Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This also surprised the sugar out of me, because I thought it was the Sumerians who invented bronze. Indeed I was under the impression that iron was in use in southeast Europe since about 1200 BCE, and Romulus and Remus didn't act out their sibling rivalry until 500 BCE... 🐺
I'm still learning history and admit I used wiki for my statement... but I knew that bronze was the tech to change it all.

Speaking of History, that Ben Franklin series has me hooked! What a genius right? A shame if we lose America - that's what I keep thinking. Some people here wishing that our only viable American Vehicle fails... by it's own people no less!

Tesla needs pricing power. Without pricing power it’s a commodity.
Relying purely on price reductions is a losing proposition.

For the stock to rally tesla needs pricing power and sales growth,
Elons should should indicate how he plans to achieve that.

The cars must be so desirable that people are willing to pay more, not less,
Ala Apple iPhone.
They need to educate the consumer of how compelling its products are now.
Drawing attention to advantages in safety, maintenance cost, fueling cost, performance,
Convenience, quality , OTA updates , FSD, and the supercharging network.

Moreover, mention that a FSD capable car may increase in value
over time, hence the car’s resale value may well increase.
Welcome to the car market. Remember all the talk about Tesla being a different car company. No, not really. After your product is on the market for awhile sales eventually slow until you give the market a new reason to buy your product. Be it money on the hood (price change) or new designs (Highland Model 3). And now that Tesla is mainstream and not a novelty anymore, it will have to keep up with the changes to compete which is expensive. And yes, the same is happening to Apple with the iPhone.

And I have not talked about the competition ( oh, I guess they are coming), both old and new that are licking their chops. All this talk of delaying the $25K because the Chinese are in that market already, so what? They are not Tesla!

Until solar panels, robots, software or unicorns bring in more revenue than the four car factories around the world, let's acknowledge Tesla is a car company. The car business is dirty and competitive as Elon quickly finding out, Decision time for Tesla and Elon, do you want to keep playing in the muddy field or move to the sidelines?

Cathie, is that you?
Last time I mentioned ARK buying pure TSLA only in all 3 funds, there were about 5 pages of attacks at them, off my single post! 🤣

When you discovered what annoys your opponents....
Cathie, ARK, yay!
Cathie, ARK, yay!
Cathie, ARK, yay!

Hi team!

My recollection of events differs.

It was mostly folks pointing out Arks actual financial performance has been hilariously terrible long term and that folks cheering to follow their moves and advice might be....not the best plan.

ARKK for example over the last 5 years (their supposed investment horizon) is down 7.76%
Over that same period the S&P500 is up 71.88%
Even MORE hilarious- TSLA, her largest holding, is up 823.53% in that period (all %s as of this post)

How terrible a fund manager do you need to be to have your largest holding be up over 800% and yet your overall fund performance is negative in the same period?

And now that Tesla is mainstream and not a novelty anymore
Its insane to suggest that FSD12 does not constitute a unique selling proposition. Like massively insane. People are buying Tesla's because they are the best EVs you can buy, with the best software and hardware, and they keep getting better after purchase. They are not buying them as a novelty. You don't make the most popular car on the planet as a novelty.

All the people they tried to get to sell, already sold. There's nobody left, except a couple here maybe.
That, and the price is already baked in. I should have bought more this AM? I keep messing up!!!

Wait until tomorrow. The price might just run up effectively today (why? I couldn't say) and then some who are expecting the drop can make some quick cash after the market responds to the expected poor numbers from the EC.

It would be unusual for anything said at this EC to result in a sustained upward trajectory, based on having sat through plenty of ECs and seeing the SP do unexpected things over the following days. Particularly with an Annual Meeting on the horizon, and the "announcement" on 8/8 looming as well.

Maybe my writing this will invoke Murphy to prove my thesis wrong, but at these moments chaos traditionally has been the most significant factor in a response to an EC under similar circumstances.

Last edited:
Its insane to suggest that FSD12 does not constitute a unique selling proposition. Like massively insane. People are buying Tesla's because they are the best EVs you can buy, with the best software and hardware, and they keep getting better after purchase. They are not buying them as a novelty. You don't make the most popular car on the planet as a novelty.
Next quarter will have an answer to that thesis.

