrap will be essential to keep the "stainless" (not) clean, cleanable, unsmudged, and lookin' good..

View attachment 976969

Here's Troys guess, Im looking at Berlin. Is this seriously what they are expected to output? Same as last 2 quarters?

Um yes because that's what the data shows.

Tesla has not been producing 5000 / week in Berlin. Not now, not last quarter.

That's why those people trying to force an exponential curve fit to the VIN data to claim 5400/wk are a total joke.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Thanks for your take, which I hate - respectfully.

If Tesla delivers, let's say, 387,000 vs 400,000 'expected' this this calls for "huge impact on stock price"?

This is WS talk. We all know there is much more to Tesla than 'WS - miss' of 13K deliveries. Especially now.
For Tesla investors, this is nearly meaningless. For speculators and day traders, very important.

Can somebody enlighten me and provide some sort of reasoning why so many folks spend days trying to forecast car unit production numbers with such high accuracy?

Why is this so much compute time especially now when Tesla has reached over 400,000 units in last 3 quarters?
There are a lot of good answers here and I'm sure all have a degree of truth to them. The other fact? There are a lot of people making a living (or at least supplementing an income) making Tesla videos on Youtube. SWAGs of P&D are more content to get views. Keep that in mind with any you see.

There is a ton of Tesla content on Youtube, most of which is crap, and regurgitates news from days, weeks or even years ago as "new information". Not only is much obsolete, much is just wrong. One of the few I really enjoy is Ryan Shaw, but there are others.

About a year away. Theres a new Nevada drone operator tracking expansion progress in Giga Nevada, and a week ago, they were just starting early stuff like building out a further away parking lot. Not much actual construction is occurring yet.
Construction has not really started yet, and yet you think mass production is only a year away?

Reactions: Patrick66
That's a 3.2% difference in deliveries. I would gladly enjoy an additional 3.2% every year on my investments. I think it is significant, even for long term investors.
Agreed, because every time there's a "miss" $TSLA loses momentum, gets beaten back down 10, 20%, and can take moths to recover - all well and good when you're young, but many of us here are on the cusp of retirement and basically just waiting for the stock to get back to where it was to achieve that

Not sure where I'd best share this so I'm posting this here for high visibility.

Last saturday september 23rd I visited my local Tesla showroom (Ghent, Belgium) with my inlaws since they want a Tesla too after seeing me drive one.

They were in doubt between a Y or a 3, so wanted to sit in both to compare interior. (Test drive not necessary, they already drove mine)
The lot was filled with mainly Y's and (old) 3's, but the Tesla representatives explained they had not a single model 3 left for us to sit in.

He explained the highland switchover, and told us:
- all (old) model 3's were sold, even the showroom models. The 3's still in the lot were all sold (or customer cars of course).
- the highland 3's for the showroom would be arrive at the very end of October, together with the first customer Highlands already. (I believe he said the weekend of 28-29 October, but it was at least in the 20's) So if I ordered now I could still get delivery end of October.

So yeah: the transition to highland 3 in Europe is fabricated to be instantaneous. Showrooms sold their cars and inventory and the new 3's are on the way.

Given the timing it seems clear to me that China is not exporting 3's right now at the end of the quarter, but keeping them for domestic sales. Starting October 1st they will IMO prioritize export to provide showroom 3's (and first customer deliveries) across Eurasia.

Not sure where I'd best share this so I'm posting this here for high visibility.

Last saturday september 23rd I visited my local Tesla showroom (Ghent, Belgium) with my inlaws since they want a Tesla too after seeing me drive one.

They were in doubt between a Y or a 3, so wanted to sit in both to compare interior. (Test drive not necessary, they already drove mine)
The lot was filled with mainly Y's and (old) 3's, but the Tesla representatives explained they had not a single model 3 left for us to sit in.

He explained the highland switchover, and told us:
- all (old) model 3's were sold, even the showroom models. The 3's still in the lot were all sold (or customer cars of course).
- the highland 3's for the showroom would be arrive at the very end of October, together with the first customer Highlands already. (I believe he said the weekend of 28-29 October, but it was at least in the 20's) So if I ordered now I could still get delivery end of October.

So yeah: the transition to highland 3 in Europe is fabricated to be instantaneous. Showrooms sold their cars and inventory and the new 3's are on the way.

Given the timing it seems clear to me that China is not exporting 3's right now at the end of the quarter, but keeping them for domestic sales. Starting October 1st they will IMO prioritize export to provide showroom 3's (and first customer deliveries) across Eurasia.

I thought the first Highland Model 3’s are already en route to Europe. There were reports of the Shanghai docks being full of Highlands and being transfered to roro ships.