Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@neroden you are the new $TSLAQ poster boy:

Polixenes on Twitter

It appears they troll this forum and cherry pick content to post on twitter now.

It took them several weeks to find this. But now we know that TSLAQ is mining our posts for material they can exploit. Expressing honest differences here does prove that this is not an echo chamber, but perhaps we need to be careful.

Can we also agree that most people are not insane? The only reason that anyone is still buying a non-Tesla car is that they either haven’t yet heard of TN, or they give it a very remote chance of happening.

People may suddenly need a car, leaving them with little choice.

(Anecdotally, I placed my Model 3 order after 18 months without a car and I am uncertain if that forms an argument in support of my sanity).

OT

I’m on the last book. It is one of the best series I’ve ever read.
My favorite ship name so far, Lightly Seared on the Reality Grill.

There are many, The Anticipation Of A New Lover's Arrival probably one of my faves.

Be sure to read Inversion too - it's not listed as a Culture novel, but it is. Plus there's an Iain Banks book, The Bridge, that has a tangental reference.

As much as I'm happy for you, I'm also really jealous.

I think I'm about to cancel my order and tell them that I need an european model 3 : CCS (I know, not the same in NA) and towing should be available everywhere.

I am so far out that I learned of the Tow Bar option not from the personal email to me from Tesla but from TMC, via our resident AI (-expert) @KarenRei ...

Moments later, when I was going to email Tesla to ask for the upgrade to be added to my order I had already decided that if they would not offer that, I would cancel my order and create a new one with the tow bar option - incurring an extra cost of 1100 Euro due to the recent FSD price hike.

So I could imagine that at least in some EU countries, there will be a good amount of tow bar options.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Potential (likely best case) Tesla upcoming timeline:
2020 - Semi & Roadster production. Pickup production?
  • Nocturnal get's free SpaceEx Roadster because Elon loved one of my posts
  • 2H19/2020 - European GF4 announced?
  • 2H20 new cheaper car model reveal (compact?).
Pretty good, but you missed an important one.

I'm dying to know the pre-orders for the model Y. I expect them to be far lower than the 3 but it still may be a window. It's going to be an amazing car.

Last edited:
There are many, The Anticipation Of A New Lover's Arrival probably one of my faves.

Be sure to read Inversion too - it's not listed as a Culture novel, but it is. Plus there's an Iain Banks book, The Bridge, that has a tangental reference.

I’ve read the first one and was
too devestated by the ending to continue with the next ones. I entered knowing it was a series and assuming that meant there’d be plot armor on at least some of the characters. Didn’t realize the “series” was only so in terms of the overarching universe, not the characters.

• Disagree
Reactions: Buddyroe
Will compare with Model 3 SR+ (in brackets) in a second.
  • First version: "I.D. 3 1st":
  • 58kWh [vs. ~50kWh]
  • 420km WLTP (ad later on says "drive up to 550km on one charge" - NEDC? Later variant?) [vs. 415km WLTP. So about 20% higher energy consumption per unit distance for the I.D., which is about what I'd expect from that shape]
  • <€40k [vs. €44,5k w/German VAT - assuming that ID is priced with German VAT]
  • 30k of the first version being made (unclear of what timeframe - sounds like perhaps over the course of the first year of production?)
  • Production start: end of this year.
  • "More than 100k per year" will be achieved "over the coming years". [vs. 500k target over the next year, starting this quarter]. 100k/yr "In a running year, not in 2020", although a new car to be introduced next year.
  • At plant completion: "Plant has a capacity of 300k cars" (multiple models combined).
  • I didn't catch charge rates, just that it'll work with Ionity.
  • He refused to answer a reporter question about performance.
Not mentioned, but we know from previous reporting: they lose ~€3k per vehicle, instead of making several thousand € like the Model 3 SR+ ;) And the latter is the price with EAP included. Doing a bit of math, that suggests that their non-VAT production cost is around €36,3k / $40,7k USD (assuming that "under €40k" means "right about €40k", as it usually does)

One big point of kudos to Jürgen: he took the time to diss fuel cells in response to a reporter question ;) Pointed out that given the state of the technology, they simply cannot make a big enough impact in the coming decade, whereas VW wants to make a big impact now.

Additionally, given the recent change in Germany's BEV subsidies I think it can be safely assumed that the length of the I.D. 3 will not exceed 4.65m. :)

I’ve read the first one and was
too devestated by the ending to continue with the next ones. I entered knowing it was a series and assuming that meant there’d be plot armor on at least some of the characters. Didn’t realize the “series” was only so in terms of the overarching universe, not the characters.

Indeed, there are a few ships that are mention in more than one novel, but each book tends to focus on a few new characters.

Banks is not at all sentimental, most of his characters are deeply flawed, treacherous, with dark and nasty histories. Most get killed-off, in unpleasant ways.

And while not Culture novels, Against a Dark Background, Feersum Endjinn and The Alchemist are great reads.

But I think everyone dies there too :-D

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
For those hardware geeks (Like me), this wiki has a ton of detailed information about Tesla's "FSD" chip. It's so detailed, I'm wondering if it was updated by someone on the development team:
FSD Chip - Tesla - WikiChip

As a Wikipedian I would like to point out that this for-profit website does not concern itself with copyright law nor with citing sources for its information.

But it could still be accurate.

Reactions: replicant