Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t the nanny cam cut FSD if it sees your eyes are not on the road. How did you get away with texting without the system disengaging? FSD 2.3.x won’t work if the lens of the camera is covered either.
Not sure why but I’m starting to think that some people must have completely different experiences with FSD than I do. Not only would my car start yelling at me if I did anyone of those things (use my phone, text, email, etc) while driving, but I would also miss all of the times I need to disengage FSD. Just on my way home from my kids practice last night (4 miles) I had to disengage 4 times. Two potholes that it would have plowed through, kept it from moving into the right most lane and jumping on the highway when my turn was beyond the on ramp, and when it made a right turn it went into the shoulder thinking it was a lane.

I feel like I need to be more alert when using FSD which seems to be the opposite of some people here. At least around town (suburbs and city streets). Highway less so unless there is road construction.

Maybe this is the reason why people are way more bullish than I am on FSD and going all in on RTs. 🤷‍♂️

Let's not deviate from my point. Just answer the question @DarkandStormy & @sunwarriors ...
Is she, or is she not on pointe with her TSLA purchases and sales?
I agree, she should really just stick to buying and selling Tesla. The data show she times it well, yes?

If she has a price target of $3k in a few years, why is she selling at all?

If she has a price target of $3k in a few years, why is she selling at all?
In order to improve her position. Are you serious or just being difficult?

By not answering my simple yes/no question and instead attempting to distract with a question of your own, you expose your unwillingness to proceed in honest conversation. It's tough to take seriously.

Last edited:
While it's true Tesla's overall auto market share dropped and overall EV market share dropped, Tesla's European EV market share actually grew QoQ (Quarter over quarter) in Q1, from 17% to 19.1%. While good, this is still a drop YoY (Year-over-year) compared to Q1 2023, which was at 21.6% :

View attachment 1039600

Tesla's overall market share (all vehicles) grew in Europe Q1.
Despite this, Tesla's market share in Europe increased to 2.8% overall, including BEV, ICE vehicles, hybrids, etc.

Looks like more buying coming up if that $150 brakes( looking likely ) , said I had enough shares but this is just a fantastics price.
I’ve mentioned the maxim “Never try to catch a falling knife”.

Related is the humility to recognize how many times one has been wrong before. IOW, thinking $250 or $200 or $175 was “just a fantastic price” and buying all the way down. What, exactly, would give one confidence that there’s something uniquely ”fantastic” now about $150?

I’ve mentioned the maxim “Never try to catch a falling knife”.

Related is the humility to recognize how many times one has been wrong before. IOW, thinking $250 or $200 or $175 was “just a fantastic price” and buying all the way down. What, exactly, would give one confidence that there’s something uniquely ”fantastic” now about $150?
Because $150 < $175 < $200 < $250?

Those lawyers asked for 29 million shares of tsla. Tesla creates those shares, there is no money involved. Further, because Tesla has the ability to create shares at any moment it chooses, there is no need for Tesla to provide any bond in advance of the outcome of the inevitable appeal. And this decision will be overturned on appeal, it's just going to take another 16 months, that's all.
The problem is the votes for those 29 M shares.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rarity and Thumper
Not sure why but I’m starting to think that some people must have completely different experiences with FSD than I do.

I think there's some strong evidence now that at least part of the overall skill that FSD 12 demonstrates comes from annotated map data. Clearly, some users are driving around San Francisco right now without any interventions whatsoever. It seems the more miles that have been accumulated under FSD by the fleet, the better the map data becomes. So training does not occur solely with the neural networks, but also by the use of the auto labeler and subsequent uploading traffic control and Lane data to the mothership.

The CYBRLFT channel on YouTube has uploaded some striking examples of improvements in the same area, without updating FSD revisions, but also after having had disengagements at the same location previously. People should know that it is these disengagements that are actually training the system, especially it seems for map data.

I don’t disagree, it’s simply not my reality. I’ve almost always owned at least one more vehicle than the number of drivers in the household. I get uncomfortable when there’s only one vehicle per person.

Now there were/are reasons for that;

But for two vehicles (about to be a third) I only ever bought scratch and dent vehicles. That’s used vehicles for the English isn’t my first or second language crowd. I depended on those vehicles to get me where I needed to be. If one wouldn’t start, or was sidelined due to needing a brake job, tune up etc… I could just hop in another junker and take my time repairing.

It’s an old habit that served me well and simply became hard to break even with the odd new vehicle. It’s difficult for me to wrap my brain around one vehicle for a household of more than one. I logically understand it, but I can’t and won’t do it. It would be like owning one blender and having it break in the middle of a margarita party. 😳
LOL I had 4 vehicles at one time, used to just drive whatever had gas in it, unless I needed the work van.

Analogies are, by their nature, never perfect. But someone on Threads contrasted Musk with Lee Iacocca. In that when Chrysler was struggling, Iacocca voluntarily had his salary reduced to $1 to show how serious he was about saving the company.

Now, compare this with Musk wanting to take $56 billion out of Tesla at virtually the same time as 10% of workers are losing their livelihoods, among other downdrafts for the company. Stipulated that there are myriad differences in the details, but damn, the optics here are terrible nonetheless.
Iacocca dropped his salary to $1 (plus stock options and bonuses). Musk's was $0 (plus bonus stock options) in the first place. I do think he was taking an example out of Iacocca's book when he first asked for that -- its a statement of "i have skin in the game to make this work". Its not really any different.