Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed 100%. I think its actually quite telling that Ford, GM, Toyota, VW are not really making any genuine large scale multi-billion dollar investments in autonomy at all. Cruise is basically a side project that I suspect only still exists because cancelling it is bad PR.

This looks to me suspicously like the charging network, version 2. The same companies absolutely fumbled the need to build out a charging network, and gave up that entire huge industry entirely to Tesla, even begging Tesla to supplu adaptors so their cars could use Tesla's superior network. They are now doing the same thing with FSD. Why bother investing $5billion when you KNOW you can never catch up, and will have to write it off?
I suspect Ford will be the first to license it, and the rest, [predictably will fall like dominos.
Cruise is something of a special case. Cruise had investment, but spending was cut back after it had the problems in California and it revealed the men behind the curtain.
GM is possibly concerned about throwing good money after bad at this point, rather than simply giving up.

UK: Latest update on discounted models from dealers - Battery Electric Vehicle deals & comparing to Tesla prices

Tesla 3: £40-60k (excludes fuel savings). Model 3 AWD Long Range is £50k
Tesla Y: £45-60k (doesn't state with regard to savings - might be cheaper as June/July cars might be from Berlin). Model Y AWD is £53k

I might be wrong on prices above (from Tesla website) - but Model 3 & Y pages don't state the same info on fuel savings. Please correct if wrong. Model Y looks like better value if these figures are correct.

Audi A4 Avant 40 TFSI 204 Black Edition 5dr S Tronic [Tech Pack] *

Just £37,340
Save 22%

A third of Audi ICE have 20-24% savings.

67 models discounted - 64 ICE, 3 BEV. ICE discounts much bigger (as they should be).

As usual, lots of Audi & VW, many more BMWs than normal, more Fords, many more Honda, more Hyundai/Kia, more Mazda, more Skoda, No Toyotas this time, no Mercedes.

Battery Electric Vehicle models listed:-
  • BMW iX1 150kW eDrive20 Sport 65kWh 5dr Auto * £41,256 Save 11%
  • Kia EV6 236kW GT Line 77.4kWh 5dr AWD Auto * £47,178 Save 9%
  • Kia EV9 149kW Air 99.8kWh 5dr Auto * £62,589 Save 4%

No VW Group EVs discounted - normally there's a few - mostly eTrons.

Some charts about Germany, IMHO it's the news of the day.

BEVs are down in Germany but Tesla is downer.
1717595310716.png

1717595251018.png

For Europe, Italy will give a hand in the next few months, as we had the first day of incentives 2 days ago (200 million fund) and it went out in 8 hours.... and the funds for non-ev cars are still there, financing the pollution.
One would hope that a CEO so cozy with the Italian prime minister would say something about this, but I won't hold my breath.

Still, these are horrible numbers for Europe (we are -19k cars compared to 2023) and especially for Germany.

Attachments

• 1717595175391.png
    1717595175391.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 3
nah. this is the problem. right now YouTube has better viewing capabilities...X is either small in screen or the whole screen. Plus, I can stream YouTube on my tv....whatever. him and his stupid platform.

Well, whenever you launch the prototype of your Mars-rocket you can stream it for free on Youtube.

Elon prefers to guide clicks to his own companies instead of the direct competition. What a moron! /s

License it? Has tesla given any indication they will license it or will it just be like the superchargers and tesla just gives access away for nothing. Elon hates moats and FSD will be a huge moat just like the supercharger network was.
Yes, elon has said many times that they are interested in licensing it, and has said they have had talks with a major automaker about it. This is widely know, its not speculation on my part. It has been discussed here in great detail.

Im vacationing, but felt like chiming in:

We are potentially having a skyscraper sized rocket land in two separate sections after getting to Space (!!).

The disgruntled topic is going through a few more clicks (at max) in order to view this event?!
Perfectly sums up most of the recent discussions here lol

And "hate" isn't a necessarily over-the-top strong feeling for a company... I hate the fact that Apple restricts what I'm allowed to install on a device I own. I hate the removal of advanced options for the technically savvy in favor of making the UI "easier" for the masses, often with behaviors designed to be "helpful" but that instead implement things I didn't want.

I similarly hate HP's current product/policies, etc... just not at the level of hating other companies that are profiting off of the destruction of the environment, etc....
I disagreed only because 'hate' is such an extreme emption to waste on any company. It should be reserved for extreme emotions rather than user preferences or shareholder choices.

Not liking Apple, HP, Tesla or any other company. Then, just don't invest in them or buy from them. Don't waste hate when that sentiment can be reserved for entities or persons more deserving of oppobrium.

Being a disruptor or being subject to disruption is only relevant to the extent that affects your future cashflows / profits. P/E is simple maths, if you are paying 51 USD to be an owner of 1 USD in profits, you better feel rather sure profits will rise quickly in the future, otherwise you'll wait 51 years until you'll have the money invested back.
No, you don't wait 51 years until you'll have your investment back. You wait 51 years to double your money. Your investment is returned back to you the minute you sell.

Makes a bad investment, hence it's why the value of this company that can earn such earnings should be compared to 10 year treasures.

• Disagree
Reactions: alexxs88

Not surprising.

Interesting prediction from Elon on FSD.

Text:

Two other versions are in earlier stages of testing: 12.5 and 12.6, which could be called v14 and v15. We are starting to get to the point where, once known bugs are fixed, it will take over a year of driving to get even one intervention.

Interesting prediction from Elon on FSD.

Text:

Two other versions are in earlier stages of testing: 12.5 and 12.6, which could be called v14 and v15. We are starting to get to the point where, once known bugs are fixed, it will take over a year of driving to get even one intervention.

This is great. The one year of driving between intervention average, would be absolutely amazing.