"Analysts like Bank of America’s John Murphy believe the Model 2 isn’t dead yet.

“During 4Q24 earnings call, management mentioned that the vehicle was under development and an optimistic SOP [start of production] would be for [the second half of 2025], but CEO Elon Musk acknowledged that due to the introduction of new technology the production process may be slower than expected,” Murphy wrote in a note to clients on Monday. “In our view, Tesla is still developing the Model 2 given that it is a fundamental piece of company's growth story.”

Finally, Tesla may address (and will likely be asked about on the post-earnings conference call) other pieces of major business, such as the status of Tesla’s recently announced staff cuts of over 10% and management’s stance on new shareholder votes coming up in June. The votes deal with a change to Tesla’s state of incorporation and whether to approve Musk’s controversial pay package from 2018 that was voided by a Delaware court."

• Informative
Reactions: H Mak
Mostly, huh? What about the part of your tongue not in your cheek but hanging to your knees? What’s that part doing?

Lol, the comedy you provide is great! Are you on tour anywhere?

The insults are so frequent, yet oh so good!

Anyway, it would appear no one wants to have an actual discussion about why there is alleged "manipulation" and "corruption" when the stock goes one way but not the other. That's fine, I get it. It's probably a hard position to defend, so let's resort to attacking the questioner instead. Par for the course.

It's disappointing that some investors are not ready to engage in productive discussions regarding their investment. It's very naive to think that anyone would try to influence the market by going on a forum. On a stock that trades ~100m shares / day. When I was on your side of the investment I always searched for counter-arguments to my thesis.
Yea, that part is quite hilarious. Even in Swedish stock forums, when someone writes something good or bad about Tesla, there is always someone interpreting that as an attempt to move the stock in either direction. Even more funny, I get the strong feeling some people actually believe they CAN affect the stock price like that.

Wait until tomorrow. The price might just run up effectively today (why? I couldn't say) and then some who are expecting the drop can make some quick cash after the market responds to the expected poor numbers from the EC.

It would be unusual for anything said at this EC to result in a sustained upward trajectory, based on having sat through plenty of ECs and seeing the SP do unexpected things over the following days.

Maybe my writing this will invoke Murphy to prove my thesis wrong, but at these moments chaos traditionally has been the most significant factor in a response to an EC under similar circumstances.
Maybe not this time, but isn't the pop going to happen when everyone LEAST expects it? I'm still holding out for the hair burn of the century.
But somehow this isn't now? I would not take our situation today off the table as being safe from this. Tesla is working on other things too...

Maybe not this time, but isn't the pop going to happen when everyone LEAST expects it? I'm still holding out for the hair burn of the century.
But somehow this isn't now? I would not take our situation today off the table as being safe from this. Tesla is working on other things too...
Key word there is 'century'...so we got a long runway.

Until solar panels, robots, software or unicorns bring in more revenue than the four car factories around the world, let's acknowledge

Ouch, you missed the only business line Tesla is currently growing which has the potential to outpace the auto business in the next few years. That is, the storage business. Megapacks are more profitable than Auto on a gigawatts deployed basis. Tesla will have 80 GW hours of annual capacity by Q2 2025, and the Tesla energy business model is unique in that reoccurring revenues grows with the size of the megapack fleet.

Last year, Tesla deployed about 100 GW hours of battery cells in its Auto sales. That means that by the end of next year, Tesla energy will be as big as Tesla Auto was in 2023.

Let that sink in. 🔌

NOTE TO ALL:

I am this close to shutting the thread for an undetermined amount of time, so that ALL have the opportunity to calm down.
In a need to catch up after two days, I just had to wade through the most unproductive, vituperative, repetitive, boring and just plain shameful set of posts I can remember ever having disgraced this thread.

If after this note there is ANY kind of post that denigrates another, if there is anything like the sort of bickering, if there is any innuendo disparaging another’s position or opinion, the guilty party or parties will be publicly hanged. AND this thread WILL BE locked down

And right now, this thread is locked until 30 minutes past the present hour.